Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koldes

Shooting in Orlando, FL - 50+ have passed away, 50+ more injured

272 posts in this topic

I just posted this in World News but expect that it needs its own thread. If the original reporting is correct, it could be one of the deadliest mass shooting sprees in US history. 

The shooter is dead, named Omar Mateen. US Born, but may be an ISIS sympathizer/radical Muslim. 

http://news.sky.com/story/1710712/orlando-terrorist-attack-gunman-named

http://www.nytimes.com/live/orlando-nightclub-shooting-live-updates/

1 minute ago, nixon said:

Why did you put that?

image.jpeg

In one of the articles I read, it said the government had their eye on him and he was on a list. They just hadn't specifically targeted him. I also specifically put "may be"

I'll gladly admit if I'm wrong, but I'll just go ahead and say his views on gays was influenced by a certain ideology. I doubt the FBI was tracking him for no reason, but I'll take that "this has nothing to do with religion" into consideration. 

17 minutes ago, xeph said:

Reminder if you're praying for the victims of this horrific crime, also pray for the end of this country's sick addiction to guns

Yeah cuz our love of guns caused a radical Muslim to kill gay people. That's how that works

I can't wait till Trump gets in office so we can have stricter background checks on these people. If the FBI is keeping an eye on someone, then they're clearly dangerous and should be kicked out of the country. Give them a raft with a bottle of water and send them on their merry way.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I can't wait till Drumpf gets in office so we can have stricter background checks on these people. If the FBI is keeping an eye on someone, then they're clearly dangerous and should be kicked out of the country. Give them a raft with a bottle of water and send them on their merry way.

For all you know the FBI has a million people on their watchlist, Mike, you just never hear about the nice guy working at the library who's never done anything wrong that the FBI keeps an eye on for a string of coincidentally weird Google searches.

Can we at least take a day before we start making political soapboxes out of this, 50 fucking people just died.  Jesus christ this is sickening.

1 hour ago, Koldes said:

In one of the articles I read, it said the government had their eye on him and he was on a list. They just hadn't specifically targeted him. I also specifically put "may be"

I read 2 articles that said Authorities do believe he has ties to the Radical Islam movement. His dad says no but that doesn't mean anything. Some of these terrorist acts in the past had family that didn't know they had ties. 

59 minutes ago, xeph said:

also pray for the end of this country's sick addiction to guns

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

16 minutes ago, Andrew said:

FBI keeps an eye on for a string of coincidentally weird Google searches.

If your Google searches make you seem like an ISIS sympathizer, then you should be sent on your way.

11 minutes ago, chicago_animal said:

I read 2 articles that said Authorities do believe he has ties to the Radical Islam movement.

He called the police and said he was tied to ISIS but I don't believe that. I'm guessing he was just a lone wolf who was inspired by them.

I've seen a lot of media sources running with the report that he called 911 and pledged allegiance to ISIS moments before. They should probably release that recording if so.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

He called the police and said he was tied to ISIS but I don't believe that. I'm guessing he was just a lone wolf who was inspired by them.

But they did say on CNN he was tied to other radicals which is why he was under suspicion by the FBI. I'm guessing just local supporters of ISIS.

Just now, Mike said:

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

And a lot more people kill people with guns in this country than they do in any other country.

This country isn't necessarily addicted to guns but it is unquestionably addicted to violence.  We have become a sickeningly violent and unfeeling country.