Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koldes

Pokemon Go

250 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, American_Idiot said:

It won't let me edit my image above, but I was looking for Pokemon on my lunch break and ran into two iguanas running across the parking lot 

Only in Florida :lol:

The real Pokemon.

I got invited from a Facebook group to a Pokemon Go meetup at a local park down here that apparently has twelve Pokestops and four gyms on Saturday afternoon. Over 4,000 people are confirmed to go. This is getting to be freaking insane.

43 minutes ago, American_Idiot said:

I got invited from a Facebook group to a Pokemon Go meetup at a local park down here that apparently has twelve Pokestops and four gyms on Saturday afternoon. Over 4,000 people are confirmed to go. This is getting to be freaking insane.

Good thing people care about having fun and enjoyment and not if fads are cool and in style or not... like some people... :)

Take some pics! 

22 minutes ago, Koldes said:

Good thing people care about having fun and enjoyment and not if fads are cool and in style or not... like some people... :)

Take some pics! 

What's fun? 

Last night was the first time that I used the 'nearby' feature and actually tracked a pokemon. I am fully addicted to it now. This was the most fun I've had in a while. Check it out

(Can't share all the images here, so here's an imgur album link)

http://imgur.com/a/KF0MB 

2 minutes ago, pen said:

Geez, how have you guys built ones in the thousands already? My highest CP Pokémon is a Pidgeot in the 300s.

I'm level 16, so right now I'm catching some Eevees with an average of around 300cp or so. That one was like 425, so when I evolved it using 25 Eevee candies, it went to 1000. 

Super easy, but Eeevee is kind of the common strong one of PokemonGo. Just about everyone has a Flareon, Jolteon or Vaporeon pretty high leveled.

The Snorlax was a 10KG egg that I hatched to around 750 or so, and then just powered him up. 

The Pidgeys - I recently had over 120 pidgey candies and I'm catching them sometimes 300cp or so. So a double evolution put Pidgeot around 800.

They're having a Pokemon barcrawl here this weekend with each team having different times for each bar... Shits getting real. At the concert last night everyone was trying to catch a snorlax that was on stage during intermissions. 

I want a Snorlax, a Slowbro, and a Meowth, in that order. Last night we actually saw a Meowth around at my workplace, but it vanished before we could find it. :(

I just had the best experience at work. A handful of my co-workers are playing and we're in a skype group. One of my friends goes "CHECK PHONES, NIDOQUEEN". We all jump on. The servers are crashing and glitching out when we're trying to capture. 

5 of the 6 of us got her well. 454, 594, and mine was even 864cp. 1 of the 6 of us, well, we shall be saying a prayer for them as they were not as fortunate. They succumbed to the battle of the glitchy servers. 

Screenshot_20160713-134946.png

A guy at work apparently scored a pretty lady's LinkedIn (?) at a Starbucks as a result of him playing Pokemon. This year is stupid. 

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

A guy at work apparently scored a pretty lady's LinkedIn (?) at a Starbucks as a result of him playing Pokemon. This year is stupid. 

There's rumors that they're going to release the 2nd generation of pokemon in December. If so, it won't just be 2016 that's stupid, son! 

Just now, Koldes said:

There's rumors that they're going to release the 2nd generation of pokemon in December. If so, it won't just be 2016 that's stupid, son! 

Thanks for the warning, dad. 

15 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Thanks for the warning, dad. 

One of my co-workers has reacted quite negatively to all the Pokemon Go fervor. Told us he was going to break all of our phones, and one time when a couple of us were in an elevator he started trying to shake it and said he was going to kill us all. He's overdramatic like that in a lovable goofball kind of way but still his reaction is distressing.

What I'm saying is don't be that guy, Dylan.

"Go out and play outside, damnit! Kids these days don't get outside"

July 2016

"Why are you walking around outside socializing so much, damnit!"

4 hours ago, Koldes said:

Last night was the first time that I used the 'nearby' feature and actually tracked a pokemon. I am fully addicted to it now. This was the most fun I've had in a while. Check it out

(Can't share all the images here, so here's an imgur album link)

http://imgur.com/a/KF0MB 

Relevant: 

2IkB1bn.jpg?1

20 minutes ago, Koldes said:

"Go out and play outside, damnit! Kids these days don't get outside"

July 2016

"Why are you walking around outside socializing so much, damnit!"

The staying inside generation is the old one now? I wasn't expecting to get old that fast. 

26 minutes ago, pen said:

One of my co-workers has reacted quite negatively to all the Pokemon Go fervor. Told us he was going to break all of our phones, and one time when a couple of us were in an elevator he started trying to shake it and said he was going to kill us all. He's overdramatic like that in a lovable goofball kind of way but still his reaction is distressing.

What I'm saying is don't be that guy, Dylan.

I'm going more for a sarcastic mock-hipster thing. I hate exclusion, so the impulse is there, so might as well blow it up and have fun with it instead of being bitter. It's important to know when to make fun of yourself. 

I've never played Pokemon in my life, never wanted to. I downloaded Go only because of the insane popularity surrounding it. I'm not giving them my gmail info so I have to wait till it starts working for me to sign up for their account and then I'll give it a try. I doubt I'll really like it much. Maybe if there was Destiny Go and exotic weapons were sitting on the train tracks that I could use in the regular game I'd have some use for something like this but I'm about 99.92% convinced that I'll be deleting the app shortly after trying it. And I call it an app instead of a game cause I don't consider it a real game. Also, the hell with going outside, especially in this heat.

I downloaded the game the day it came out but haven't gotten around to actually playing it until today. I felt so proud of myself that I caught 8 Pokemon so far. Until I saw the screenshots posted here. :(