Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koldes

Pokemon Go

250 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, pen said:

Fucking Niantic. All that build up and suspense and all we get are six or seven Gen 2 Pokemon that you can only get in eggs. Oh, and Pikachu got a new Santa hat. Fucking blueballs.

Forgot about the announcement until you posted just now. That's super lame and it looks like a total cash grab considering you can only get them hatching eggs and not out in the wild. I can imagine people spending like crazy on incubators.

booooooooooooooooooooo

I guess I have the opposite reaction. Since I still have 14 spots left from Gen 1 to fill, I'm cool with if Niantic decides to release the Gen 2 Pokemon in waves. Although, if you're not near a Pokestop to get new eggs, yeah.... that sucks. Luckily, I have one in a church next to my office. I've never spent a penny on the game and don't plan to.

On another note, why the hell can't Niantic allow Tauros to spawn down here, but they can everywhere else in the country? They are not found anywhere south of Daytona Beach, which is four hours away from me.

So I dunno if anyone still plays this game, but most of Generation 2 came out today. I had only been playing in short spurts around each holiday event but just today I caught three brand new Pokecritters so I'm sure my playtime will bounce up again. I don't think I'm going to go actively hunting like I used to, but for now I'm happy collecting new little creatures. It just sucks it took them so long to get to this.

I was stunned when I saw the update last night. Ironically, I took today off from work awhile ago so it's perfect timing to spend the day hunting at local parks. 

I'm on Level 28. All I need from Gen 1 is an Aerodactyl. 

1 hour ago, American_Idiot said:

I was stunned when I saw the update last night. Ironically, I took today off from work awhile ago so it's perfect timing to spend the day hunting at local parks. 

I'm on Level 28. All I need from Gen 1 is an Aerodactyl. 

Wait, what? Does that mean you have Mr. Mime and the other region exclusives?

I ended up catching all of them except the region exclusives back around November and haven't played since (I have been playing Pokémon Moon however). But I'll probably dabble a bit with it and see what I can catch around my office or around my house, but the days of actively going out and searching are long gone. Besides it's raining like a motherfucker, I couldn't even if I wanted to. 

8 hours ago, pen said:

Wait, what? Does that mean you have Mr. Mime and the other region exclusives?

No. No. I should have said Just North American Regional. I did have to go drive four hours north to get Tauros as it's North American exclusive (except for Mexico). On the flip-side, Heracross is supposed to only be available in Mexico and South America. However, we can now catch it in South and Central Florida and South Texas.

I'm really close to getting my Espeon.  Like Gen 1, if you give your Eevee a nickname it will force it to evolve.  Of course this only works once per evolution.

Sakura = Espeon
Tamao = Umbreon

However according to stats, Espeon is by far the stronger pokemon.  

Also, Tyranitar, from what I've heard, is an absolutely beast.  Takes Dragonite to town.  Of course I'm not even close to getting a Dragonite so I don't think I'll be getting a Tyranitar anytime soon.

2 hours ago, pen said:

I made the mistake of getting Umbreon first, but then again, I wanted it. I'm sure I'll have the other in no time. 

Considering I am not anywhere close to an Alakazam, I felt like having a strong Psychic Pokemon was important.  For my Dark type I'm definitely shooting for a Houndoom.  

3 hours ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

Considering I am not anywhere close to an Alakazam, I felt like having a strong Psychic Pokemon was important.  For my Dark type I'm definitely shooting for a Houndoom.  

The Natu/Xatu line is pretty common as well if you're looking for a psychic boost.  Much needed after gen I made it very hard to find good psychic types.

38 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The Natu/Xatu line is pretty common as well if you're looking for a psychic boost.  Much needed after gen I made it very hard to find good psychic types.

That's true.  I've actually caught both of them already, but the Xatu had a really low CP.

I went hunting last night on Hollywood Beach, which the most popular spot down here to find rare mon. Typically, you see maybe 50 people playing Pokemon walking up and down the boardwalk. I'm serious when I say that there must have been 5,000 or more. It seemed more crowded than when the game first came out.

I now have 48 Gen 2 mon. Sucks that I have to travel 45 minutes to find most of these. All I get in my area are tons of Sentrets, Sunkurns, and Spinaraks.

5 hours ago, Green Baron said:

I stopped playing this in August and I thought everyone else did too

Now that you're wrong, are you going to get back into it?

1 hour ago, pen said:

Now that you're wrong, are you going to get back into it?

I don't think so. Not only did my six months off put me behind everyone else, but I just don't have any interest in it anymore, which is why I stopped in the first place.

18 hours ago, Green Baron said:

I don't think so. Not only did my six months off put me behind everyone else, but I just don't have any interest in it anymore, which is why I stopped in the first place.

Once the winter months came around I did stop playing as much, but I think that they put out the Gen 2 Pokemon at a perfect time.  I also think that they'll release Player Battles within the next couple of months which should see this game get another boost.  

Anybody been this playing lately? I hadn't played it since the Gen 2 Pokémon were released and got really bored of searching for those quickly. However I've been playing quite a bit lately because of the Legendary Raids that have been happening. I work in a government building that literally has 4 Pokestops and 3 gyms without me having to get out of my office and a ton of people gather up for the raids a couple of times a day and it's been fun joining up with them. So far I've caught Lugia, Articuno, and Moltres. Hoping to catch Zapdos at some point this week. I believe that these are the only legendaries they are planning to release for the time being so I'll probably go on another extended hiatus but it's been fun having the nostalgia of last summer. 

I moved to the suburbs this winter. No activity out there. Killed it for me, gave up a while ago mostly because of that. 

I still play while I'm at work since there's a Pokestop in range, but otherwise don't go out of my way to play it anymore. I haven't participated in any raids. I used to go for a 1-2 mile walk during my lunch break and play, but when the heat index is around 105-115 degrees down here every day, I'd rather not come back to work drenched in sweat.

2 hours ago, Koldes said:

Classic millennial! 

Does age 34 count as a millennial? It's kind of an in-between age range of being old and young.

52 minutes ago, American_Idiot said:

Does age 34 count as a millennial? It's kind of an in-between age range of being old and young.

Most people would say no, but I'm right on the edge at nearing 32 myself, so I'm going to go ahead and allow it.