Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koldes

Pokemon Go

250 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Omar said:

I downloaded the game the day it came out but haven't gotten around to actually playing it until today. I felt so proud of myself that I caught 8 Pokemon so far. Until I saw the screenshots posted here. :(

When Ash Ketchum started out, he was like 12 years old. There were so many trainers with pokemon stronger and years of experience on him. Do you think that stopped him? No, he raised his Pikachu up one level at a time and eventually destroyed the hell out of everyone. 

You can do it, we believe in you. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I've never played Pokemon in my life, never wanted to. I downloaded Go only because of the insane popularity surrounding it. I'm not giving them my gmail info so I have to wait till it starts working for me to sign up for their account and then I'll give it a try. I doubt I'll really like it much.

A few people I know never got into pokemon but have been able to enjoy it. One of my female friends is almost as obsessed as I am and she never played before. Just give it a chance. I haven't felt more like a 13 year old kid since I was, well, 13. That's pretty rare to find. 

I'm very surprised that so many people can play games on their phones at work. I've received screenshots from a friend of Pokemon on his desk at work and you guys all talking about playing it at work. I don't have a free second to scratch my ass and catch my breath at my shitty job. I'm jealous. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I'm very surprised that so many people can play games on their phones at work. I've received screenshots from a friend of Pokemon on his desk at work and you guys all talking about playing it at work. I don't have a free second to scratch my ass and catch my breath at my shitty job. I'm jealous. 

You don't get an AM break, a lunch break, and a PM break? And you never stop and take little breaks or chat with people here or there while you're on the clock, EVER? Color me impressed. 

3 minutes ago, Koldes said:

You don't get an AM break, a lunch break, and a PM break? 

I get a lunch but most of the time I'm too busy to take either break. I have to choose between taking a break or leaving on time or close to on time and I'd rather leave on my scheduled time. In a perfect world I'd get all my breaks and still leave on time but that's tough when there's a skeleton crew in there every day.

6 minutes ago, Omar said:

And now it seems like it signed me out and when I signed back in all my Pokemon are gone. Son of a bitch.

Did you sign up with your Google account or make a Pokemon account or whatever? That happened to my friend too who made a Pokemon account

11 minutes ago, xeph said:

Did you sign up with your Google account or make a Pokemon account or whatever? That happened to my friend too who made a Pokemon account

It's a Google account. Seems like all my stuff is back though. It's probably just the servers taking a beating. I am getting tired of it signing me out though. 

Today I saw a Smokey Bones advertise that they have a Poke Stop. It's a Pokemon world, and we're just living in it.

Also found a Poke Stop by my endocrinologist's office and caught a Slowpoke in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart. Not a bad day.

I ran out of balls last night and thought that was the end of my playing experience  because I wasn't gonna be paying for them and didn't see myself getting enough balls through the one Pokestop that's close to my house. Little did I know that the park next to where I work has like 7 of them, and it's a tiny park. So for lunch I went to the park and walked around in circles for like 40 minutes and now I have 93 balls plus a bunch of other crap ready to go. Nice to know I have somewhere to reload. 

Anyone interested in an app to make the game more manageable should check out Poké Tracker (Android).  My girlfriend's brother made it so I'm trying to help get the word out. ;)

9 hours ago, Kalt said:

Anyone interested in an app to make the game more manageable should check out Poké Tracker (Android).  My girlfriend's brother made it so I'm trying to help get the word out. ;)

Very cool, I'll give it a try. 

13 hours ago, Omar said:

I ran out of balls last night and thought that was the end of my playing experience  because I wasn't gonna be paying for them and didn't see myself getting enough balls through the one Pokestop that's close to my house. Little did I know that the park next to where I work has like 7 of them, and it's a tiny park. So for lunch I went to the park and walked around in circles for like 40 minutes and now I have 93 balls plus a bunch of other crap ready to go. Nice to know I have somewhere to reload. 

Nice man. It feels good when you know you can catch a bunch more stuff.

I love what this game is doing to bring people together. But even more importantly than that, bringing cops and their communities together. You really can't get stuff like this under most normal circumstances:

Spoiler

My GF and I were catching Pokémon in Downtown Long Beach at a place called Shoreline park when the police showed up.

In order to properly understand what happened, I will need to explain some things.

