Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

It's That Time Again...

96 posts in this topic

Phantogram, Blue October, Basement, Young Guns, Too Close To Touch, Thousand Foot Krutch, Radiohead, and Safetysuit all move forward.

Memphis May Fire, Apollo Under Fire, Through Fire... is there a theme running here?

Anyway, them and Devour The Day, White Lung, (Hed) P.E., Sixx A.M., and From Ashes To New all move forward.

So I just realized I've allowed a terrible mistake to persist.

One of the bands that I had listed for this next set is Dayseeker because Andrew had nominated their album Origin and they made it all the way to the final preliminary to make it in. In all that time, for some reason I never noticed that Origin was from 2015, and not 2016.

The reason I didn't notice until now is because when I was gathering all the information for the tournament, somehow I skipped over Dayseeker (I probably confused them with Dayshell) and when I noticed this just now, I went to get the info real quick and realized that I could only find albums from 2015 and this year.

So we have a conundrum cause now I need another album to fill the space.

I'm tempted to let @Andrew decide the album since it was his nomination to begin with and I don't want to just throw one of my votes in the mix. In the interest of continuing, I'm going to swap a couple matches this set to give us time to solve this problem.

Parabelle, Emarosa, Helmet, The Head And The Heart, Saosin, Avatar, Lacuna Coil, and Animals As Leaders all move forward.

New set will go up tomorrow, spent too much time tonight doing other things.

So a little later than I said it would be... sorry about that. These things will happen but I'll try to minimize it as much as possible.

Islander, Black Stone Cherry, Thrice, Iggy Pop, Bleeker, Pierce The Veil, Descendents, and I Prevail all move forward.

New set will go up tomorrow.

That said, current set victors are Highly Suspect, Fire From The Gods, In Flames, Citizen Zero, Stephen, The Word Alive, and Korn.

We still need someone to choose between Bon Jovi and Touche Amore.

I forgot to post the winners of the last round, so in case someone didn't notice, Kaleo, The Devil Wears Prada, Textures, Giraffe Tongue Orchestra, Cyrenic, Beartooth, Periphery, and Throw The Fight all move forward. Twin Atlantic plots righteous revenge.

For this round, Night Verses, Norma Jean, Nothing But Thieves, Crown The Empire, Gojira, Hacktivist, and Sick Puppies all move forward. Jury is still out between Hellyeah and Dance Gavin Dance.

I haven't stayed up to date on posting the winners, so the set prior to last had Of Mice And Men, Balance And Composure, Alter Bridge, Sum 41, Every Time I Die, Kings Of Leon, Wovenwar, and Decyfer Down moving forward.

Last set has Hands Like Houses, Bad Omens, Skillet, Anthrax, Holy White Hounds, Yellowcard, Suicidal Tendencies, and Architects moving forward.

RIP Blink-182.

New stuff will go up tomorrow, any votes beyond the end of this past evening will not be counted. Except of course any that break a tie.

Sorry, just personal stuff throwing off my schedule. 

Hey guys, guess what? No new set tonight for obvious reasons. Or in case they aren't obvious, it's because we're reaching the end of Round 1. We'll need Set 16 to close so we can continue. Enjoy the break!

In the meantime, time to play winners catch-up.

From Set 13: Against Me!, Killswitch Engage, With Confidence, Bastille, Moose Blood, 3 Pill Morning, Issues, and Gemini Syndrome.

From Set 14: Real Friends, Milk Teeth, Face To Face, Another Lost Year, Beware Of Darkness, Joyce Manor, Letlive., and Biffy Clyro. A little annoyed that Kongos lost, but it's okay.

From Set 15: Stereoside, Twelve Foot Ninja, Poets Of The Fall, Cilver, Panic! At The Disco, The Color Morale, Wolves At The Gate, and Russian Circles. Really annoyed that Broods lost, and it's not okay. It will never be okay.

24 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Really annoyed that Fit For a King lost

They should sing more. You can't make friends with salad. :)

As the fellow who submitted Russian Circles for consideration, I'm very pleased that they advanced. Instrumentals are kind of a tough sell here historically, and I honestly didn't expect them to make it past the prelims.

Really this whole Music Madness thing has gone pretty well for me this round, far more than in the past. Giraffe Tongue Orchestra, The Black Queen, Russian Circles, Iggy Pop, and The Dillinger Escape Plan (though it has yet to advance) were all albums I really tried to champion here, and they're all overperforming relative what I expected. Sure, lié and Wes Borland's terrific records and a few others didn't make the cut, but this is a much higher success rate than I'm used to with pushing music on you guys so I'll take the validation. 

But it just now occurred to me, am I mistaken, or did David Bowie fly completely under the radar for this tournament? How the fuck does that happen? 

1 hour ago, Ruiner said:

But it just now occurred to me, am I mistaken, or did David Bowie fly completely under the radar for this tournament? How the fuck does that happen? 

I don't know about flying under the radar as at least I was aware of the release, but I didn't include him in my listing and no one else nominated him for voting, so Blackstar never got an opportunity to enter. I didn't include him because I felt it would be one of those questionable sort of additions to a rock tournament, but like everyone else who got nominated, I would've been open to allowing people to vote for his inclusion if they wanted. I suppose you could ask yourself why you didn't nominate him.

38 minutes ago, pen said:

I don't know about flying under the radar as at least I was aware of the release, but I didn't include him in my listing and no one else nominated him for voting, so Blackstar never got an opportunity to enter. I didn't include him because I felt it would be one of those questionable sort of additions to a rock tournament, but like everyone else who got nominated, I would've been open to allowing people to vote for his inclusion if they wanted. I suppose you could ask yourself why you didn't nominate him.

I'm not blaming anybody, it's just crazy is all. I clearly had a brain fart and didn't notice he wasn't listed, and I have to imagine I'm not the only one. He almost certainly would've done well if someone had submitted him. 

So I haven't really kept up with posting results, mostly because the results have been disappointing me more each time...

From the first round, Emarosa, Saosin, Highly Suspect, Real Friends, Russian Circles, Nothing But Thieves, 3 Pill Morning, and Out Came The Wolves move forward.

From the second round, Blue October, Memphis May Fire, Tremonti, Crown The Empire, Too Close To Touch, With Confidence, Every Time I Die, and Norma Jean move forward.

Really bothered that Green Day got knocked out by Norma Jean. I feel like the only reason that happened is because half of you that voted temporarily went insane. I pray that the random list generator gods are kind next round...

I'm upset Cage9 didn't make it, and it looks like Parabelle is going to get knocked out soon.  Oh well. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0