Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

(Hed) P.E. - Forever!

9 posts in this topic

I could swear there was a thread about this, but I guess not.

616HLfIbt9L._AC_US500_.jpg

July 22nd

01. "Liv!"
02. "Pay Me"
03. "Closer"
04. "Hurt"
05. "It's You"
06. "Waste"
07. "Jah Know"
08. "One Of A Kind"
09. "The Higher Crown"
10. "Shadowridge"
11. "Together"
12. "Always"

You can vote for the first single at this site below.

http://www.pavementmusic.com/survey/hedpe-new-single/

"Pay Me" is winning by a landslide and I have to say it's what I voted for as it seems the least generic of the lot (although still pretty generic).

8 minutes ago, Tilley said:

I liked New World Orphans, not really that familiar with them.  I remember hearing Broke years ago, but I can't remember anything really standing out.  

Their best albums IMO are Broke, Blackout, Back 2 Base X, and New World Orphans. Everything else has some gems here and there.

On June 8, 2016 at 0:53 AM, jman3000 said:

Me and you are probably the only people on here that listen to them.

Add me to this list. I was a casual fan until I saw them live last year.

On 6/8/2016 at 0:53 AM, jman3000 said:

Me and you are probably the only people on here that listen to them.

I only like 2 of their songs and that's because they played with Breaking Benjamin and Godsmack back in 2003.  #SuckItUp

If I were to give them another go, what singles/tracks should I check out?

21 minutes ago, Kalt said:

I only like 2 of their songs and that's because they played with Breaking Benjamin and Godsmack back in 2003.  #SuckItUp

If I were to give them another go, what singles/tracks should I check out?

I'm not really good at recommending tracks partially because the band tends to dabble in a lot of styles so I don't want to sell them short. "Suck It Up" was from Blackout and that was them at their most commercial so you might dig that album if you want to give them a try.

Otherwise, I'd say New World Orphans is their most standout album from their newest era, but I'm gonna warn you about a couple of things: the band's lyrics have a habit sometimes of getting misogynistic to their detriment, but I feel like if you can put that aside, the rest of what they offer is interesting and entertaining.

That being said, avoid the album Only In Amerika until you are sure you dig the band, because they made that album after getting independent from Jive Records, and let's just say Jahred went a little crazy in terms of expressing his artistic freedom. It's easily their most offensive album and I think, to his credit, Jahred recognizes that he went over the line.

I actually saw the album announcement about a week ago. Hopefully this album is better than the last one, which was mostly forgettable.