Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

NFL Championship Round

57 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mike said:

1. I just like the guy. He's always on the sidelines near the end of games. He just seems like a good owner that cares about his team. And I appreciate how he's not afraid to make a fool of himself by dancing. If you want to talk about huge rich tool, look no further than future Patriots owner Jonathan Kraft.

2. The guy was the defensive coordinator for the Seahawks and now in his second year on the job he took the Falcons to the Super Bowl. He's been a coach in three of the last four Super Bowls. I think that makes him great.

3. Man this just goes to show you how spoiled Pats fans are that you need a storyline and a villain in order to get hyped up about your team in the Super Bowl cause it's no big deal at this point. I'd kill for my team to be in the Super Bowl and plenty of other fans feel the same way.

I'm leaning towards picking the Falcons but it's so tough to pick against the Patriots. They're just so much smarter than everyone else. They'll discover some weakness in Atlanta that no one even knew they had. It was amazing how they totally shut down Pittsburgh's high powered offense. Even if Le'veon Bell wasn't doing his best LT impression on the sidelines in a big playoff game, the Patriots still would've won that game with the way they played.

1. The being on the sidelines is what annoys me about him. Why would people hate Jerry Jones for it but not Blank?

2. Meh, the Jags just fired their head coach who was also a defensive coordinator for the Seahawks and at least he made marginal improvements on their defense. As a defensive coach he needs to make that Falcons defense much better than they are. They were carried by the offense.

3. Not only are the fans spoiled, find a clip on YouTube of the trophy ceremony last night with the AFC championship. Kraft tries to hand back the trophy to Jim Nantz and Nantz is like WTF? So he tries to hand it off to Belichick and Belichick has a "I don't want that crap" face. They wanted nothing to do with the trophy haha. Not Gatorade shower or anything like that, all business. 

I'm sure the majority of the team is excited for it though. I heard on the broadcast last night that 30 out of the 52 members of the team were not in the 2014-2015 Super Bowl team. That much turnaround in 2 seasons is another example of how great Belichick is. 

28 minutes ago, Omar said:

Not only are the fans spoiled, find a clip on YouTube of the trophy ceremony last night with the AFC championship. Kraft tries to hand back the trophy to Jim Nantz and Nantz is like WTF? So he tries to hand it off to Belichick and Belichick has a "I don't want that crap" face. They wanted nothing to do with the trophy haha. Not Gatorade shower or anything like that, all business. 

That doesn't mean they're spoiled, it's just they have a win it all or bust attitude. The Red Sox have the same mentality and I personally don't give a shit if they win the American League championship. It's World Series or bust for me as well. Crappy teams like the Bengals are just happy to make the playoffs. Teams like the Patriots want a Super Bowl and if not the whole season was a waste. I like that approach.

Another fun nugget of info from the game last night, a reporter broke the news to Belichick after the game that the Falcons won. He wasn't even aware. Totally focused on the task at hand which was the Steelers. 

Omar, you owe Arthur Blank an apology...

Sporting News: "Owner Arthur Blank is paying the way for every employee in the Falcons organization to go to Super Bowl 51. By SB Nations’s count, the Falcons employ at least 269 non-football and non-executive workers. Considering airfare, hotels and tickets, that tab will add up quickly, but Blank, the founder of Home Depot who has an estimated net worth of about $3 billion, has that kind of cash to spare."

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Omar, you owe Arthur Blank an apology...

Sporting News: "Owner Arthur Blank is paying the way for every employee in the Falcons organization to go to Super Bowl 51. By SB Nations’s count, the Falcons employ at least 269 non-football and non-executive workers. Considering airfare, hotels and tickets, that tab will add up quickly, but Blank, the founder of Home Depot who has an estimated net worth of about $3 billion, has that kind of cash to spare."

Ok, that is pretty cool...