NXT Takeover: The End

12 posts in this topic

Picks:

Joe over Balor

Asuka over Jax

Nakamura over Aries

Revival over Alpha

Andrade over Dillinger 

I can see upsets in all of these matches short of the popular-for-some-reason Andrade's debut. With the new direction of Styles/BC, I can see Finn staying in NXT and Joe getting called up instead.

I'd hope to hell they wouldn't put the title on Nia Jax, but they've been pushing her hard enough in this feud that I could buy it happening (which, to their credit, will lead to a much more engaging match than if I thought Asuka was a lock).

I have to figure the loser of Revival/Alpha is getting called up with the brand split, and while the Revival are technically more ready, people are rightfully VERY high on American Alpha and they'd likely make a bigger splash on Raw or Smackdown.

And lastly, I could see them turning Aries heel and cheating to give Naka his first loss, possibly with the help of a Bobby Roode type. Takeovers don't usually have shit finishes like that, but I wouldn't rule it out. 

1 minute ago, nixon said:

you not familiar with La Sombra?

Is that his former name? In that case, no. I haven't heard of LA Sombra or anything to do with Andrade other than I figured he had gotten randomly popular at house shows. 

Andrade: looked good in the ring but I'm not really sold on the whole package. Debuting him against the crazy over Tye Dillinger (who was wrestling his first Takeover) may have hurt his initial impact. 

This was a great PPV. Great matches all around, really not one bad moment. Looks like they wrote off Balor, American Alpha, and possibly Nia Jax. I expect to see American Alpha, Balor, and Bayley on the main roster during the roster split. Some other notes:

Nakamura and Aries were amazing. I liked the tag team match a lot. The double ankle locks spot was awesome. I feel like we're going to have a TNA guys roster with EY, Aries, Joe, and now Roode showing up. Tye Dillinger is extremely over. The new tag team, the Authors of Pain, look pretty insanely giant and look like they could be skyrocketed to main event status in a short time. Andrade's debut was okay, I think it was a bad choice to debut him tonight. He should've debuted on the next episode. He looks like he has some serious talent, though. People were worried about not having wrestlers on the main roster. We just had 3 debut tonight and Roode will cerainly be doing so very soon, and there are plenty more in waiting. I hope they ramp up the women's division with new ladies like Liv Morgan, Peyton Royce, and Aaliyah to name a few of the ones in waiting, that need more TV time. Also, I'm pretty sure that Mojo Rawley will be tag teaming as the Hype Bros with Ryder in the next month now that he is traveling with the main roster. I have a feeling that will happen when the brand split starts. 

6 hours ago, Dylan said:

The end is here... 

I feel like they should've played "The End is Where We Begin" by TFK. Of course they didn't get rights to it. 

Pretty decent show. Tag match was the best, better than their match in Dallas or Seattle and I'm glad to see the better team win. Everything else was pretty good. Maybe Finn will just drift away now, never to be seen again. 

13 hours ago, nixon said:

great card

MOTN was tag match.  They worked this match at the house show I went to last Friday, complete with the same double ankle lock spot.  I thought American Alpha was getting the call-up after dropping the titles, but I'm 99% sure they're gonna keep them around to get the new tag team (with PAUL FUCKIN' ELLERING) over.

Shinsuke/Aries was great, but nowhere near as great as Zayn/Nakumara.  Top notch friggin' selling by Aries though.

Was pleasantly surprised by Nia Jax. Dillinger still rules and Andrade has a bright future.

Main event was about what I expected. So ready for Finn to be gone from NXT and hopefully on to a cooler treatment on the main roster.  Joe rules. 

the end

I really liked the Death Valley driver spot that Aries did to Nakamura. It actually made me cringe.