Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

MM2016 Final Four: 10 Years vs. Meg Myers

MM2016   23 members have voted

1. 1. MM2016

• 10 Years - From Birth To Burial
    • Meg Myers - Sorry

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

74 posts in this topic

This is going to be the best I've liked a Music Madness winner in the history of the tournament, I can just feel it.

1 hour ago, pen said:

Be careful who you summon. Based on the ground rules I set about participants and activity, I'm not sure I could count a vote from J4ESTER. 

Be careful what precedent you establish... if you were to not count his somebody might point out the recent frequency of J4's posts meet or exceed that of Sox, who voted for Meg Myers. ;)

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

This feels in poor taste. It's one thing to do this when you need a tie broken. It's another when you're trying to flip a result.

If you're taking this seriously enough that you really feel this is in "poor taste" then I'll happily delete my vote for 10 Years just for you. I'm having a bit of fun, as are others that are tagging people and jokingly saying they'd take bribes.

30 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Be careful what precedent you establish... if you were to not count his somebody might point out the recent frequency of J4's posts meet or exceed that of Sox, who voted for Meg 

They could point that out if they want to lose an argument, seeing as how Sox has been active all through the tournament and J4ester had a huge stretch from September to June where he didn't post anything.

Should we ask Omar or @jman3000 to tie this up? Somebody's going to. I can feel it. 10 Years can't lose now. I wonder what old school TL fans would say if we let a Cinderella win the whole tournament. They'd be shocked.

14 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Should we ask Omar or @jman3000 to tie this up? Somebody's going to. I can feel it. 10 Years can't lose now. I wonder what old school TL fans would say if we let a Cinderella win the whole tournament. They'd be shocked.

Omar already declined to vote.

I'm a little tired of the notion that it would be outrageous if Meg won.  Her album slays and you should stop undercutting it just because she's against an old TL favorite.  Maybe some of the old school guys would like that some fresh blood is succeeding in this tournament.

18 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

I wonder what old school TL fans would say if we let a Cinderella win the whole tournament. They'd be shocked.

Who gives a flying fuck?

Well if it comes down to tie, feel free to delete my vote (I would now but we don't have the option). You all are taking this way too seriously and since my pick for best album is already out it really doesn't matter to me what happens in the end.

21 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Well if it comes down to tie, feel free to delete my vote (I would now but we don't have the option). You all are taking this way too seriously and since my pick for best album is already out it really doesn't matter to me what happens in the end.

I don't get why we should delete your vote. I just don't like summoning people who haven't voted with the goal of them picking a specific candidate. And I don't care that much, but the people who are super pro-Meg probably would be like "hey, no fair!" now we gotta hunt around for people who haven't voted who would vote for our gal. That's all I'm saying. The precedent of tagging people to get them to come out of the woodworks to vote was to break ties, not make them.

8 hours ago, Vigo said:

No offense Jay, but this comes off just as "too serious" as anything else in this thread. Asking to have your vote deleted is like asking to take your ball and go home. There is a very obvious spirit of competition at this point and I don't think anyone's said anything too overboard and Jamie's point is fair even if I don't necessarily agree with it. Jamie's concern is not that dissimilar to the concern I had last year when Blake and Veritas wanted to suddenly jump in the voting despite not being active members in the community at the time. This tournament has lasted five months now and it would be shitty to throw away all that time and effort because someone decided to sway the vote at the last or second-to-last moment. That being said, if people are just voting how they truly feel then I don't have a problem with us drawing people's attention to this thread. Hell, you drew Nixon in and he voted against you so it's not like the rallying can't backfire. I'm afraid for how the final match will go if it ends up being Red vs. Meg, which it looks like it will.

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Honestly I feel like Red is gonna shatter whoever they end up against.

That's how I feel too. All this back and forth about 10 Years is pretty much meaningless.

For the record, I'm not asking you to delete my vote — I said if there's a tie and the next step obviously would be a bunch of bickering over eligibility to vote and/or who should be contacted, an easier route is just delete my vote. Yes I would have deleted it myself, not because of "taking the ball and going home" but to help prevent a tie and to not be a part of the inevitable shitstorm that would result from the tie — especially if it was because I tagged somebody that subjectively may or may not be "eligible" to vote.

Just ignore my past posts and move on.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

If it ends as a tie you should just make the final a three way.

Smart angling. All the active rock fans would have their votes split between Red and 10 Years, allowing Megan to scoop up everybody else and take the whole thing.