Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chicago_animal

Relationship Status?

101 posts in this topic

I think my status has been pretty publicized in the recent past. Divorced w/ two kids here. Single parenting is tough, but I manage and luckily have some flexibility at work with going in later or leaving early, whatever I need to do.

I've been married for a year or so. My wife is awesome. She's so awesome that she's currently carrying my first baby. :) We haven't told more than our immediate friends/family in our real lives since it's only 7 weeks in. I'm pumped. I can't wait to be a dad. The weeks are going by so slowly. 

I don't think it's gay to give a damn about other people and their lives. 

18 minutes ago, Koldes said:

I've been married for a year or so. My wife is awesome. She's so awesome that she's currently carrying my first baby. :) 

Cool man, Congrats! You waiting for the birth to find out the sex? 

3 minutes ago, chicago_animal said:

Cool man, Congrats! You waiting for the birth to find out the sex? 

Thanks. We were only trying for a few months and got really lucky, it happened quick. We're only about 7 weeks in so we need to wait another 6+ weeks or more to find out the gender. I really want to find out badly, but she really wants to wait until it's born. I guess we'll figure it out in the next 7 weeks if we'll find out then or wait. I want a boy. We haven't told people yet or really done too much until the 13+ week mark, that's when the chance of miscarriage goes down from 30% to like 3%. Gonna be a long 6 weeks - I want to shout it from the rooftops. 

21 minutes ago, Omar said:

I have a feeling this thread is gonna turn into an argument about using the word "gay" as a negative connotation. 

Chicago made the thread and he's one of those old school people that acts like a real person and doesn't pretend to get appalled at everything so I figured it was safe to make the joke and it wouldn't turn into a shitstorm. I'll admit that I did get worried when I saw that Koldes replied to this thread.

I am currently a bachelor and have been the last 4+ years. My last relationship packed enough drama that I've been quite happy to be single for awhile. Though one of my bandmates is basically my "hetero lifemate." ;)

I have never been married and have no kids, but I have kids that I teach (rock ensemble/songwriting), which fills some of that "itch." I love my kiddos.

10 hours ago, Koldes said:

I've been married for a year or so. My wife is awesome. She's so awesome that she's currently carrying my first baby. :) We haven't told more than our immediate friends/family in our real lives since it's only 7 weeks in. I'm pumped. I can't wait to be a dad. The weeks are going by so slowly. 

Congrats, man! Being a dad is awesome and as everyone I'm sure has told you, your whole life does indeed change in some absolutely great and some very stressful ways. All completely worth it though when you see your child born and stares into your eyes.

Anyway, as for me, I've been married for almost 5 1/2 years and have a two month old son. 

On 9/19/2016 at 10:35 AM, Koldes said:

Congrats!

I feel like a lot of people on here must be married, possibly with kids and have moved on. This forum has been totally dead and very boring lately. The gaming thread in particular is a barren wasteland and I've thought about actually going to other websites to talk about games. It seems like the mobile gaming thread has gotten more discussion lately so maybe this forum is mostly lapsed gamers like Pen and DD who play on mobile now but other people used to be in the gaming thread like Tanbull and dare I say Echo and they're gone. It seems like a bunch of regulars have left, other regulars like Andrew, Pen and Nixon make cameo appearances every now and then, Omar is here sorta-regularly and it's mostly me, Ruiner and Chicago Animal as the faces that run the places. It's sad to say but after all these years I feel like this is the worst shape our little forum has ever been in. I feel like it's dying.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

I feel like a lot of people on here must be married, possibly with kids and have moved on. This forum has been totally dead and very boring lately. The gaming thread in particular is a barren wasteland and I've thought about actually going to other websites to talk about games. It seems like the mobile gaming thread has gotten more discussion lately so maybe this forum is mostly lapsed gamers like Pen and DD who play on mobile now but other people used to be in the gaming thread like Tanbull and dare I say Echo and they're gone. It seems like a bunch of regulars have left, other regulars like Andrew, Pen and Nixon make cameo appearances every now and then, Omar is here sorta-regularly and it's mostly me, Ruiner and Chicago Animal as the faces that run the places. It's sad to say but after all these years I feel like this is the worst shape our little forum has ever been in. I feel like it's dying.

What a load of bullshit.

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm still gaming all the time but we don't play any of the same games so it's pretty much an echo chamber in there.

I agree with most of this though (except the website dying stuff at the end, I don't think we're at any risk of that). But this place is mine, I'm not going anywhere. I dick around on Reddit and a couple other sites but I don't think I'm ever going to become a part of another online community like this one. I like the people here, if I didn't, I would've kicked this place a long time ago to be more productive. There's a million jackasses on the internet to talk to about video games and TV shows and music, but only the ones on this site are people I'd call friends. I do wish there was more activity though. I'm not going to judge anybody for having shit else to do but I can't remember the last strong conversation I've carried with many of our regulars beyond agreeing or disagreeing on something. Several key members are still certainly active but much less so than in the past. The only one who I'd say feels like a cameo is Nixon, who seems to drop in now and again to upvote something I said or make an exaggerated bewildered response to a wrestling opinion.

It doesn't help that every new member we get is a complete dipshit who bickers with everyone and ends up leaving. Who's the last new member who is still a strong part of the forum and didn't wash out? Xeph, who's been here for years?

22 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I can't remember the last strong conversation I've carried with many of our regulars beyond agreeing or disagreeing on something.

I'm not real sure what you mean by this, but I'm pretty sure the conversation about your drug life qualifies as a strong topic.