Should We Ban Harty & DarkDragon?

Harty And DD: Stay Or Go?   18 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Harty And DD: Stay Or Go?

• Keep DD, but get rid of Harty
    • Keep Harty, but get rid of DD
    • Get rid of them both
    • Keep them both

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

249 posts in this topic

I'm doing this more out of curiosity than anything, but lately questions have come up about these two and why they're here, and since we did a poll to allow their return, it's only fair we have a poll to discuss if they should stay.

Hate speech should go. Constant trolling should go. Continually hijacking threads with attempts to promote extremist ideologies should go. 

All of those things should still result in banning even if they otherwise contributed something of value to other conversations, but neither of them do.

I've made my stance clear on DD. He contributes nothing. It's time to move on.

Harty is more of a grey area for me usually but his thoughtlessness and blatant hatred in the wake of tragedy has really left a sour taste in my mouth. He's not the kind of person I'd want in my neighborhood so I don't know why I'd want him in my message board. You can have differing views without being hateful and inciting, but I don't think Brad has it in him. Think it's time he goes too.

If that makes the board more "boring" I am willing to take that risk. Right now the board is almost intolerable to me.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I've made my stance clear on DD. He contributes nothing. It's time to move on.

Bullshit. I contribute lots of music and movie discussion. Sounds like you are butthurt because I dissed you so many times. Get over it and grow a pair.

20 minutes ago, DarkDragon said:

Bullshit. I contribute lots of music and movie discussion. Sounds like you are butthurt because I dissed you so many times. Get over it and grow a pair.

Hey thanks for proving my point.

I already talked to the owner of this site and he told me what the deal is. He's the only one who can ban people. I may just leave on my own accord however.

I disagree with what both say a lot...but I still go with the stance that this community is small enough as it is, and if anything, both of them get quite a bit of discussion going. May not always be positive, but it gets the community talking.

15 hours ago, Vigo said:

Hate speech should go. Constant trolling should go. Continually hijacking threads with attempts to promote extremist ideologies should go. 

All of those things should still result in banning even if they otherwise contributed something of value to other conversations, but neither of them do.

Yeah cuz me having a strong hatred for radical islam is hate speech. Honestly at this point I wouldn't miss any of you. You guys are so narrow minded and shut off from reality it's scary. I've gotten to the point where I have to ignore things that are said because they aren't even remotely true to what I say. Even when you guys quote me it's not even close to what I said and you all are like look he said it. I've been labeled as racist, homophobic, anti-islamic, a trump supporter, a bigot, whatever else you can think of. Yet none of you have ever had a valid quote from me that gives truth to these. And once again you guys will bring up examples but only without the context of the conversation. You guys are as bad as the media. I can say 100 words but you'll take 5 and make it seem like that was what I said

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yeah cuz me having a strong hatred for radical islam is hate speech. Honestly at this point I wouldn't miss any of you. You guys are so narrow minded and shut off from reality it's scary. I've gotten to the point where I have to ignore things that are said because they aren't even remotely true to what I say. Even when you guys quote me it's not even close to what I said and you all are like look he said it. I've been labeled as racist, homophobic, anti-islamic, a trump supporter, a bigot, whatever else you can think of. Yet none of you have ever had a valid quote from me that gives truth to these. And once again you guys will bring up examples but only without the context of the conversation. You guys are as bad as the media. I can say 100 words but you'll take 5 and make it seem like that was what I said

In that case, why don't you save us all the effort and just see yourself out?

26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

In that case, why don't you save us all the effort and just see yourself out?

Out of boredom. And because I fought so hard to get back after Jay banned me for no reason

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I've been labeled as a trump supporter

I've never said this until now but I've always felt it when reading the election thread. From the many positive things you say about him, it's clear that you're voting for Trump. But occasionally you'll throw in a random "Trump is an idiot" to try to hide the fact that you're voting for him. I wish you'd just have the balls to admit that you are going to vote for the guy because clearly you are. I'm not voting but I've openly admitted that if I were voting, I'd vote for Trump. I wish you'd do the same. And I'm sure you'll dismiss you defending him as you playing devil's advocate (like you do frequently) but I just want to say that you're not fooling me and I'm guessing you're not fooling anyone else either.

