Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EchoX860

WWE Money in the Bank 2016

62 posts in this topic

I thought the WWE title match sucked. So slow-paced. Weird booking as well. The way Reigns dominated the match early-on and was talking smack, it was as if he was the heel. I mean he should definitely be a heel but seeing as how he is technically a face, the booking felt weird. Rollins victory wasn't totally clean either. Reigns had the match won when the ref was down. I was still extremely surprised Rollins won, sorta surprised Ambrose won MITB and extremely surprised he ended the PPV winning the title. He'd seem like more of a threat if he ever won some big matches like the Lesnar match. As of now, he's just a lucky MITB winner. But I did like the no-nonsense king of the jungle promo he cut earlier in the night so hopefully they're going to make him legit and not a crazy comedy guy. The Shield triple threat is upon us. I wish they could find a way to make it happen at SummerSlam. Have Ambrose vs. Rollins at Battleground and the triple threat at SummerSlam but with the draft coming up, this may be the last time we get to see it happen, unfortunately.

The ladder match was good. Nothing amazing about it but it was enjoyable. The stuff with the three ladders connected and all six guys fighting was cool. I liked how we saw people moving up the ladder quickly and not in slow motion. Not gonna lie, I was really disappointed in the Cena/Styles match. It was a pretty good match but I was expecting a MOTY candidate. And while it was nice to see AJ win, it still wasn't clean. Even though he was the heel, I was hoping we'd see a clean win.

The rest of that PPV was painful to watch. If I knew how bad it was going to be I would've had my friends come over at 9:00 and we could've skipped some of it. I liked how they got most of the crap out over with but by the time the good matches came on I was exhausted. The tag match was a disorganized mess and New Day's 4-year title reign continues. Corbin vs. Ziggler was the worst match I've seen this year and outside of the "boring" chants, it was the quietest I've heard a crowd this year. The women's match sucked, per usual. While I don't think he's totally ready to be on the main roster yet, I did see some good stuff from Apollo Crews out there. He's got potential.

I decided to start cleaning up early instead of watching the U.S. title match that started way too late and should've been cut. I'm so sick of hearing about Titus O'Neil being a dad. Just because he's a rare black guy that didn't abandon his children, it doesn't mean that we need to keep hearing about him all the time. No one gives a shit that he spends time with his kids. And this isn't just a Father's Day thing. They mention this about him all the time. If he was white, there wouldn't be any mention of him being a dad. The Owens, Jericho, Del Rio backstage stuff was fantastic. Owens is money on the mic and I'm glad Jericho's dumb PG "stupid idiot" insult is getting turned into a catchphrase of sorts. That segment was a hell of a lot better than the dumb Cesaro and Zayn backstage stuff. 

Still don't care much for Ambrose so last night was bleh for me. Really hated how they essentially spoiled things on Raw and in the opening promo package about Ambrose cashing in.

Also, weird complaint alert: don't really like Rollins' new look with the bare arms and jet black hair. He used to look unique and now looks like just another dude. Also would like to point out that his tights really look like the tights Triple H would wear back in the day. 

Do you think they put the title on Ambrose cause he is the most over between the 3 of them and the WWE freaked over the really low ratings last week? 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

The way Reigns dominated the match early-on and was talking smack, it was as if he was the heel. I mean he should definitely be a heel but seeing as how he is technically a face, the booking felt weird. Rollins victory wasn't totally clean either. Reigns had the match won when the ref was down. 

1. Someone is poor at picking up on obvious story cues

2. That's ambiguous. The ref wasn't down, it was just a slow count, and Seth kicked out, so there's no telling if he would've lost there. The ref was also only down because Reigns bumped him to set up his finish--if he hadn't bumped the ref, he may not have hit the spear to begin with. Also he had gotten pretty much a lengthy rest break on the outside while the doctors pushed Rollins away. Absolutely a clean win. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Just because he's a rare black guy that didn't abandon his children, 

1428446575343.gif

4 hours ago, chicago_animal said:

Do you think they put the title on Ambrose cause he is the most over between the 3 of them and the WWE freaked over the really low ratings last week? 

Nah they did it because it's the easiest way to set up the triple threat at Summerslam.  Now Seth and Roman both have claim to a rematch.  Boom done.

Honestly I think Seth is more over than Dean.

32 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Nah they did it because it's the easiest way to set up the triple threat at Summerslam.  Now Seth and Roman both have claim to a rematch.  Boom done.

Honestly I think Seth is more over than Dean.

I think as a face Dean is more over as he got more of a pop then Rollins did when winning. 

I think it's relatively close between the two. Seth's got being A) fresh as a face, and B) the fact that he actually wins important matches going for him, while Ambrose has been stuck in goofy angles as a wacky face who never wins big matches for years. I think in a triple threat, most people in the crowd are pulling for Dean. 

And let's be real, the pops weren't far apart. You had fan favorite Dean finally winning the title after everybody had pretty much given up hope that the company would ever pull the trigger on them (and maybe they still won't, but a title win is huge nonetheless) and Rollins, who last year needed help to win almost all of his matches, giving Roman Reigns his first ever clean loss over three years into his career--and everybody loves a redemption story. The significance of Roman needing to beat Rollins to prove himself "the guy" and losing is pretty hugely significant for both guys going forward. 

I just watched the endend of the match but I read that Reigns was acting more of a heel towardstowards Rollins and Rollins didn't have any kind of heel tendencies. 

30 minutes ago, chicago_animal said:

I just watched the endend of the match but I read that Reigns was acting more of a heel towardstowards Rollins and Rollins didn't have any kind of heel tendencies. 

Correct. The match was absolutely worked like a double turn. Only thing missing was Roman going full heel afterward.