Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

The Next Four Years of American Insanity

396 posts in this topic

I'm confident that Trump is being bribed/blackmailed by Putin and Russia.

This is an extremely long post, so I'll use spoilers. Here's the timeline and reasoning:

I think I'll probably stay out of this thread. The goofy title makes it seem like it's just going to be a Trump bashing thread instead of mature, unbiased political talk. No thanks.

I think Micheal Moore was right.  Many blue collar middle class voters voted for Trump as a big middle finger to the establishment.  What they didn't think about was what he would actually do as president.  A divided nation gave rise to a Trump victory and he seems to believe it's the way to rule us.  As long as we have two extremely polarized sides in this country, we will all lose.  We need to have something happen that can bring us all together.  I just fear that thing is going to be something catastrophic.

33 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think I'll probably stay out of this thread. The goofy title makes it seem like it's just going to be a Trump bashing thread instead of mature, unbiased political talk. No thanks.

Don't be a puss.

4 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Don't be a puss.

I'm not into the awful arguing that I hear about on Facebook and saw first hand in the election thread before I stopped posting in that. I'd like civilized, unbiased discussion but Koldes seems like the only one capable of that for the most part.

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

Your mistake here is in assuming that bashing Trump means somebody is "biased" and "immature". In reality, anybody with sense in their brains bashes Trump because he's doing a plethora of awful shit and they have to bash him especially hard because people like you are too caught up in partisan warfare to take it seriously. Plenty of conservatives and Republicans are treating this as an administration plagued with serious, deeply troubling issues. Like there's a legitimate goddamn chance that the president is being blackmailed by an authoritarian war criminal. The president's right hand man and chief strategist is on record as saying that he wants America to be thrown into total chaos, as a philosophy. The president behaves in such a manner that it seems without question that he has a mental condition, and he has sole power over our nuclear arsenal. There's plenty of evidence suggesting that the long term plan of this presidency is to undermine democracy and maintain control at any cost, and there's a Congress that's so apathetic that they may just let it happen. And you see these things, and they're all so terrible that maybe you dismiss them as "crazy liberal conspiracy theories", but they're fuckin' real, and it would do you a lot of good to understand that.

Like, I wish our biggest concern was that stupid fucking impractical-in-every-way wall sucking up billions of dollars. I seriously do.

And even if you think Trump isn't horrible for reasons that are incomprehensible to me, the thread title is still absolutely accurate. There's never been this much civil unrest over a new presidency. It's been a week and already we're at the point of the courts having to get involved in executive orders, there's mass protests in airports all over the country, no matter what your opinion is, these next four years will be absolutely filled with insanity. Our public officials are counting on it.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Give me a reason not to bash him and we can go from there, but I imagine you're not really following any of this stuff intently anyway.

Lots of people, against the ban, are speaking out how it's essentially a religious persecution ban - something that America has always been against. A lot of people including Trump are now saying stuff like "It's not a Muslim ban, it's just a ban from countries with terrorism." 

Seriously, this guy CAMPAIGNED on a Muslim Ban, and now he and his supporters are saying it's not a Muslim Ban. Wtf. This is a great example of the right wing version of political correctness where they won't just say what it is and call it like it is. And it's frustrating beyond belief. 

If they ever start moving forward with the Mexico Wall, they will be like "Oh this isn't against Mexicans, it's just against criminals! Nothing to do with Mexicans."

And then I'll proceed to get called a snowflake and a politically correct baby who needs a safe space...

Argggh, okay, rant over. 

Of course it's a Muslim ban. When the vast majority of terrorists out there are Muslim, of course they're going to be the ones targeted with this ban. It's a damn shame the innocent Muslim people who represent the vast majority of the ones coming here get targeted, but it's for the greater good to weed out the bad ones. Imagine if there was a public event and there was intel that said a Chinese man had a bomb. The police would be looking at all Chinese men to find the suspect. Sure they'd be targeting the innocent ones but it's only to find the bad one. And they can't admit that it's a Muslim ban because then it would look racist (even more so than it already does to people) even though the safety of America is the only motivation. 

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

I imagine you're not really following any of this stuff intently anyway.

I know I said before I don't really follow politics but I followed a lot during the election coverage and since then I've still been following it. I'm more into politics now than I've ever been in my life before. I'm not into it as much as others but I do follow current events more than I ever have before and watch CNN and Fox News now. I still follow my usual interests like games and movies more but politics stuff has been added to my interests in recent months. 

Then I suppose you're aware that Muslims are people who follow a certain religion and not just all brown people in the middle east. A better analogy would have been a Christian or a Buddhist committing a terrorist act, not a Chinese person.

And, once again, a grand total of zero Americans have died in terror attacks by people from those countries. And the amount of Americans total who have died in terror attacks by radical Islamic terrorists is very, very, very small. That's not to reduce the importance of the few who have died, but as it's being said a lot lately, if you live in America, you're more likely to die by the hand of a toddler than the hand of an Islamic terrorist. Muslims immigrating to America have WAY more reason to fear us than we do to fear them. 

3 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

And, once again, a grand total of zero Americans have died in terror attacks by people from those countries. And the amount of Americans total who have died in terror attacks by radical Islamic terrorists is very, very, very small. That's not to reduce the importance of the few who have died, but as it's being said a lot lately, if you live in America, you're more likely to die by the hand of a toddler than the hand of an Islamic terrorist. Muslims immigrating to America have WAY more reason to fear us than we do to fear them. 

Yep. Americans kill a lot more Americans than immigrants do but no one's really working on that issue.

21 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yep. Americans kill a lot more Americans than immigrants do but no one's really working on that issue.

Yup. And a fraction of a percent of people die on their way to work every day because of traveling in cars. People die from getting allergies/food poisoning to foods in restaurants, toddlers kill their family members with guns once per week, and many more ridiculous things and we aren't banning cars, restaurants and babies... Silly example but it gets the point across. 

I'm confused by this whole thing. If it was truly "America's safety" he was worried about then at the very least Saudi Arabia and Pakistan should have been on the list. If it was a "ban on Muslims" then why just those countries? It leaves out many larger Muslim countries.

4 minutes ago, assman said:

I'm confused by this whole thing. If it was truly "America's safety" he was worried about then at the very least Saudi Arabia and Pakistan should have been on the list. If it was a "ban on Muslims" then why just those countries? It leaves out many larger Muslim countries.

He just happens to do business in those countries, and he started up 8 new businesses in Saudia Arabia during the campaign, alone.

Nope, no Hillary Clinton style corruption, nothing to see here, folks! He's definitely drained the swamp and is "different than regular politicians."

Banning harmless Muslims from entering America is just beyond stupid. Trump's at war with practically everyone: Muslims, everyone south of the border (because not all illegals are from Mexico), Native Americans, environmentalists, women, athiests, protesters, and reality. Am I missing anything?

This man is unfit to be president.

2 hours ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Trump's at war with practically everyone: Muslims, everyone south of the border (because not all illegals are from Mexico), Native Americans, environmentalists, women, athiests, protesters, and reality. Am I missing anything?

I would put spray tans on that list as well. It looks like he's been in a fight with a spray tan for years: and has been losing.

Hahaha, sorry, I don't normally like looks-based attacks and try to stick to policy, but the Mango Mussolini just brings it out of me.