Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

WWE Royal Rumble

95 posts in this topic

Eh I'm okay with this.

WM Main Event will probably be Goldberg/Lesnar, or whatever Cena ends up doing which is actually a little unclear now, since I assume the plan is to put the belt on Wyatt at the Chamber.

Otherwise the main event is Cena v. Orton Part 1067, which I actually don't hate because it's been a while since the last one and it would actually be the first time they did it at Mania if I'm not mistaken.

4 minutes ago, Omar said:

So who's gonna actually headline WM?

WWE champion Bray Wyatt retaining over Randy Orton (probably due to Luke Harper's help).

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Eh I'm okay with this.

WM Main Event will probably be Goldberg/Lesnar, or whatever Cena ends up doing which is actually a little unclear now, since I assume the plan is to put the belt on Wyatt at the Chamber.

Otherwise the main event is Cena v. Orton Part 1067, which I actually don't hate because it's been a while since the last one and it would actually be the first time they did it at Mania if I'm not mistaken.

The plan isn't for Cena to be champ heading into Mania.

man, imagine how much cooler tonight would've been with Joe & Omega smh

1 minute ago, Nixon said:

WWE champion Bray Wyatt retaining over Randy Orton (probably due to Luke Harper's help).

Ha! 

But really though, if this whole stroyline of Randy Orton infiltrating the Wyatts and tearing them apart from the inside ends with Bray winning with the help of Luke... that'd actually be the most WWE thing ever. 

Not a shot in hell of that headlining, though. 

Seriously, that Roman Reigns shit, though. Last time I ever make the stupid mistake of expecting a Royal Rumble to not end with me in a pissy mood. Fool me once, shame on you. But teach a man to fool me, and I'll be fooled for the rest of my life. 

Yeah Wyatt-Orton ain't headlining. As it stands now Cena doesn't have a dance partner (though I'm willing to bet it'll end up being the Miz or Ambrose) and as of right now we have Cena vs Orton. That is terrifying. I will be rooting for Bray like never before at the Elimination Chamber.

My guess is that Reigns vs Taker headlines. They'll give Reigns a re-match again vs Owens and he will defend vs Taker. 

1 minute ago, Ruiner said:

Seriously, that Roman Reigns shit, though. Last time I ever make the stupid mistake of expecting a Royal Rumble to not end with me in a pissy mood. Fool me once, shame on you. But teach a man to fool me, and I'll be fooled for the rest of my life. 

I mean, putting him at 30 was a little dicky when they probably could have put Taker in that spot instead, but Roman had to be in the Rumble for the end to work as well as it did.

2 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

I think it's abundantly clear now that Vince shoves Reigns down people throats purposely and doesn't mind the heat he gets from smarks. That was an ultamite troll job tonight. 

Just now, Nixon said:

Here's what is weird about Taker/Reigns: Strowman.

Yeah this leaves Strowman without a dance partner all of the sudden. Wouldn't be shocked if they do an interpromotional match between he and Corbin. I like Strowman way more so I'll be pulling for him. 

1 minute ago, Omar said:

Yeah Wyatt-Orton ain't headlining. As it stands now Cena doesn't have a dance partner (though I'm willing to bet it'll end up being the Miz or Ambrose) and as of right now we have Cena vs Orton. That is terrifying. I will be rooting for Bray like never before at the Elimination Chamber.

My guess is that Reigns vs Taker headlines. They'll give Reigns a re-match again vs Owens and he will defend vs Taker. 

Taker/Reigns doesn't make any sense after Strowman interfered in his match tonight though. Especially after the ridiculous amount of time spent building Strowman up in the Rumble.

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I mean, putting him at 30 was a little dicky when they probably could have put Taker in that spot instead, but Roman had to be in the Rumble for the end to work as well as it did.

I mean, how well did it work? The fans didn't turn on it, which is something, but Orton's over enough that I don't imagine he would've gotten booed if Roman wasn't in that spot. That was nothing short of an intentional troll of the fans to give them the Samoan Joe that they hate, wasn't announced for the match, and was destroyed in a No DQ match earlier in the night instead of the beloved one who was widely speculated to be making his big debut.

1 minute ago, Ruiner said:

Taker/Reigns doesn't make any sense after Strowman interfered in his match tonight though. Especially after the ridiculous amount of time spent building Strowman up in the Rumble.

