4. "Confession"
5. "Royal"
6. "Approach"
7. "Liturgy"
8. "Lament"
9. "Zion"
10. "Selah"
11. "Arrive"

So, I'm going to be frank. This has gone completely off the rails and I'm not going to pretend I'll be getting it together for real this time. However, I can say that my laptop is finally being worked on and will hopefully be back to me within a couple weeks, and at that point I promise to get this rolling again. I know that not maintaining regular intervals is hurting participation, so just know that it'll be back to business soon. As it is now, I just make a new thread when I can remember to when I'm at a computer, and just because of that I've made this half-assed thread on my phone. 

I've been too busy to post a blurb on this lately until now. I wanted to choose a more mellower album than the last one I picked and this is the one. Got this album last fall (3 years after its release) and it's quite an amazing album. The lyrics are mainly religious/inspirational, but it's not preachy. Sounds quite like a more laid back Thrice/Wolves at the Gate with a bit of post-rock feel at times. There are a couple slightly heavy tunes on "Hail" and "Royal" and some memorable tunes like "Curse", "Approach" and "Arrive". Album is worth the spin or two. 

I thought it was a decent album. The vocalist has a good voice and that's the best part of the band for me. It kind of reminds me of Anthony Green. There's a decent mix of some harder tracks along with some melodic. Overall though, no songs really stood out to me and it just kind of dragged on. Some of the lower songs went on for quite awhile and made me question to myself when they'd end. 

I wouldn't return to listen to it again, but I see how some of you may enjoy it more than I did. I personally am into material that's more upbeat.

I'd give it a 5/10.

Sorry, Nick but this just isn't doing anything for me. I can understand why some might like it, but the vocalist doesn't stand out to me and the songs don't hook me in or get me singing along. There's good atmosphere here, I guess, but it's just not for me.

I liked the album. It's an 7/10 for me. I don't know if I've ever really heard anything of this genre before. It's definitely got a Christian overtone to it, but it keeps throwing me off that its as Indie and light as it is. I liked "Royal" cause it really switched things up in my opinion with a little grunginess to it. Nothing too memorable...but a really good album to have as background. I don't regret listening to it!

Three songs in and I started wondering if this album will ever end. It definitely drags along for me. Royal is a bit of a nice change of pace but, like the songs before it, it didn't stop my mind from wandering. The ending of it and the beginning of the next song kind of undid any good feelings I toward it. It just came off as "noise" to me and I really didn't like Approach. I did, however, actually like Lament - probably because that song seemed to get to the point without any extra flourishes. 

I first encountered My Epic through their Viscera release and was absolutely stunned. The 5 tracks on that release are among the deepest, most poignant I've heard in a long time. Open Letter is on my short list for most brilliant songs ever written.

So Behold, when I heard it, was a way for me to explore the depths of a band I already love on an almost tattoo-worthy level. I don't have any tattoos. I adore the album and the band and everything about them. So kudos  great pick.

I say this as an Eastern Orthodox musician steeped in theology and this particular subgenre. So yeah, perspective has a major role to play in my love of this. But My Epic is, for folks like me, astonishing.