Should We Ban Harty & DarkDragon?

Harty And DD: Stay Or Go?   18 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Harty And DD: Stay Or Go?

• Keep DD, but get rid of Harty
    • Keep Harty, but get rid of DD
    • Get rid of them both
    • Keep them both

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

249 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Nixon said:

what is this about?

Every goddamn time Meg Myers is brought up, for any reason, Jmg is on the scene with some new way of expressing how much he wants to fuck her. If it was once or twice, it'd be like "yeah, okay pal". But with her popularity, and with Music Madness going on (where she's performing exceptionally well), half the dude's posts are stuff like  "the things I'd let her do to me" and "so hot, want to touch the hiney". It's so pervasive that one kind of dreads Myers coming up in a topic because we have to watch Jmg drool over her. It's not a HUGE deal--I was half-joking when I asked if we could ban him in the other thread that started all this--but when a rare female user complains about his comments being gross and his response is to double down on said gross comments, I think it'd do everybody some good if someone gave him  a talking to. 

And his apparent adolescence pen pointed out does make it worse, because nobody wants to hear about what some 14 year old is beating off to. 

There is a "warn" function that disables posting for a certain amount of time. Or it can be set to accumulate so that X number of warnings triggers suspensions.

I do suggest doing a clear-cut rules of the forum that for instance specifically bans hate speech, sexual harassment, personal attacks, etc that outlines a policy for each. That way nobody can bitch or moan if they are suspended/warned/banned.

I'm sure pen will give me a fair shake too when he talks to Nixon about this, but I thought I'd come to my own defense after Ruiner continues to lie about me.

Nixon-if you go to the acoustic thread, I posted 2 light-hearted and funny videos (1 of which was about Myers' attractiveness and the other about her crazy hand movements) in response to someone posting a video of her. These videos were in no way meant to be negative, but simply humorous. No one else had commented negatively towards the videos except Ruiner, which started the derailment of the thread. Had he not unjustly brought it up, the thread would've continued on fine and everyone would've gotten a nice chuckle out of the funny videos I posted.

I agree with those who have posted in my defense, in that I have been unfairly maligned by a few members (Ruiner and Andrew) because I do not share their opinions. I am not sure why Jamie wants me banned when he says that he finds my posts to be humorous. The issue of my so-called "trolling" stems from my posts not falling directly in line with a select few's opinions.

I have never broken any board rules. If there was a board rule that no one could comment on an artist's attractiveness, then I would stop. But I find it to be a bit hypocritical, when reading through this thread, I see that Andrew posted a picture of a model in a thread that you all started about female attractiveness and the model felt it necessary to ask that her picture be taken down because of the "slimy" comments being posted about her. I fail to see how that kind of behavior is allowed while my is frowned upon.

I will accept whatever decision Nixon and pen come to, but I feel it would lessen the credibility of the board if I was banned not for my actions, but simply because Andrew and Ruiner(a troll himself) don't like me.

10 minutes ago, Vigo said:

There is a "warn" function that disables posting for a certain amount of time. Or it can be set to accumulate so that X number of warnings triggers suspensions.

I do suggest doing a clear-cut rules of the forum that for instance specifically bans hate speech, sexual harassment, personal attacks, etc that outlines a policy for each. That way nobody can bitch or moan if they are suspended/warned/banned.

There definitely needs to be rules,  so like you said people know what they're in trouble for and also so there can be nothing that resembles favoritism going on.  

Upon registration you have to click a box saying you agree to the terms of use:

Terms of Use said:

A use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).

So I guess the clarification needed is a table of resulting action for violations.

10 minutes ago, jmg05005 said:

Andrew posted a picture of a model in a thread that you all started about female attractiveness and the model felt it necessary to ask that her picture be taken down because of the "slimy" comments being posted about her. I fail to see how that kind of behavior is allowed while my is frowned upon.

We have a hot woman tournament on this site. Some no-name model who was Googling her name messaged the site owner to take her pics down. Apparently someone who models for a living doesn't want people to talk about the one thing she is known for. There are a million other hot woman ranks/tournaments on much higher profile websites than this little forum and if that girl was in any way relevant, she'd be listed on those sites and wouldn't try to feel important by bothering us. There is nothing wrong with our Miss TuneLab tournament.

Just now, Mike said:

We have a hot woman tournament on this site. Some no-name model who was Googling her name messaged the site owner to take her pics down. Apparently someone who models for a living doesn't want people to talk about the one thing she is known for. There are a million other hot woman ranks/tournaments on much higher profile websites than this little forum and if that girl was in any way relevant, she'd be listed on those sites and wouldn't try to feel important by bothering us. There is nothing wrong with our Miss TuneLab tournament.

Sorry, but I don't see how my posts are any worse than a "hot woman tournament." They both objectify women, and if I'm to be punished for commenting on Meg Myers attractiveness, than the hot woman tournament should be discontinued as well.

15 minutes ago, jmg05005 said:

I'm sure pen will give me a fair shake too when he talks to Nixon about this, but I thought I'd come to my own defense after Ruiner continues to lie about me.

Nixon-if you go to the acoustic thread, I posted 2 light-hearted and funny videos (1 of which was about Myers' attractiveness and the other about her crazy hand movements) in response to someone posting a video of her. These videos were in no way meant to be negative, but simply humorous. No one else had commented negatively towards the videos except Ruiner, which started the derailment of the thread. Had he not unjustly brought it up, the thread would've continued on fine and everyone would've gotten a nice chuckle out of the funny videos I posted.

