Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EchoX860

Skillet - Unleashed

38 posts in this topic

Just now, pen said:

I dare you to not be a dick for a month. I don't think you can do it.

When was the last time I was a dick?

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

When was the last time I was a dick?

Do I really need to go find examples? Come on Ruiner, you know what you do on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, pen said:

Do I really need to go find examples? Come on Ruiner, you know what you do on a regular basis.

I know that I'm a nice person that's easy to get along with.

48 minutes ago, pen said:

That sucks the fun out of everything that people love.

Not everything, just a few things.... like Skillet.

21 minutes ago, Omar said:

I have to say the first single has grown on me a lot and I really love "Stars", so I'm actually super excited for this.

Same here. Couple new singles I just hard aren't bad either. I've read on other forums that it's a pretty strong effort if you at least somewhat enjoyed 'Awake'.

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Same here. Couple new singles I just hard aren't bad either. I've read on other forums that it's a pretty strong effort if you at least somewhat enjoyed 'Awake'.

I really liked Awake. I know a lot of people here didnt like it, probably because of how hard it is to follow Comatose, but I thought it was really good. The last album was meeeeeh. 

I'm all in agreement with the few posts above. I thought "Comatose" overall was fantastic and while "Awake" had a few very good songs on it, I thought it was kind of cheesy. "Rise" was a bit of a step up, but not "Comatose." 

From the few songs I've heard so far, this new album looks pretty damn promising.

Musically from a pure hard rock gritty guitar aspect this album for me surpasses Comatose, Which I thought would never happen. Lyrically though I would dissapointed if I listened to my music based on the lyrics and what they mean cuz the cheese here is REAL. This album for me should end the year in my top 3. I have only had one listen through, but I definatly haven't been this happy with a release of theirs since Comatose. 

I'm about to give this my first listen. I loved 'Collide' and 'Comatose,' but I thought 'Awake' was just okay. 'Rise' sucks, in my opinion. My expectations on this one are pretty low.

My opinion is kind of in the middle of what you all have said. It has a few songs that are extremely catchy and fun to listen to, and it has some that I can't bare to hear like Undefeated. I want to Live is a great track that sounds like it came off Comatose.

"The Resistance" is the best song they've written since the Comatose era.  I also really enjoyed "Watching for Comets"

...and I'm back to being just a watcher.  

The Resistance absolutely blew my mind. I like a few other tracks like "Burn it Down" and "Out of Hell." "I Want to Live", while decent, just seems like they tried to recreate "Awake and Alive."