Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jamie

NFL Wild Card Round (2016 season)

58 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Omar said:

I don't really get that commercial. I'd wager a huge percentage of football fans watch games in their mancaves. Why insult them?

I imagine the producers of the commercial have no spare time whatsoever because they have kids so they wanted to make a commercial insulting the people that they're jealous of who get to enjoy games in peace while they're stuck watching little portions of a game on their phone while they're chasing their kids around the house.

And there goes my perfect picks for the playoffs. 6-1 now. I didn't like what the Cowboys did when they had the ball last. They had a timeout and there was plenty of time on the clock but they wasted a down by spiking it and then 3rd and 3 instead of using Zeke who gets 5 yards a carry they passed the ball.

That was a great game, though. There is not a player in football I'd want leading my team at the end of the game more than Aaron Rodgers and that includes Tom Brady. It's amazing the stuff he can pull out of his ass at the end of a game. Prescott looked totally cool out there tonight in his first playoff game. He's definitely the future. Gotta get rid of Romo. Next week should be a fun, high scoring NFC Championship game.

Well done by the Packers. Dak and Zeke will learn to win playoff games. Right now, I'm more excited for the NFC game, even if I won't see it due to my concert road trip upstate.

Simply what happens when you have a young guy leading a team in playoffs. There are reasons why 0 rookie QBs have won a Super Bowl, veterans make throws that Rodgers does - rookies make mistakes that Dak made on the final drive. That's okay though, Dak is a smart guy and he'll have better awareness in the future (JG on the other hand, I don't know)

I like Dak's mentality and poise in high pressure situations, it's what is separating him from other rookies in the league (Wentz being one of them). My only issue with Dak, and it has been my issue with him all season, is his inconsistent arm strength. At times, it's due to his mechanics and other times he simply doesn't put enough zip on the ball. Down in the red zone, there are tight window throws that need to be made, and couple of his passes were knocked away due to the lack of zip. I don't want him to always need WRs to have a step or two on corners/safeties/LBs to complete a pass.

But other than that, I wasn't too emotional after the game. Young team with a lot of potential, though this defense will need a ton of work in the offseason. Byron Jones can go fuck himself. :(

Travis Kelce sounded like an idiot talking after the game. That play was clearly a hold. If the Chiefs player wasn't holding him like that then the two point conversion wouldn't have even happened because Smith would've been sacked.

Dak did anything anyone could have ever asked of them. No way their loss had much at all to do with him. Good scapegoat, though.