Kevin Owens & Chris Jericho vs. Enzo & Cass

WWE Intercontinental Championship
The Miz vs. Apollo Crews

Carmella, Becky Lynch & Naomi vs. Natalya, Alexa Bliss & TBD

--------

Kickoff show

Cesaro vs. Sheamus

Sami Zayn & Neville vs. The Dudley Boyz

American Alpha, The Hype Bros & The Usos vs. Breezango, The Ascension & The Vaudevillains

WWE.com edited the SummerSlam picture. The original one is below. Luckily I got the original one before they removed it so it'll be on my printed card. I like how the newer one has Ambrose front and center (even though he won't be main eventing) but replacing Reigns with a horror movie villain and replacing Styles with Sasha Banks are both downgrades.

Untitled.png

- Lesnar vs. Orton: Great card. Looking forward to most of the stuff on this show. Lots of stuff that's tough to pick the winner of which is good. I'm glad this appears to be going on last. It's the true main event on here. It was always my most anticipated match on this card but now with all of the Goldberg rumors, I'm looking forward to it even more. I feel like this wouldn't be the main event if this was another routine Lesnar win. I'm actually going to pick Orton.

- Cena vs. Styles: I kinda feel like Styles is getting de-pushed a little. He seems like an afterthought lately. Sure he closed SD on the go-home show and is facing Cena, but I don't know. I'm worried a little. Going with Cena in this one. The pointless six-man tag shouldn't have happened last month. This rematch should've been last month. This feud has gone on way too long now. Two month feuds are fine but three months is too long.

- WWE World Championship: This is my second most anticipated match. Terrific build-up for this one and their segment should've closed SD last Tuesday. I'm going with Ambrose here.

- WWE Universal Championship: Going with Rollins.

- WWE United States Championship: Reigns winning on Raw makes the result of this match tougher to guess but I'm still going to pick Reigns.

- WWE Women's Championship: Going with Banks.

- WWE Tag Team Championship: I don't know what they have planned here. I wouldn't be surprised to see Big E return and turn on his teammates. I don't expect him to join the Club, just go solo. He can say he was sick of carrying his weaker teammates and it's their fault he got hurt cause they weren't good enough to help him and he doesn't want them dragging him down anymore. I just hope if he turns heel he doesn't lose his personality. His charisma would be wasted if he was a monster heel. Honestly I'd like to see this happen. The New Day has run its course. Leave the other two as a tag team for a while while WWE develops some new teams to take over and Big E can go solo. Tough to pick but I'm gonna go with Gallows and Anderson.

- Owens & Jericho vs. Enzo & Cass: While Owens and Jericho have been highly entertaining lately and much more so than their opponents, I'm going with Enzo and Cass in this one. They're a permanent team, the other two likely aren't, it just makes more sense to let them win.

- WWE Intercontinental Championship: If things were booked correctly, Crews would continue to make a name for himself, develop his character and rack up wins for a few months and Miz would get a few more title defenses and really solidify his already solid title reign and then Crews would take the title around Survivor Series. But the rushed push is happening. Going with Crews.

- Women's bathroom break match: Going with Becky Lynch's team.

Lesnar

Ambrose 

Balor

Banks

Styles

Rusev

Club

Enzo+Cass

Pretty sure Styles isn't getting depushed. I'd bet that he's going to be the guy to take the title off Ambrose (preferably later rather than sooner). 

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

Goldberg said he had double knee surgery six weeks ago. So there goes any shot of him appearing tonight.

While you've gotten my hopes up a bit, he can still theoretically appear. Really, if he does show, all they should do is a staredown anyway. The spear and jacknife are the only things he has to offer, save those for the match. 

So amidst this Goldberg discussion, I want to take a moment to talk about something less exciting... 

Bray Wyatt is not booked on the show. So, it's time for this month's "Which match does Wyatt interfere in" pick'em game! The clear popular picks are the Orton/Lesnar match and the WWE title match. I personally hope it's the Lesnar match, because that story is completely unimportant and the match probably won't be great anyway. I want a full, clean match between Ambrose and Ziggler, especially after the way they've built it. Wyatt interfering would just muddy up the whole story. 

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Another boring, botch-filled women's match that the IWC will love and I'll continue to get questioned why I don't watch women's wrestling.

It definitely had botches but it definitely wasn't boring. If seeing two people nearly kill themselves doing extremely dangerous spots is your idea of boring I don't know what's going to please you. 

And let's be real, there were two botches. Hardly match breaking. 

I mean it wasn't as good as the NXT women's division output but it was a very good match. 

To nitpick, that apron suplex made no sense. Crazy brutal spot, just kind of done as a big nothing early in the match. They were doing headlocks again not a minute later. 

6 minutes ago, Nixon said:

Oh shut up. 

It really bothered me. It's a testament to how good the rest of the match was that it made me forget about it. 

Cena vs. AJ was fucking amazing. Me and my friend cheered and high-fived when AJ won. So happy for him. Curious what is next for Cena with him losing and leaving the arm band in the ring. Maybe he's taking a break to film his show or maybe they're setting up a heel turn.

Ambrose/Ziggler had a good story but was far too short and was really hurt by a dead crowd. Too bad. I hope they get a rematch that can headline Backlash.