Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dogtrain

Topic regarding singing!

12 posts in this topic

Hello! New member from Denmark! 

I just have a quick question regarding singing. (Hopefully there are some singers in here!)

When you breathe in. Do you tighten your stomach, like someone is about to punch you in the stomach, or do you keep it relaxed? AND. How loud do you sing? Above speaking level or? 

1 hour ago, chicago_animal said:

Only one person here who has the experience and expertise to answer your questions.

Mike, what do you have to say? 

Yeah, Mike is your guy. He's actually the former frontman of a relatively popular rock band with the initials "FH". 

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Welcome to the forums, @dogtrain. I used to be the singer of a relatively well-known Czechoslovakian industrial J-pop rock band called Fixing Harry. When I sing, I tend to tighten my stomach. One time I kept it relaxed and in the middle of the high note I shit myself right there on stage in front of 47,000 people. Ever since that fateful night, I always tighten my stomach when I'm singing.

Damn. Haha, I'll tighten my stomach from now on then. Thanks a lot for the advice though! 

9 hours ago, Mike said:

Welcome to the forums, @dogtrain. I used to be the singer of a relatively well-known Czechoslovakian industrial J-pop rock band called Fixing Harry. When I sing, I tend to tighten my stomach. One time I kept it relaxed and in the middle of the high note I shit myself right there on stage in front of 47,000 people. Ever since that fateful night, I always tighten my stomach when I'm singing.

Mike wins the internets. 

Sorry Dogtrain, but this is really funny. The person named Nixon on here would know a thing or two. The only industrial J pop rock band I know of is Baby Metal and I'm pretty sure that Mike doesn't sing for them.

1 hour ago, jman3000 said:

Sorry Dogtrain, but this is really funny. The person named Nixon on here would know a thing or two. The only industrial J pop rock band I know of is Baby Metal and I'm pretty sure that Mike doesn't sing for them.

Well that just means you're not very well versed in the genre.

7 hours ago, jman3000 said:

Explain that to my Fixing Harry shirt! 

10 hours ago, jman3000 said:

Ha okay. I will wait and see if he leaves a reply someday. :) Would be nice to know!