I agree with those who have posted in my defense, in that I have been unfairly maligned by a few members (Ruiner and Andrew) because I do not share their opinions. I am not sure why Jamie wants me banned when he says that he finds my posts to be humorous. The issue of my so-called "trolling" stems from my posts not falling directly in line with a select few's opinions.

I have never broken any board rules. If there was a board rule that no one could comment on an artist's attractiveness, then I would stop. But I find it to be a bit hypocritical, when reading through this thread, I see that Andrew posted a picture of a model in a thread that you all started about female attractiveness and the model felt it necessary to ask that her picture be taken down because of the "slimy" comments being posted about her. I fail to see how that kind of behavior is allowed while my is frowned upon.

I will accept whatever decision Nixon and pen come to, but I feel it would lessen the credibility of the board if I was banned not for my actions, but simply because Andrew and Ruiner(a troll himself) don't like me.

It wasn't just "someone" that posted the Meg Myers it was Dylan.  And if you think Jamie wants you banned you need to reread his post.  His issue is that other members were recently banned for doing similar things that you have been doing.  

7 minutes ago, Vigo said:

So I guess the clarification needed is a table of resulting action for violations.

Would the copyright thing mean you can't post YouTube videos?  

Anybody else get a kick out of Jmg's lawyer voice he uses when people call him on shit? I also like him calling main cast members who have been here many years longer than he, trolls. 

Also, dude, it's not like you posted one video ever. You talk about how much you want to fuck her in every single topic she's mentioned in, again, to the point that members who don't even post that often have complained. And yes, it's possible to admire a woman's looks without talking about her like a sex object. There's a world of difference between "She's absolutely gorgeous" and "I want her to use my dick as dental floss". It's a difference you should definitely learn, because this is going to be a much bigger issue if you bring your slobbery comments to the Miss Tunelab threads. 

47 minutes ago, Tilley said:

Would the copyright thing mean you can't post YouTube videos?  

No, that would mean you can't download a youtube video and then re-host it here as your own. Anything fair use (which includes embedding content that's intended to be embedded) wouldn't be a copyright issue.

13 hours ago, jmg05005 said:

I feel it would lessen the credibility of the board if I was banned not for my actions, but simply because Andrew and Ruiner(a troll himself) don't like me.

Listen kid. You need to grow up a little. I don't know how old you really are, but I'd like to hope that on some level you realize that you're being obnoxious and that your commentary is immature and that is what is irritating people. Instead of using time trying to defend yourself, why not use time to figure out how you can reinvent yourself?

13 hours ago, jmg05005 said:

But I find it to be a bit hypocritical, when reading through this thread, I see that Andrew posted a picture of a model in a thread that you all started about female attractiveness and the model felt it necessary to ask that her picture be taken down because of the "slimy" comments being posted about her. I fail to see how that kind of behavior is allowed while my is frowned upon.

This is almost a good point, because I think there was some kind of conversation in the past about whether certain forumers were comfortable with the tournament or not, but I can't find the thread where it happened and I don't have the time, patience, or inclination to hunt further.

However, and Ruiner already pointed this out, there is a clear-cut difference between having this tournament that celebrates women where we can discuss them with tact and care vs. giving very blatant hornball commentary. Assuming we're having this tournament, I hope that you are able to keep in control.

13 hours ago, Vigo said:

I actually didn't even realize we had all that in our terms of use, which is interesting. I dunno how Nixon feels about all this but personally I don't know that I want to set an official table with violations and resulting punishments because I think a lot of it should just be common sense and I also feel like each scenario should be taken on a case-by-case basis. That being said, I'm game for whatever will make the most sense to everyone.

8 hours ago, pen said:

This is almost a good point, because I think there was some kind of conversation in the past about whether certain forumers were comfortable with the tournament or not, but I can't find the thread where it happened and I don't have the time, patience, or inclination to hunt further.

However, and Ruiner already pointed this out, there is a clear-cut difference between having this tournament that celebrates women where we can discuss them with tact and care vs. giving very blatant hornball commentary. Assuming we're having this tournament, I hope that you are able to keep in control.

I think it was more an argument over I think it was Lucas and Harty shitting all over one girl who was beating somebody they liked, and Andrew was retaliating somehow because of how disrespectful their comments were, and they retorted that the entire tournament was disrespectful and there was nothing wrong with saying things like "she looks like a drug addict". 

10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I think it was more an argument over I think it was Lucas and Harty shitting all over one girl who was beating somebody they liked, and Andrew was retaliating somehow because of how disrespectful their comments were, and they retorted that the entire tournament was disrespectful and there was nothing wrong with saying things like "she looks like a drug addict". 

Man, I forgot how much of a baby Lucas can be. 

I don't remember any awful talk from past tournaments but that could be because all I really remember is DD telling me to come out of the closet. 

1 hour ago, breanna. said:

I don't remember any awful talk from past tournaments but that could be because all I really remember is DD telling me to come out of the closet. 

Wait, what? When did this happen?

On 6/3/2014 at 3:09 PM, DarkDragon said:

Breanna when are you going to come out of the closet? You of course don't have to tell us if you are gay but I think some people are wondering.

Huh. Well then, that's just a perfect example of what I said in other places about DD asking incredibly inappropriate and personal questions because the dude has no filter.

I think before DD can be allowed to come back, we should be required to find out his first name and where he works. He asks personal questions all the time and we should be allowed to find out the two most basic questions about a person that he is terrified to reveal for some reason.