Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

NFL Championship Round

57 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Vigo said:

I'm going to go ahead and pick the Falcons to win the Super Bowl.

I did this during regular season. Most complete football team the entire season.

Damn... Falcons.

As a Patriots fan, even if we get the SB I am not confident we can beat them. They're playing really well. 

41 minutes ago, Vigo said:

I'm going to go ahead and pick the Falcons to win the Super Bowl.

Can Matt Ryan be considered "elite" now? And let's remember that Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl, so we're talking about a guy who's statistically phenomenal who just came up huge in a BIG game to get his team that lacks an above average defense all the way to the super bowl.

1 minute ago, Jamie said:

his team that lacks an above average defense

The defense isn't that bad. They showed some stats last week during the Seattle game that shows the Falcons defense has been much improved since their bye week. And they did just fine against the Packers offense.

With Bell out, things aren't looking good for the Steelers.

Also, Jim Nantz is so vanilla. He must be the most boring person to listen to in all of football. He should stick to golf. 

1 hour ago, Nixon said:

I did this during regular season. Most complete football team the entire season.

I don't watch highlight shows anymore, and last week was literally the first time I'd seen the Falcons in action this year. They are certainly impressive.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

The defense isn't that bad. They showed some stats last week during the Seattle game that shows the Falcons defense has been much improved since their bye week. And they did just fine against the Packers offense.

I didn't call them that bad. I just called them not above average. In order for an average defense to get to the Super Bowl,  they have to play well relative to their standards against some top-level competition which they have, and their offense has to play extremely well, which they also have.

14 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Jim Nantz is so vanilla. He must be the most boring person to listen to in all of football. He should stick to golf. 

Yes this announce team is very boring. I wish NBC and ESPN did every game.

2 hours ago, Nixon said:

Juggs 

who we always accused of being a bandwagon Packers fan

Well the Lions are kinda good now so he's gotta stick to his guns a bit.

Oh yeah I forgot he also liked the Lions. Weird liking two teams in the same division. That'd be like if my second favorite baseball team was the Yankees. It would make no sense.

10 minutes ago, Omar said:

I sooooo want Goodell to hand Brady that trophy. 

That'd be so fregen satisfying. Oh man.

This is going to be an awesome Super Bowl. If the Pats win, the legend of Brady and Belichick gets even greater and Brady gets to stick it to Goodell who has been ducking him all playoffs. If the Falcons win, Matty Ice, awesome Arthur Blank, the great coach Dan Quinn and the highly underrated Falcons team gets a ring. Whatever result happens I'm happy with.

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

This is going to be an awesome Super Bowl. If the Pats win, the legend of Brady and Belichick gets even greater and Brady gets to stick it to Goodell who has been ducking him all playoffs. If the Falcons win, Matty Ice, awesome Arthur Blank, the great coach Dan Quinn and the highly underrated Falcons team gets a ring. Whatever result happens I'm happy with.

I have no problems whatsoever with the Falcons, I had then 2nd in the "Who I am rooting for" rankings for these playoffs but where are you getting the "awesome" Arthur Blank and "great" Dan Quinn from? 

Blank seems like huge rich tool, not unlike Jerrah Jones. And Quinn is a defensive coach who got carried by his "great" offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan? 

I will admit, I already feel like I'm having a hard time getting THAT excited for the Super Bowl. I need to hate a team to really really root against them, and I got nothing on the Falcons. I'm sure someone will say something dumb in these two weeks that'll work me up. But right now it's Patriots vs Goodell for me. 

I expect the Pats to win it all since defense wins championships. Hoping the Falcons can prove me wrong, though. I like Matty Ice.

This is #1 scoring offense vs the #1 scoring defense. 

Last time this happened was the Seattle/Denver SB. The defense usually wins these types of games. 

Yeah - for the first time in a long time I can say that the Patriots are probably the better defense going into a SB. Feels pretty good.

Still not confident about it, but it's nice. Better than the feeling of the 09,10,11 and 12 defenses.

Considering how banged up the Seahawks were, perhaps the 2014 Pats defense was pretty even with them. That defense is massively underrated, fantastic star power and depth. 

13 hours ago, Omar said:

1. Blank seems like huge rich tool

2. And Quinn is a defensive coach who got carried by his "great" offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan? 

3. I will admit, I already feel like I'm having a hard time getting THAT excited for the Super Bowl.

1. I just like the guy. He's always on the sidelines near the end of games. He just seems like a good owner that cares about his team. And I appreciate how he's not afraid to make a fool of himself by dancing. If you want to talk about huge rich tool, look no further than future Patriots owner Jonathan Kraft.

2. The guy was the defensive coordinator for the Seahawks and now in his second year on the job he took the Falcons to the Super Bowl. He's been a coach in three of the last four Super Bowls. I think that makes him great.

3. Man this just goes to show you how spoiled Pats fans are that you need a storyline and a villain in order to get hyped up about your team in the Super Bowl cause it's no big deal at this point. I'd kill for my team to be in the Super Bowl and plenty of other fans feel the same way.

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think Brady gets his fifth ring and solidifies his place as the greatest QB of all time. 

I'm leaning towards picking the Falcons but it's so tough to pick against the Patriots. They're just so much smarter than everyone else. They'll discover some weakness in Atlanta that no one even knew they had. It was amazing how they totally shut down Pittsburgh's high powered offense. Even if Le'veon Bell wasn't doing his best LT impression on the sidelines in a big playoff game, the Patriots still would've won that game with the way they played.