Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Should We Ban Harty & DarkDragon?

Harty And DD: Stay Or Go?   18 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Harty And DD: Stay Or Go?

    • Keep DD, but get rid of Harty
      7
    • Keep Harty, but get rid of DD
      1
    • Get rid of them both
      6
    • Keep them both
      4

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

249 posts in this topic

 

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

Also DD, I wouldn't being saying that about the person you've been messaging. 

Meh. I made a joke and that was about it. I dont wanna turn against you and I wont but this is all a response to those who are grouping us together. I dont share the same political views as you btw, that would be dumb for 2 people to share the same exact views

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even before I mentioned anything political, I got accused of trolling because I wanted to discuss the "business side of music" and no one here wanted to go there. I think I also got scolded for asking personal questions and I stopped that a long time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't really know Harty so can't say, but I can say at least DD posts some good music from time to time.  He's probably the most active member here when it comes to the bands to know forum.  

Have they specifically broken any written rules?  If so then it would seem appropriate action should be taken.  If not, then maybe the stuff that has been offending everyone should be written into the rules and they would have to abide by the new rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a non issue since only the owner (who I already talked to) can ban people, not the mods. The mod felt the need to start this thread for whatever personal reasons. If said mod has an axe to grind, well thats his/her problem/issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DarkDragon said:

Its a non issue since only the owner (who I already talked to) can ban people, not the mods. The mod felt the need to start this thread for whatever personal reasons. Said mod has an axe to grind, well thats his/her problem.

Maybe the mods have an axe to grind because you make it almost a daily point to harass and troll one of them.

This shit is inexcusable.  Harty is one thing, but DD is a certified troll who we've fed and given into for far too long.  On any other forum he'd have been banned years ago but here he's been allowed to thrive and pester and irritate to the point where he's helped to drive off at least one member and may just drive off another one any day now.  I've fucking had it.  Ban this asshole.  He is a cancer on this board, he is a pathetic waste of bandwidth.  And if you think that's harsh, shut the fuck up, because he's said worse a dozen times.

I'm sick of it.  I'm sick of his shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DarkDragon said:

Its a non issue since only the owner (who I already talked to) can ban people, not the mods. The mod felt the need to start this thread for whatever personal reasons. If said mod has an axe to grind, well thats his/her problem/issue.

DD, I should let you know that I am not a mod. I'm an admin. I should also let you know that this thread has officially been upgraded from "curious experiment" to "serious deliberation".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tilley said:

Don't really know Harty so can't say, but I can say at least DD posts some good music from time to time.  He's probably the most active member here when it comes to the bands to know forum.  

Have they specifically broken any written rules?  If so then it would seem appropriate action should be taken.  If not, then maybe the stuff that has been offending everyone should be written into the rules and they would have to abide by the new rules. 

Tilley, it's not about rules. It's about continual problems with the community. I realize there are some people who maybe don't interact with Harty or DD as much as others (or indeed the forum in general) so they don't have a problem or don't see a problem, but for the people who are regular posters who are here to have a good time or to have serious discussion, it is frustrating to have people who continually push buttons like they so often do. And I refuse to accept "they spark discussion" as a defense when half of the discussion they spark is miserable for the people involved.

Should we have to wait for one of them to do something truly awful to boot them from the community? Should we just ignore them and hope they go away? Or should we just cut the cord on them and carry on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're right. Why wait for a real reason to ban someone when you can ban them for having a different opinion. Because those aren't allowed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tilley said:

I went and read through some of the comments in the Orlando shooting thread.  I can see why people are upset.  

Thanks for understanding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brad said:

You're right. Why wait for a real reason to ban someone when you can ban them for having a different opinion. Because those aren't allowed

Brad, there's a difference between having a different opinion and having a mindset that is toxic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pen said:

Brad, there's a difference between having a different opinion and having a mindset that is toxic. 

Thinking guns are a good thing and that bad people will do whatever they want regardless of what we do? That's toxic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Brad said:

Thinking guns are a good thing and that bad people will do whatever they want regardless of what we do? That's toxic? 

I'm talking in general, not one specific instance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm updating the title of the thread in case there are some people who don't realize the decision being made in here and want to cast a vote, but I'll be honest, so far it's not looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pen said:

I'm talking in general, not one specific instance.

Outside of politcal debates which are toxic in general, what else have I done?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Brad said:

Outside of politcal debates which are toxic in general, what else have I done?

Every debate with you is the same, Harty. I'm struggling to think of any conversation you've been involved in that hasn't been Harty vs. everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pen said:

Every debate with you is the same, Harty. I'm struggling to think of any conversation you've been involved in that hasn't been Harty vs. everyone else.

Oh no that's our fault Pen.  We've conspired for like ten years to always twist his words and make him look like an idiot.  You know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pen said:

I'm updating the title of the thread in case there are some people who don't realize the decision being made in here and want to cast a vote, but I'll be honest, so far it's not looking good.

Gee, youre making threats now ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DarkDragon said:

Gee, youre making threats now ?

If you think this is just a threat, you've sorely underestimated what's happening here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, pen said:

If you think this is just a threat, you've sorely underestimated what's happening here.

You're just waiting for me to slip up 1 last time so you can deliver the final killing blow against me. If you and your buddies were a bit smarter perhaps you could figure out a way to cause me to snap and seal my demise. So far I'm not falling for your trap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.