Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NinjaNick101

Super Bowl LI

Super Bowl LI   7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins that game?

• New England Patriots
    • Atlanta Falcons

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

25 point lead is the new 3-1. 

And yes, Julian Edelman made the most unbelievable catch of all time. It was millimeters close to being intercepted or incomplete.

Tom Brady did an interview today and he said Gisele wants him to retire.

In an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio Monday, Brady said Bundchen urged him to hang it up last night following the Patriots’ historic come-from-behind win in Super Bowl LI.

“If it was up to my wife she’d have me retire today, she told me that last night,” he said. “I said, ‘Too bad babe.'”

Thoughts...

- Great game from the 4th quarter on. Arthur Blank was getting less and less jiggy with it as the score was getting closer. Seeing Goodell's worst nightmare come true was awesome. But he makes over $30 million a year so I don't think he cares that much.

- Amazing catch from Edelman that was this years version of David Tyree.

- Can't believe the Pats passed on 1st and goal. You figured them of all teams would know better seeing as how a similar stupid passing play got them a Super Bowl two years ago.

- I was rooting for the Pats but it was bittersweet seeing them win because while I love Belichick and Brady and want to see them continue to win and to piss off jealous and bitter opponents and rival fans, I hate most Patriots fans and don't want to see these people get another championship. You have good Pats fans like our very own Omar, but most Pats fans are bandwagon fans. This team did shit for attendance before their first Super Bowl and now you have all these supposed life long die hard fans. And even worse than the bandwagon fans are the ones who predict the Pats to go 19-0 every year and if they ever lose a game it's because of referee incompetence or because someone cheated.

- White should've gotten MVP...most catches in Super Bowl history, over 100 yards receiving, three TDs including the game-winning TD.

- I ended up going 8-3 with my picks. Picked against the Cowboys and the Pats the final two games.

- What happens with squares? If Atlanta got the overtime TD I would've hit my square but it's OT so I don't know what would have happened. The right thing to do would be to divide it five ways between the winners of all five quarters. I'm glad I didn't hit mine cause I would've been pissed if I never got paid.

- Some clown bet $1.1 million against the Pats in Vegas. Likely someone rich enough to not really care much that they got it wrong.

- Women are equal to men and all races should get along. We get it, advertisers. Now that you all got your brownie points, can you try for some entertaining commercials next year?

- Screw you, local Fox news. Fucking up my recording of the new 24 with local coverage of weird fans walking in the streets instead of watching the game and celebration on TV. I'm sure it's gonna suck but I still want to see it and I had to record shit all night in hopes of it recording when the news coverage was done.

1 hour ago, RainbowDragon said:

Tom Brady did an interview today and he said Gisele wants him to retire.

This is bittersweet for me. Of course I'd want THIS Brady for the next 2-3 years but I'm skeptical. Father Time is undefeated. I'm scared of trading one great Brady year for 10 good Jimmy G years. 

On passing on 1st and goal, Blount is not an automatic there so I would have passed too. If you just hand it to him to go up the middle its not a sure thing. Seahwaks had a RB who had a higher chance of punching it in.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Thoughts...

- Great game from the 4th quarter on. Arthur Blank was getting less and less jiggy with it as the score was getting closer. Seeing Goodell's worst nightmare come true was awesome. But he makes over $30 million a year so I don't think he cares that much.

- Amazing catch from Edelman that was this years version of David Tyree.

- Can't believe the Pats passed on 1st and goal. You figured them of all teams would know better seeing as how a similar stupid passing play got them a Super Bowl two years ago.

- I was rooting for the Pats but it was bittersweet seeing them win because while I love Belichick and Brady and want to see them continue to win and to piss off jealous and bitter opponents and rival fans, I hate most Patriots fans and don't want to see these people get another championship. You have good Pats fans like our very own Omar, but most Pats fans are bandwagon fans. This team did shit for attendance before their first Super Bowl and now you have all these supposed life long die hard fans. And even worse than the bandwagon fans are the ones who predict the Pats to go 19-0 every year and if they ever lose a game it's because of referee incompetence or because someone cheated.

- White should've gotten MVP...most catches in Super Bowl history, over 100 yards receiving and the game-winning TD.

- I ended up going 8-3 with my picks. Picked against the Cowboys and the Pats the final two games.

