Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

It's That Time Again...

91 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, American_Idiot said:

Also, would Macklemore's album count?

The way I see it, if it's questionable, then it's questionable enough to be voted on. B)

If we are talking about Macklemore how about Aaron Lewis' country album Sinner?

I purchased it and I enjoy it.  

17 minutes ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

If we are talking about Macklemore how about Aaron Lewis' country album Sinner?

I purchased it and I enjoy it.  

I vote no on both.

The 15th is when I will officially close this thread and I'll start putting together the prelims so we can determine the final list. You've got until then to make suggestions for inclusion.

A couple more albums from last year that I just started getting into recently:

The Interrupters - "Say It Out Loud"

Trash Boat - "Nothing I Write You Can Change What You've Been Through"

Forgot another gem:

Okilly Dokilly - 'Howdilly Doodilly'

Note: This is a Ned Flanders themed metalcore band. I'm not sure how you're gonna feel about that.

Edit: I have one more.

Elyose - 'Ipso Facto'

So to give an update on this (and I appreciate people not asking me about it), this slightly got away from me due to life stuff, but I'm down to the last bit of information gathering, which is collecting all the Youtube videos. I have everything else. So it won't be much longer now.

So here's the deal. I finished gathering all my intel but at the end of this week I'm going to be out of town visiting family, so it doesn't really make sense to start this up until I return. Also I want people to be aware that this going to be starting so they can participate, so I figure I'll give it a couple weeks time so people can get their ducks in a row.

Therefore, Wednesday, May 24th is when we will begin.

Starting as promised. I'm not sure I really have to explain the rules at this point but do bear in mind each set is only open for one week each. So you have until next Wednesday to vote for this set. The next set goes up Sunday and you have until next Sunday to vote for that, and so on and so forth.

Also for your vote to count you have to be an active poster. I will be watching who votes to verify the votes are valid.

I also decided it was about time we activated the preview pane function button on this forum, wot wot? Click the little page with a magnifier to see what your post looks like before you actually post it! We're truly in age of miracles.

6 hours ago, pen said:

Also for your vote to count you have to be an active poster. I will be watching who votes to verify the votes are valid.

I'd highly recommend establishing and publicizing the exact criteria (e.g. X posts within last X months) for this now rather than waiting for a controversy. That way it avoids the appearance of making up criteria that fits whether to allow a single controversial vote or not at that given moment. I don't think you'd do that, but if you wait it may appear that way to whoever your decision does not benefit.

Plus I want to see if I count, because I've been relatively inactive.

4 hours ago, Vigo said:

Plus I want to see if I count, because I've been relatively inactive.

Your last post before this one was 16 hours ago.

The reason I even had to consider this kind of rule is because the year before last, Veritas swooped in and voted in the final round after not having posted here in over a year.

You're right in that I don't want to be controversial, but I also know sometimes life happens to us and we have forumers who go away for a month and come back.

That's why this absolutely has to be decided on a case by case basis, because there's a difference between someone who posts infrequently and someone who never posts at all, and I wanted this tournament to remain something for the community proper.

So to answer your most pressing question, yes, you qualify to vote.

As of last night, the contestants that move forward are Banks, Good Charlotte, Out Came The Wolves, Chevelle, Metallica, Lacey Sturm, Kyng, and Avenged Sevenfold.

New sets coming shortly.

Set 2 is closed. Flaw, Lonely The Brave, Deftones, Fight The Fade, Relient K, Failure Anthem, Birds Of Tokyo, and The Black Queen all get to progress.

17 minutes ago, jman3000 said:

I'm still waiting for more sets with my favorite albums from last year.

We've got 16 sets to plow through for the first round, so sit tight.

So far for Round 3, Feeder, Tremonti, Green Day, Cavo, 9Electric, Band Of Horses, and Crobot get to progress. Jury is still out on whether Opeth or Tonight Alive move forward.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0