There are probably 10-15 Pokestops within a 50 yard radius and 3 Gyms in the same radius. Needless to say there were a lot of people in the park and along side the boardwalk. 200+ trainers going crazy, every Pokestop was lured and the Gyms were being fought over so fervently that they wouldn't stay one color for more than a minute. It was a true Pokeparty!

So everyone is having a great time running around when the cops showed up. They drove their car into the center of the circle and headed to the boardwalk which is just wide enough for their car and perhaps another along side it.

The boardwalk is covered in people, and when the cops aligned themselves in the dead center of the boardwalk everyone kinda stopped what they were doing and looked at them. People starting parting down the middle to make room for the cops.

That's when they did it... they turned their lights on, the ones they use to hail cars and tell them to pull off the road...

People gasped, they were shutting us down, we weren't even doing anything.

We heard their loudspeaker come on, and we knew what we were going to hear "Vacate the area by order of the Long Beach Police Department".

But the sound that eventually did come out of the loudspeaker was not something anyone was expecting.

"I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was..."

Those glorious bastards starting playing "Gotta Catch 'Em All" over their loudspeaker as they rolled down the boardwalk!

Everyone started cheering and hooting and hollering. People were high-fiving.

It was truly amazing. It put me in such a good mood that the event's warm glow is still resonating within me hours later.

With all the insanity that's been going on in my country regarding the police shootings and brutality... its things like this that give me hope.

I noticed Pen said he wanted a Meouth, is he supposed to be hard to get? Because when I'm out and about actively looking he never pops up, but when I'm home he's ALWAYS around, albeit 3 paws away. My not usually home till night so maybe he just comes out at night or something, but I sure as hell cant go out and look for him at night where I live. I'll get shanked.

6 minutes ago, Omar said:

I noticed Pen said he wanted a Meouth, is he supposed to be hard to get? Because when I'm out and about actively looking he never pops up, but when I'm home he's ALWAYS around, albeit 3 paws away. My not usually home till night so maybe he just comes out at night or something, but I sure as hell cant go out and look for him at night where I live. I'll get shanked.

The pokemon will vary from region to region or area to area. Meowth may be uncommon in his area, but it might be super common for you. We're seeing a lot of that where in desert areas, fire/rock pokemon are common with very little water pokemon, and then on the coast, lots of water pokemon but no fire ones. It's all a part of the "Go" to get out, travel and explore to get new pokemon. You may be in an area where there is a consistent Meowth spawn but pen might not know where there is one near him.

In my area in Maine, water pokemon are pretty popular, I'm actually trying to find a way to get a kick ass grass or thunder one so I can have the typing match up to beat some of these mofos either. 

What I've seen so far is that the pokemon and their types aren't necessarily based on the area you are (like grass pokemon in a field, zubats or diglets in a cave, water by a pond) but it's more regionally done. Like if you're in Maine you'll see different than in Arizona, Arizona different than NoCal, etc. Can't really confirm this but it seems to be the trend.

It's all Drowzees, Zubats and Pidgeys here. Can't believe how many people are playing it, I don't think I've seen as many people in the park as there was the other night.

Ive been pretty much out of Pokeballs since Saturday night and have been wanting to go to the park since Sunday.

I go Sunday = servers are down for an hour and a half.

Monday = can't go during my lunch because I get invited by a coworker for lunch.

Tuesday = I go to the park and as I get there I notice the window of my car won't go up so I have to take that time to fix it.

Today = fucking servers are down again!

I feel like this is a sign that I should stop playing. I did finally catch a Meowth last night though. 

I'm now level 12 and on my way to level 13. My best Pokemon are now a Vaporeon at 700+ and a Primeape at 500+. Can't get the exact CP as servers seem to be down. Other notable gets include a Seadra that's 400+ and a Kabuto which apparently is somewhat rare according to my jealous co-worker. I'm pretty happy with my progress and playing this along with my co-workers has made the experience more fun.

2 minutes ago, pen said:

I'm now level 12 and on my way to level 13. My best Pokemon are now a Vaporeon at 700+ and a Primeape at 500+. Can't get the exact CP as servers seem to be down. Other notable gets include a Seadra that's 400+ and a Kabuto which apparently is somewhat rare according to my jealous co-worker. I'm pretty happy with my progress and playing this along with my co-workers has made the experience more fun.

Did you ever end up catching a Meowth?