Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

OMG Happy Thanksgiving

22 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Ruiner said:

NO

Even though I am a fan of the coziness of snow, Christmas movies, Christmas music and the good holiday cheer, I tend to find most holidays dreadful because it's chaotic at work, there's traffic everywhere, I have to buy a million things because my mother and sister still want to have these big gift giving holidays and the actual Christmas day is the most boring day of the year. But I disagree with you here. Thanksgiving is the best holiday. Compared to Christmas with my mom's side of the family, sometimes I have to travel, hoops on TV and regular food I can have anytime, Thanksgiving is with my much more enjoyable dad's side of the family, I stayed at home, football on TV and delicious turkey dinner. It's a glorious holiday.

4 hours ago, Omar said:

Get the sweatpants ready baby. It's ham time!

Ham! Why are you having boring ham instead of turkey?

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

Even though I am a fan of the coziness of snow, Christmas movies, Christmas music and the good holiday cheer, I tend to find most holidays dreadful because it's chaotic at work, there's traffic everywhere, I have to buy a million things because my mother and sister still want to have these big gift giving holidays and the actual Christmas day is the most boring day of the year. But I disagree with you here. Thanksgiving is the best holiday. Compared to Christmas with my mom's side of the family, sometimes I have to travel, hoops on TV and regular food I can have anytime, Thanksgiving is with my much more enjoyable dad's side of the family, I stayed at home, football on TV and delicious turkey dinner. It's a glorious holiday.

Ham! Why are you having boring ham instead of turkey?

I'm a ham guy. I like me some turkey but given the choice between the two I'll go ham all day long. With that said I just had the most juicy delicious turkey ever today, while the ham was pretty dry and tasteless. So turkey won the day. 

I went out on Black Friday to buy my mom a microwave that she wanted. Target opened at 1 am and no way was I going there at that time. I got there before 5, looked where they sold it and freaked out because I didnt see any left. Asked a sales person if they had any more and he led me to a whole stack of them. Whew, I was relieved. Wouldnt do it again though. Mostly women as I expected but was surprised to see a good amount of families with kids and teenagers just mulling around. Weirdos to bring your kids this early for that but thankfully the store wasnt too too crowded.

18 minutes ago, pen said:

Let's get real here, turkey actually sucks but we all only eat it as tradition. That said, we had a smoked turkey this year that was delectable with gravy.

I totally disagree. I love turkey and have it a few times throughout the year. Chicken on the other hand, possibly the most overrated food out there. Chicken that isn't good for you like nuggets, chicken parm or KFC is good but just a regular piece of chicken is incredibly dry and terrible.

48 minutes ago, Omar said:

Chicken is actually my favorite meat. I'll always take it over steak or beef in a quesadilla, burger, etc

I do like chicken in a quesadilla. As long as chicken is mixed with something else I can very much enjoy it. It's just a plain piece of chicken is bad to me...almost as bad as pork chops.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I totally disagree. I love turkey and have it a few times throughout the year. Chicken on the other hand, possibly the most overrated food out there. Chicken that isn't good for you like nuggets, chicken parm or KFC is good but just a regular piece of chicken is incredibly dry and terrible.

I think you have chicken confused with turkey, which requires gravy to be edible. Chicken, if made right, is moist and delicious. 

1 hour ago, pen said:

I think you have chicken confused with turkey, which requires gravy to be edible. Chicken, if made right, is moist and delicious. 

Dark meat turkey is moist and delicious. The lighter turkey definitely needs gravy and sides to be better. I wouldn't just eat a piece of turkey with nothing else.