Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EchoX860

Skillet - Unleashed

38 posts in this topic

I really enjoyed this album, especially the final track. However, the production feels really off-putting to me. Something about it just seems wrong and I think it has something to do with the way they did the low sounds.

3 hours ago, Omar said:

I thought it was good, nothing special but overall enjoyable. These guys are never gonna touch Comatose.

I was about to post this exactly. I don't know if I like it better than "Rise" or not. Definitely better than "Awake," but not even close to "Comatose." I think it needs more songs where John and Korey collaborate.

Needs more "string" instruments, this has been the biggest void on any album since Comatose. At first listen did not like a single part about this album outside of "I Want to Live," big surprise given the parallels to Comatose. After a number of spins the music is definitely doing it for me but what really kills me is some of the cheesiness in the lyrics on the songs. i completely understand the nature of the band, but where did the story telling abilities from Comatose and a little bit from Alive go? It seems that a vast majority of the lyrics on the album relate to the bands religious views, which again no problem with the views but for me it limits what the album could be so to speak. Anyways, definitely better than Alive and Rise but still lacking the core elements of the breakout Comatose.

"Acoustic" version on the soundtrack for "The Shack".  I think I like it better than the album version.

I gave this album a shot maybe a week ago and found it actually pretty good. I don't know if it's that my defenses were down or what, but I actually think this album restores my faith in their music. I may go back and listen to their discography and see where it falls but for now I'm probably going to put it just below Comatose and definitely above Awake. I don't know where Collide fits in or Rise, the former cause it's been so long since I've heard it and the latter because I was never able to give it much of a chance because of the vocal production hurting my eardrums.

52 minutes ago, pen said:

I gave this album a shot maybe a week ago and found it actually pretty good. I don't know if it's that my defenses were down or what, but I actually think this album restores my faith in their music. I may go back and listen to their discography and see where it falls but for now I'm probably going to put it just below Comatose and definitely above Awake. I don't know where Collide fits in or Rise, the former cause it's been so long since I've heard it and the latter because I was never able to give it much of a chance because of the vocal production hurting my eardrums.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found his voice super grating on Rise. What were they thinking?