I mean, how well did it work? The fans didn't turn on it, which is something, but Orton's over enough that I don't imagine he would've gotten booed if Roman wasn't in that spot. That was nothing short of an intentional troll of the fans to give them the Samoan Joe that they hate, wasn't announced for the match, and was destroyed in a No DQ match earlier in the night instead of the beloved one who was widely speculated to be making his big debut.

On the other hand Taker vs Reigns HAS to happen after Reigns pulled a Maven on the Undertaker. Reigns will probably squash the Strowman beef real quick and move on to Taker.

Yea but Meltzer said it was Bray/Orton & Taker/Reigns at Mania. Doubt he's wrong. Just weird to have Strowman interfere and do nothing with it. 

3 minutes ago, Omar said:

I think it's abundantly clear now that Vince shoves Reigns down people throats purposely and doesn't mind the heat he gets from smarks. That was an ultamite troll job tonight. 

Nah he was absolutely aware of the heat.  Granted I think the WWE doesn't understand how badly the fans want to go nuts for the last guy in, so they swung and missed there, but they actively used Roman's heat for their own gains tonight.  Think about it.  

Randy Orton is over but he's also been around a while and he's not red hot by any means.  A lot of fans would have shrugged and gone "Oh well" at best or "Not this guy again!" at worst for 90% of scenarios where Orton wins.  Is Orton the most popular man left in the ring in any of these scenarios?

• v. Undertaker
  • v. Jericho
  • v. Wyatt

He's not.  MAYBE he is against Bray, but Bray is a fresher face and may have gotten the smark crowd really excited, not to mention the WWE probably doesn't want to start their implosion yet.

By leaving Orton alone with Roman The Heat Machine, they made everyone in the building want to CHEER for Orton, not just shrug out of indifference.  It was absolutely the best plan to give the fans a happy ending while still getting to stick to their guns on an Orton win.  A rare very intelligent booking maneuver from Vince.

Just now, Nixon said:

Actually, Braun will keep Reigns busy while Taker is off tv between Mania I guess.

Yeah this.  Then Braun probably gets some half-significant midcard win at Mania, or cruises to an Andre Battle Royale win.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Nah he was absolutely aware of the heat.  Granted I think the WWE doesn't understand how badly the fans want to go nuts for the last guy in, so they swung and missed there, but they actively used Roman's heat for their own gains tonight.  Think about it.  

Randy Orton is over but he's also been around a while and he's not red hot by any means.  A lot of fans would have shrugged and gone "Oh well" at best or "Not this guy again!" at worst for 90% of scenarios where Orton wins.  Is Orton the most popular man left in the ring in any of these scenarios?

• v. Undertaker
  • v. Jericho
  • v. Wyatt

He's not.  MAYBE he is against Bray, but Bray is a fresher face and may have gotten the smark crowd really excited, not to mention the WWE probably doesn't want to start their implosion yet.

By leaving Orton alone with Roman The Heat Machine, they made everyone in the building want to CHEER for Orton, not just shrug out of indifference.  It was absolutely the best plan to give the fans a happy ending while still getting to stick to their guns on an Orton win.  A rare very intelligent booking maneuver from Vince.

Or really, they could've just had Bray win (assuming that's the match) like they absolutely should've if this was the plan anyway.

Also for the Roman haters, keep in mind that a feud with Taker almost ensures that he'll at least be acting the heel toward Mania, and may stay that way afterward.  Taker has permanent face status.

I bet now Joe is Cena's opponent. Which, I mean, he's much more needed on Raw, but whatevs. He costs Cena the Chamber. Only reason I can think of why he didn't show tonight, and one of very few logical Cena opponents that aren't taken (assuming Reigns/Taker is the direction).

3 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

I bet now Joe is Cena's opponent. Which, I mean, he's much more needed on Raw, but whatevs. He costs Cena the Chamber. Only reason I can think of why he didn't show tonight, and one of very few logical Cena opponents that aren't taken (assuming Reigns/Taker is the direction).

Is there any proof Joe is gonna be a part of WM other than wishful thinking? Has Meltzer has something? Because all this talk about Joe is only gonna set me up for disappointment.