Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

MLB Postseason 2016

265 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I have no idea why people waste money buying pre-championship merchandise. No one is going to wear an NLDS winner shirt if their team eventually wins the World Series. 

Cause it doesn't say anything about NLDS. It just says Postseason. A shirt like this could be worn next year too. 

One trend I'm seeing in this postseason that I really like is managers using their best relievers in crucial situations, not just saving them for the ninth because they're the closer. It's much more important to use your best reliever with runners on in the 8th up by one than waiting till the ninth when you're up by three.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

One trend I'm seeing in this postseason that I really like is managers using their best relievers in crucial situations, not just saving them for the ninth because they're the closer. It's much more important to use your best reliever with runners on in the 8th up by one than waiting till the ninth when you're up by three.

And using starters in the 9th like Kershaw. What a series.

I want the Indians to win it all now. Andrew Miller is one of my favorite players and I would love to see him dominate on the biggest stage.

Fuck it, I'm rooting Cubs now. I want to see a Chapman vs. Miller World Series.

Speaking of Miller, the dude is on fire. 7.2 IP, 17 Ks in the postseason. I'm starting to think the Yankees didn't get enough in return for him.