Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

MLB Postseason 2016

265 posts in this topic

Officially going with Toronto and San Francisco. I'm pretty confident in my SF pick, not too confident in my TOR pick. I'll give them the slight edge in starting pitching but both guys could be out early and when it comes down to bullpen the Orioles have a huge advantage. I like Toronto's offense more and they're home with that great crowd. It could go either way but I'll go with Toronto.

Jessica Mendoza is so bad on commentary. I turned on the game near the end and after about ten minutes she finally spoke. I hadn't even realized she was doing commentary until she finally said something. She says like one line a inning. Brilliant move by ESPN to get her though. No one will ever criticize her no matter how terrible she is and ESPN gets loads of goodwill for giving her the job.

EDIT: And it's not just her, either. ESPN has horrible baseball coverage. Ever since the unjust firing of the great Harold Reynolds, ESPN's baseball coverage has gotten worse and worse. MLB Network needs to trade the dreadful Eric Byrnes (who would fit in with all the other hacks on ESPN) for John Kruk. That way all the good analysts will be on MLB Network and all the bad ones will be on ESPN.

Man the MLB makes it tough for the casuals to follow along. They have games starting when west-coasters are barely on their lunch and they're gonna have games on FS1 which very few people have. 

28 minutes ago, Omar said:

Man the MLB makes it tough for the casuals to follow along. They have games starting when west-coasters are barely on their lunch and they're gonna have games on FS1 which very few people have. 

I have no problem with the games starting early. East coast fans shouldn't have to watch their east coast teams play until midnight just to cater to the west coast. Baseball games are so long that there's no way to appease everyone. Plus, it's smart to space out the games so they're not competing with one another.

As for the stations they're on, I think MLB does a terrible job with who they choose to work with. Most people probably don't even know what FS1 is. TBS has sucky coverage. Fox's has goofy big name analysts that add nothing to the broadcast like Pete Rose and A-Rod (although Buck and Smoltz will be solid on commentary). ESPN has sucky analysts. MLB Network easily has the best baseball coverage but you can't have all the games on there. The NFL is good cause there is usually great coverage on most channels.