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Yeah cuz me having a strong hatred for radical islam is hate speech. 

Oh, so this is the part where you try and convince everyone you were only talking about radical Islam now that you fear being banned again? Despite me, Matt, and Andrew (and others) all at some point the last several days pointing out that you were wrongfully portraying the entire religion as something only some extremists are, and you reaffirming several times that their desire to destroy us all and to kill all the time was in fact a tenant of the entire religion and rooted in thousands of years of war and blah, blah, blah. Your hate speech has been quoted and tagged for you several times, and they are your statements regarding the entire religion. They are not taken out of context. Nobody's buying your BS.

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Out of boredom. And because I fought so hard to get back after Jay banned me for no reason

Which time was that? The time after you ranted against immigrants and other people who lived in low income housing that you said were basically the scum of the earth? The time you said that gay people didn't deserve equal treatment under the law because freedom of religion trumps their "choice" of being gay, and that religion was a perfectly valid reason to discriminate against them in any way, to include saying that even restaurants should be able to refuse service to someone just for being gay? Or was it the time you said you were happy that Zimmerman was found not guilty because you were sick and tired of how black people were acting and they had it coming? Or when you advocated for violence against protestors in Ferguson because they were only protesting because they were "of a certain culture" and being manipulated by Al Sharpton?

Which one of those times was the one where you were banned for no reason? Or were they all a total coincidence?

4 hours ago, Paul said:

I disagree with what both say a lot...but I still go with the stance that this community is small enough as it is, and if anything, both of them get quite a bit of discussion going. May not always be positive, but it gets the community talking.

i feel like this is detrimental thinking. We're not a ship desperate for crew members and even if we are, we shouldn't be so desperate that we allow just anybody to be around. If someone is causing conflict on a regular basis, it doesn't make sense to keep them.

5 hours ago, DarkDragon said:

I already talked to the owner of this site and he told me what the deal is.

I'm going to assume you mean Nixon. If that's the case, what's "the deal" as you put it?

OK first of all Mike, you're an idiot. I align very little with Trump. The only thing I like about him is that he is spending his own money. Aside from that I can't really think of a whole like I like about him. I've said on multiple occasions I'd rather vote for a burrito. 

16 hours ago, Vigo said:

Oh, so this is the part where you try and convince everyone you were only talking about radical Islam now that you fear being banned again? Despite me, Matt, and Andrew (and others) all at some point the last several days pointing out that you were wrongfully portraying the entire religion as something only some extremists are, and you reaffirming several times that their desire to destroy us all and to kill all the time was in fact a tenant of the entire religion and rooted in thousands of years of war and blah, blah, blah. Your hate speech has been quoted and tagged for you several times, and they are your statements regarding the entire religion. They are not taken out of context. Nobody's buying your BS.

Which time was that? The time after you ranted against immigrants and other people who lived in low income housing that you said were basically the scum of the earth? The time you said that gay people didn't deserve equal treatment under the law because freedom of religion trumps their "choice" of being gay, and that religion was a perfectly valid reason to discriminate against them in any way, to include saying that even restaurants should be able to refuse service to someone just for being gay? Or was it the time you said you were happy that Zimmerman was found not guilty because you were sick and tired of how black people were acting and they had it coming? Or when you advocated for violence against protestors in Ferguson because they were only protesting because they were "of a certain culture" and being manipulated by Al Sharpton?

Which one of those times was the one where you were banned for no reason? Or were they all a total coincidence?

Pretty sure when we are talking about radical thinking, I don't need to specify I am not talking about the whole religion. But I guess I need to spell everything out every time I say something to avoid the idiotic assumptions you guys make about me.

My rant against immigrants was out of fury for them burning the flag. My rant came out wrong because I was so pissed I never stopped to think about what I had said when I hit submit. 

