Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

Incubus is making an album

25 posts in this topic

I'm intrigued by them deliberately pointing out that it's not mellow. I'm wondering if that means it'll be heavier or what that actually signifies besides an implied distance from their last album. I loved two out of four songs on their last EP so I'm hoping it's more a continuation down that route.

7 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

What about Trust Fall (Side B)? Is that just never coming out?

Well I assume that this new album is the result of that. When they were working on Side B they were talking about promoting it to a full blown album and now here we are.

• Besides "Nimble Bastard," the songs are vintage Incubus and show tremendous range.  There are rockers, ballads, groovers, and even a 7thsong not listed in our program described as a "mustache sniffer" (Brandon's term for a song that makes you pucker your lips and nod your head to the beat.  Hilarious.  But accurate.)
  • One song was described as the "Sexiest Incubus Song Ever."
  • Another song was collaboration with Skrillex.  The band explained it as a song they didn’t even consider.  While Incubus worked on other songs, Skrillex took that one into a studio, tinkered with it, and presented it to the band.  They really liked what he came up with.
  • The musicality on all fronts is amazing, especially Jose Pasillas' drumming, creating a pocket you can't help but groove too.
  • Titles of other songs we heard: Loneliest; State Of The Art; Undefeated; Familiar Faces; Glitter-Bomb

Great tune, love that chorus. I'm sure there'll be some whiners because it's not SCIENCE or whatever but this is about as good an Incubus song as I could have asked for in 2017

I'm quite happy with it. Sure it's not something that sounds like it's from S.C.I.E.N.C.E., but it is one of the more heavier tracks I've heard from them in quite awhile. I have no complaints at all!

I gotta say, I'm really disappointed. Sure there are distorted guitars, but that might as well be a Green Day chorus. And while this will hurt AI's heart, I am far from a Green Day fan. I like the vibe of the verses quite a bit, but the chorus just sounds like a pop-punk song.

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

I gotta say, I'm really disappointed. Sure there are distorted guitars, but that might as well be a Green Day chorus. And while this will hurt AI's heart, I am far from a Green Day fan. I like the vibe of the verses quite a bit, but the chorus just sounds like a pop-punk song.

I guess, but to me it sounds pretty much just like Incubus. In fact, it sounds like it could have come off of A Crow Left Of The Murder. Pistola comes to mind. I really like it.

17 minutes ago, pen said:

I guess, but to me it sounds pretty much just like Incubus. In fact, it sounds like it could have come off of A Crow Left Of The Murder. Pistola comes to mind. I really like it.

The production sounds a lot like an updated Crow, but the chord choices were much more adventurous in the choruses of every song on that album compared to the chorus of this song that's the Blink/Green Day/New Found Glory/Sum 41/SR-71 pop-punk progression.

10 hours ago, Jamie said:

The production sounds a lot like an updated Crow, but the chord choices were much more adventurous in the choruses of every song on that album compared to the chorus of this song that's the Blink/Green Day/New Found Glory/Sum 41/SR-71 pop-punk progression.

Ugh. No offense,  but this is why I'm glad I don't have an ear for these things.

23 hours ago, Jamie said:

That's why we all have different opinions, which makes the world a more interesting place :)

Since the last video was blocked, here is the official lyric video:

Not sure how I feel about it.  Might need to let this one ferment...

https://open.spotify.com/embed/album/5puf2NdRiZhWbrGinKp5c4

Presenting "Glitterbomb". I'm officially excited for an Incubus album again.

Also, here's the details on 8.

Incubus - 8

01. “No Fun”
02. “Nimble Bastard”
03. “State Of The Art”
04. “Glitterbomb”
05. “Undefeated”
06. “Loneliest”
07. “When I Became A Man”
08. “Familiar Faces” (ft. Skrillex)
09. “Love In A Time Of Surveilance”
10. “Make No Sound In The Digital Forest”
11. “Throw Out The Map”

Co-produced by Dave Sardy and Skrillex, mixed by Skrillex.

http://www.theprp.com/2017/03/16/news/incubus-premiere-new-song-glitterbomb-detail-new-album-8/

"State of the Art" is up on streaming sites and it's pretty darn good, too. Really excited for this album.

I am loving how all released songs are very different from one another to show how they're capable of a variety of sounds. I don't know how accurate this is, but "State of the Art" reminded me of Jimmy Eat World.