Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

NFL Championship Round

57 posts in this topic

New England and Green Bay are my picks. Pittsburgh and Atlanta will be who I root for. So in each game, I'll either be happy or right, but not both. ;)

Not confident at all either in my picks but I'll go with: Patriots and Falcons.

Im banking on Brady still being able to whoop on Tomlin's defense and was recently swayed to the Falcons because the WR situation for the Packers looks extremely dire. That and I don't think the Falcons defense is nearly as bad as the media is making them out to be. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I like how there's all elite QBs for these final four teams. There's no people like Joe Flacco in here that are out of place with the big boys.

I would agree with this, but Joe Flacco has played pretty well in the playoffs. It hasn't just been wins; he's made plays that have played a big role in his team having success in the postseason. But his career résumé in the regular season is woefully inconsistent, it's very true. A very similar career résumé to Eli's relative to how long they've each been in the league.

39 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I would agree with this, but Joe Flacco has played pretty well in the playoffs. It hasn't just been wins; he's made plays that have played a big role in his team having success in the postseason. But his career résumé in the regular season is woefully inconsistent, it's very true. A very similar career résumé to Eli's relative to how long they've each been in the league.

Oh yeah not matter how shitty Eli or Flacco might play in the regular season I don't think anyone can ever be confident going against them in a playoff game. Both are terrifying. 

9 hours ago, Mike said:

I like how there's all elite QBs for these final four teams. There's no people like Joe Flacco in here that are out of place with the big boys.

Elite Matt Ryan who is 2-4 in the playoffs and has zero Super Bowl rings and zero Super Bowl MVP awards? 

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

Elite Matt Ryan who is 2-4 in the playoffs and has zero Super Bowl rings and zero Super Bowl MVP awards? 

But he is having an elite season. He is absolutely who you'd wanna see competing for a chance to ascend to that level on a career résumé based on what he's accomplished this year. That's the drama of it...he's got his best chance he's had since 2012 to go from very good QB to great QB, and based on how good he's been generally in the regular season, the question is whether his career will go down more like Tony Romo's or more like Drew Brees's.

12 hours ago, Vigo said:

He's still been one of the best QBs since he's been in the league. I'd rather see him in the playoffs than someone like Eli who has been mediocre for his entire career with the exception of the final month of the season on two separate occasions.

19 hours ago, Jamie said:

But he is having an elite season. He is absolutely who you'd wanna see competing for a chance to ascend to that level on a career résumé based on what he's accomplished this year. That's the drama of it...he's got his best chance he's had since 2012 to go from very good QB to great QB, and based on how good he's been generally in the regular season, the question is whether his career will go down more like Tony Romo's or more like Drew Brees's.

He is having a great season and could be the MVP this year, but at this point Matt Ryan is the one statistically out of place, whereas Flacco would fit in quite well. The inverse of his take.

38 minutes ago, Vigo said:

He is having a great season and could be the MVP this year, but at this point Matt Ryan is the one statistically out of place, whereas Flacco would fit in quite well. The inverse of his take.

Yea I don't care about his past playoff record, Ryan has played out of his mind this year. And he's getting his ring this season

Falcons/Patriots

I'd say the Steelers just because of Ben, Brown, and Bell, but they played poorly last week and haven't been consistent all year. But then again, the Pats looked pretty crappy last week too, so who knows.

I'll say Steelers and Falcons.

All week long I've had to explain myself when I tell people I'm picking Pittsburgh. Like I'm committing a mortal sin. People around where I am take personal offense to it if you don't pick the Patriots to win. Nothing is more annoying than when sports fans pick their team to go 19-0 every year. Patriots fans don't understand that if you think your team is going to lose and you pick against them, it doesn't mean you're not rooting for them to win.

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

Pats fans pulled the fire alarm in the Steelers' hotel at 3am. Despite having a getaway car ready, the guy was still caught and arrested.

If it happened in Foxborough, the police chief would've put the fan in witness protection until the situation died down and then he would've been released.

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

This Falcons team is winning the Super Bowl.

Who is David McDonald?

Juggs 

who we always accused of being a bandwagon Packers fan

10 minutes ago, Nixon said:

Juggs 

who we always accused of being a bandwagon Packers fan

Oh. Lol. I was googling the name thinking it was an ex-NFL player or musician or someone.

Bandwagon fans are the worst people in the world. They're slightly below nazis.