- What happens with squares? If Atlanta got the overtime TD I would've hit my square but it's OT so I don't know what would have happened. The right thing to do would be to divide it five ways between the winners of all five quarters. I'm glad I didn't hit mine cause I would've been pissed if I never got paid.

- Some clown bet $1.1 million against the Pats in Vegas. Likely someone rich enough to not really care much that they got it wrong.

- Women are equal to men and all races should get along. We get it, advertisers. Now that you all got your brownie points, can you try for some entertaining commercials next year?

- Screw you, local Fox news. Fucking up my recording of the new 24 with local coverage of weird fans walking in the streets instead of watching the game and celebration on TV. I'm sure it's gonna suck but I still want to see it and I had to record shit all night in hopes of it recording when the news coverage was done.

We paid our squares out at the 4th quarter. 8-8. Didn't want to start a fight. 

2 minutes ago, Omar said:

This is bittersweet for me. Of course I'd want THIS Brady for the next 2-3 years but I'm skeptical. Father Time is undefeated. I'm scared of trading one great Brady year for 10 good Jimmy G years. 

Its not gonna end well if he keeps playing. Hes gonna get hurt one day and be done.

2 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

On passing on 1st and goal, Blount is not an automatic there so I would have passed too. If you just hand it to him to go up the middle its not a sure thing. Seahwaks had a RB who had a higher chance of punching it in.

Yeah I have no issues with the pass, would have been awful to see Blount fumble again. Would have like to see a better pass from Brady though, that was scary. Felt like the ball was up in the air for an hour. 

1 minute ago, RainbowDragon said:

Its not gonna end well if he keeps playing. Hes gonna get hurt one day and be done.

Yeah most players don't get to go out like Elway. Brady had his chance to top that tonight but passed on it. We'll see. I'm just scared of a Manning-like sudden tip off. Who knows maybe they just hang on to Jimmy and let Brady play this next year out and then we see the change.

So Im for trading Jimmy G because they need those draft picks to restock. Have to work on the OL who was terrible and only succeeded when the Falcons DL got winded. Also resigning Hightower is a must.

When Belichick and Brady first embraced after they won, my dad said he thought he heard one of them say "last game." I didn't hear it though. They're not Michael Vick so they're not going to try to take the spotlight so I wouldn't expect an announcement for a few weeks if one of them is leaving.

I'd love to see Brady retire. I love when players go out on top. And I'm not just talking about winning, I'm talking about at the top of their game. I'm the only Red Sox fan happy to see Ortiz stay retired because I loved how he went out with one of his best years. The vast majority of athletes retire one or two or three years too late. I like the athletes who retire potentially a year early and leave the fans wanting more.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

When Belichick and Brady first embraced after they won, my dad said he thought he heard one of them say "last game." I didn't hear it though. They're not Michael Vick so they're not going to try to take the spotlight so I wouldn't expect an announcement for a few weeks if one of them is leaving.

I'd love to see Brady retire. I love when players go out on top. And I'm not just talking about winning, I'm talking about at the top of their game. I'm the only Red Sox fan happy to see Ortiz stay retired because I loved how he went out with one of his best years. The vast majority of athletes retire one or two or three years too late. I like the athletes who retire potentially a year early and leave the fans wanting more.

Brady already said he isn't retiring.

1 hour ago, Omar said:

I know this feel really well.  I hope it doesn't work out for you guys as well as it did for us, no offense.

I forgot to ask this before. Why the FUCK was Michael Strahan walking with the Lombardi trophy? Can we go a goddamn day without him being shoved down our throats? Here is a guy who was one of the faces of the team responsible for "stomping down" the Pats in the most devastating moment in team history and he is the person chosen to present the trophy to Bob Kraft? They might as well have gotten Eric Mangini to bring the trophy out.

57 minutes ago, Mike said:

I forgot to ask this before. Why the FUCK was Michael Strahan walking with the Lombardi trophy? Can we go a goddamn day without him being shoved down our throats? Here is a guy who was one of the faces of the team responsible for "stomping down" the Pats in the most devastating moment in team history and he is the person chosen to present the trophy to Bob Kraft? They might as well have gotten Eric Mangini to bring the trophy out.

Guessing it's just a Fox thing. God knows they had to take it out of McGinest's hands after he kept cussing like a sailor.