Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

MLB Postseason 2016

265 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

I wonder what sports teams actually do with these belts WWE gives them when they win a championship. Do they, like, display it in their clubhouse or the stadium? Or do they just throw it in a pile with every other irrelevant gift sent to them? Do they really appreciate the wrestling championship belt or do they think it's goofy? 

o9tOt5.jpg

Ahhhhh, memories.

Speaking of belts, I'm in the process of purchasing a home and will be buying a full sized belt for my man cave. I'll be buying it on Black Friday as I'm sure they'll have a coupon or something. Any suggestions? 

Just now, Omar said:

Speaking of belts, I'm in the process of purchasing a home and will be buying a full sized belt for my man cave. I'll be buying it on Black Friday as I'm sure they'll have a coupon or something. Any suggestions? 

Will you be buying a regular replica or are you going to get a custom design like a Pats logo or something?

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Will you be buying a regular replica or are you going to get a custom design like a Pats logo or something?

Nah, straight from WWEshop, just wondering what your favorite belt designs were. Seems like they have all of them, even the Smoking Skull. I actually really the new one but the huge WWE logo make it feel kinda overdone. Plus it's more expensive. I'm leaning either Big gold or undisputed title from the 2002-2006 era. 

3 minutes ago, Omar said:

I'm leaning either Big gold or undisputed title from the 2002-2006 era. 

If you just want a nice looking belt and don't care about the time period it was used in, you can't go wrong with the beautiful undisputed title that sadly got its life cut short thanks to John Cena.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

If it's a regular belt, you should get the title that was used during the best product that WWE ever produced...

wweworld2.png

I'm strongly considering this one and would 100% get it if it came with the WWF logo. But I'm guessing they don't make them like that. 

2 minutes ago, Omar said:

I'm strongly considering this one and would 100% get it if it came with the WWF logo. But I'm guessing they don't make them like that. 

I actually owned the Undisputed title for a while and if was fucking awesome. My friend and I used it in our backyard wrestling YouTube videos. So I obviously recommend that one, but it is my favorite WWE belt design too so I'm biased. 

1 minute ago, Ruiner said:

I actually owned the Undisputed title for a while and if was fucking awesome. My friend and I used it in our backyard wrestling YouTube videos. So I obviously recommend that one, but it is my favorite WWE belt design too so I'm biased. 

Used to? Did you get rid of it? Im pondering whether to just buy a used one and clean it up. I'd probably be able to get two for the price of one if I go that route. 

3 minutes ago, Omar said:

Used to? Did you get rid of it? Im pondering whether to just buy a used one and clean it up. I'd probably be able to get two for the price of one if I go that route. 

Yeah I sold it to get the PS4 back when it came out. I'm sure there's plenty on the resell market though. 

1 hour ago, chicago_animal said:

CM Punk is part of the TV hosts for the parade and hrs rocking the shit out of it! He needs to stop MMA and look into broadcasting. 

I think the whole MMA thing is just a gateway into broadcasting anyway. 

There are so many fascinating stories that have come out since the Cubs won. My favorite was a guy listening to the game on the radio sitting at his father's grave. I heard another about a 108-year-old woman who was a Cubs fan who was a born a few months before the Cubs last World Series win. She had family with her in the nursing home watching game 7 with her. And another I just heard about a Cubs fans who was on hospice care and he heard the Cubs win on the TV three hours before he died. 

On Sunday, November 06, 2016 at 8:13 AM, Mike said:

There are so many fascinating stories that have come out since the Cubs won. My favorite was a guy listening to the game on the radio sitting at his father's grave. I heard another about a 108-year-old woman who was a Cubs fan who was a born a few months before the Cubs last World Series win. She had family with her in the nursing home watching game 7 with her. And another I just heard about a Cubs fans who was on hospice care and he heard the Cubs win on the TV three hours before he died. 

People wonder why fans are crying that they won. It really hit me during the parade and they mentioned a few past names, who were retired but still loved the Cubs throughout the years, who died and didn't see it. We think about loved ones who didn't get to see this.