I'm pretty sure I never said they were scum of the earth. I hate that people are allowed to live off free government money without a single contribution but I'm definitely not the only that thinks that. I'm not sure how that makes me a hateful person for me to think everyone should contribute. Did you know we are at almost an all time low in labor contribution? I think it's something like 61% of people over 16 have jobs. I get that there will always be stay at home parents but almost half of our country not working is some bull shit.

I never said they didn't deserve equal treatment or that religion trumps them being gay (not sure why you put that in quotations unless this is another one of your take what I say and twist it moments). I did say that I don't believe people should be forced to participate in gay weddings if they don't believe in them. That's not the same thing. I like how you guys keep assuming I'm super religious person when I've said probably a hundred times I'm not. I think everyone should be free to their opinions, believes and ways and as long as you aren't hurting anyone that should be fine. It's not like a gay couple won't be able to find someone who will make a cake. If 1 person won't there are probably 15 who will. 

Also I never once said that restaurants should be able to refuse service. I very specifically said multiple times (because none of you seemed to get it) that I did not support restaurants denying people.

I never said I was happy Zimmerman was found innocent. I actually seem to remember saying the only  reason he got off was because they went after the wrong charge. I definitely did not say they had it coming. 

I'd like to see the quote where I advocated for violence against protesters in Ferguson. As much as I thought it was a fairly pathetic scene I don't seem to remember saying violence against them was alright. I do hate AL Sharpton. I think he does way more harm than good. He wants to promote equality yet only speaks in occasions of white on black crime. He never speaks for victims of black on black or black on white. 

So thank you for proving my point. Nearly everything you pointed out was either complete BS or a twist of what I said. The gay couple thing still blows my mind because I had to repeat myself so many fucking times I couldn't believe you guys were still saying I was against gay weddings and couples. 

The difference between me and harty is as of his very minute he still keeps trying to hammer his politcal beliefs on people who do not share his beliefs, and I have basically decided to wave the white flag and have no interest anymore in discussing anything political with the majority on here. He cant seem to help himself and at least I know when to stop and when enough is enough.

Its like dude, there are lots of liberals here and of course they are going to say your conservative beliefs are "wrong" or "racist." Just forget it and move on already. People cant change other people's minds and opinions, they are already made up. If you're so hell bent on discussing it then go to a conservative/right wing forum where you'll fit right in. Its not worth all the agrivation.

Really dd? Pretty sure it's a 2 way street. People come in with their anti gun bs slogans and I come back with facts and statistics. I haven't seen any real case against anything I've said yet other than koldes ignoring the fact that bad people ignore laws

You know how the game works. When you're out manned and outgunned its best to throw in the towel rather than bang your head against the wall. Koldes, or any member of the left doesnt want to hear your "facts and statistics" so just forget it, man. You wont convince him and he wont convince you. Its not worth the trouble. Im saying this as someone who has no problem with you but youve been around long enough to know how arguments work between people at opposite end of the political spectrum. Ive seen people who comes with "facts" make jokes about how "facts are racist" well  it is what it is and you know how it is. If you wanna keep on "fighting the good fight" so to speak then go ahead but this is where I have to separate myself from you to those who want us both gone.

Funny that no one has ever actually been able to come up with any evidence of me being a bigot other than just claiming I am because I don't align with your views. Outside of one instance which I have claimed many times, you really have no reason to ban me. I mean I guess it really would be the liberal thing to do. If we get rid of all the people who disagree with us that will mean we are right. Because that's how the world works. If you shut your eyes it's all imaginary. Like a baby playing peekaboo. If he can't see you, he thinks your gone. 

I already told you certain people on the left (not all) think "conservative" or 'right wing views' are "racist." You already know this so I dont know why I have to explain it.

I know you dont know who Milo Yiannpolous or Ben Shapiro are but you need to look into them.. They have what some would say "radical conservative views" and certain people on the far left try to protest or ban their speeches on college campuses because they think its "hate speech." THATS THEIR OPINION of course and me personally if you feel a certain way polticlly, Id rather go where I feel more welcome regardless of what my idealology is.