Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ruiner

Vice Principals

42 posts in this topic

I don't think it's two different people, that would seem crazy. An "Unrelated shooter" at the time of a bombing of a car? I think it's all Russell. His psychopathy knows no bounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Koldes said:

I don't think it's two different people, that would seem crazy. An "Unrelated shooter" at the time of a bombing of a car? I think it's all Russell. His psychopathy knows no bounds. 

 

On 9/20/2016 at 11:23 AM, Ruiner said:

Gamby has made several enemies and a psychopathic partner who probably wants him out of the principal's office. It's not hard at all to believe two people would attack him on his first day as principal. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand your argument for it, I just think the odds would be astronomically low, and also poor writing. Like for example, for Belinda to burn up the cars, and for Russell to have the impulse and speed to grab a mask and a gun and get there on time just doesn't make sense to me. It's one person, either Belinda or Russel. My money is on Russel. Especially because the silhouette is so thin that it likely isn't Belinda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't disagree more. Having Gamby getting attacked by both the person he wronged and his partner would be a poetic way of punishing him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that they're advertising it as "The Final Semester" - is it ending due to ratings, or was there just basically intentions for two seasons?

Not to spark an old debate, but, the shooter is definitely Russell :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Koldes said:

I see that they're advertising it as "The Final Semester" - is it ending due to ratings, or was there just basically intentions for two seasons?

Not to spark an old debate, but, the shooter is definitely Russell :)

1. They wrote and shot both seasons at the same time, with the intention of it being a two-off. 

2. Too tall, but I still think he hired whoever it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ruiner said:

1. They wrote and shot both seasons at the same time, with the intention of it being a two-off. 

2. Too tall, but I still think he hired whoever it was. 

Ah, I think that rings a bell now that I hear it. 

I think that's a pretty logical argument - I think he's involved one way or the other. My thought is that the show is supposed to be about the two VPs - if it focuses on Gamby too much as the hero and Russell is kind of to the side, they didn't really maximize on the potential at all. With Russell being involved, it makes a true rivalry/enemy scenario with the two main stars against each other. It just makes sense to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we're 5 episodes in, and to this point, they haven't really shown much reasoning to believe that the shooter would have been Russell. I guess the only thing that paints him to be the shooter/hired the shooter, and I'm basically grasping for straws with this, is that they've shown how he absolutely refuses to change and become better. So he's basically capable of anything, like destroying his dad's model airplanes. So maybe he's not nice to Gamby (like creating the file of who could have shot him) but it's all just manipulation. Although, at the same time, they haven't really shown actual progress at who the real shooter could be, so maybe in lieu of doing that, it defaults to Russell? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I binge watched this show this weekend while I was down with a back injury and while it isn't quite as funny as I hoped it would be, I still really like it. I think it's fairly obvious it's gonna end up being Russell, the dude is a nutcase. In the promos for the show they always put in "the final semester", is this gonna be the last season? If so then I think it's even more obvious it'll be Russell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Omar said:

I binge watched this show this weekend while I was down with a back injury and while it isn't quite as funny as I hoped it would be, I still really like it. I think it's fairly obvious it's gonna end up being Russell, the dude is a nutcase. In the promos for the show they always put in "the final semester", is this gonna be the last season? If so then I think it's even more obvious it'll be Russell.

Yeah, there's just two seasons. They actually filmed it all at once but delayed the second/final season a year before it came out.

I think you're right, I felt something similar - the show has so much potential and I was hoping it'd be a little better, but it's a "good not great" show. Still gonna watch it til the end, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Koldes said:

Yeah, there's just two seasons. They actually filmed it all at once but delayed the second/final season a year before it came out.

I think you're right, I felt something similar - the show has so much potential and I was hoping it'd be a little better, but it's a "good not great" show. Still gonna watch it til the end, though. 

They don't do a good job making you care for anyone except the two main characters. Like everyone else seems like major filler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Omar said:

They don't do a good job making you care for anyone except the two main characters. Like everyone else seems like major filler.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Some shows, there are ensemble casts where the side characters steal the scenes, but you're right, it's mostly Gamby and Russell in this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Koldes said:

@Ruiner or @Omar did you watch the ending? 

Yes! That was pretty awesome. Like we talked about before I thought it was pretty obvious that it was Russell that shot Gamby and them initially revealing it as him made it a little disappointing that they didn't try any type of swerve. Though it did leave me optimistic that Russell was gonna have a batshit crazy reaction to him getting caught and jobless. The previews even made it seem like he was going to go on a murderous rampage. But then they pinned it on Ms. Abbott and it all made way more sense haha. She was easily the least likeable character (which means they did a great job because that was clearly what they were going for as harmless as she seemed ay first) and seeing a whole episode revolved around her comeuppance was great. It makes me sad to see Lee Russell go away forever because I grew to love that son of a bitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2017 at 4:21 PM, Omar said:

Yes! That was pretty awesome. Like we talked about before I thought it was pretty obvious that it was Russell that shot Gamby and them initially revealing it as him made it a little disappointing that they didn't try any type of swerve. Though it did leave me optimistic that Russell was gonna have a batshit crazy reaction to him getting caught and jobless. The previews even made it seem like he was going to go on a murderous rampage. But then they pinned it on Ms. Abbott and it all made way more sense haha. She was easily the least likeable character (which means they did a great job because that was clearly what they were going for as harmless as she seemed ay first) and seeing a whole episode revolved around her comeuppance was great. It makes me sad to see Lee Russell go away forever because I grew to love that son of a bitch.

Once they found the mask in Lee's car, I know it was Abbott. Lee was way too smart for that placement, and she was just by the car minutes before. And then I realized how much she hated him. They did it in a pretty cool Fatal Attraction way. I was so happy to see Snodgrass defend herself and kick Abbott's ass, I thought it was going to need to be Gamby to come in and save her, but they broke the traditional storyline and had her take care of herself. Definitely sad to see Lee go, he was a cool, terrible, mean spirited character. 

I enjoyed the serious. Can't recommend it and say to people "You HAVE to check this out" but good. Not nearly as good as East Bound and Down, but still enjoyable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.