Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

E3 2016

115 posts in this topic

Well one game that definitely looks like it will live up to the hype.....battlefield. Idk if anyone saw that livestream but holy shit

Just now, pen said:

I need this inside me.

After playing The Wolf Among Us (which I liked), I decided that I wasn't going to play anymore Telltale games. No matter how good the story is, I just get bored with the gameplay. That all changes with this Batman game. I'm gonna be all over that.

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

What are these gimmicks you speak of?

3 minutes ago, TaNbULL said:

Uh, what gimmicks?

Going for better hardware that will make games "run faster and smoother". They are still trying to make themselves look like they care about gamers even though they are way behind the XBox in everything except hardware. 

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Going for better hardware that will make games "run faster and smoother". They are still trying to make themselves look like they care about gamers even though they are way behind the XBox in everything except hardware. 

You do know Microsoft is likely doing the same thing, right? I don't mean with the S model, but a separate, upgraded Xbox One. 

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

Didn't they already say they weren't doing it? Because they wanted to concentrate on software things their consumers want

No, they did not say they weren't doing it. They are releasing a slim model this year, and an upgraded model next year. Here is an article about it.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Harty, you are making no sense at all. 

He really isn't. I wonder if it's not a gimmick now that Microsoft is going to do it as well. 

Also, I don't know why he thinks Sony is behind Microsoft in everything except hardware. 

13 minutes ago, TaNbULL said:

He really isn't. I wonder if it's not a gimmick now that Microsoft is going to do it as well. 

Also, I don't know why he thinks Sony is behind Microsoft in everything except hardware. 

Because he's Harty. 

This looked pretty good but I'm disappointed that it didn't feature the Blade Runner-style world featured in the reveal of the original version of Prey 2. That was the whole reason why I was looking forward to Prey 2 in the first place.

What an absolute shit press conference. If it wasn't for the 2010 kiddy Kinect stuff, this would've probably been the worst Microsoft press conference I've ever seen. They focused entirely on whoring out Xbox Live to a million different platforms in order to cater to a bunch of gamers who don't care about Xbox enough to actually own an Xbox. It was an onslaught of games I didn't care about and the games I do care about weren't shown enough. And the worst offender of all was this "beyond generations" Project Scorpio nonsense. So if Xbox One S is the typical mid-generation console upgrade, then Project Scorpio seems like it's more than that and is the successor to Xbox One. So it appears that consoles are going to be on a shorter, almost cellphone-like upgrade path. $400 every four years now instead of every eight. With the exception of Halo Wars 2, Xbox is so dead to me right now.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

What an absolute shit press conference. If it wasn't for the 2010 kiddy Kinect stuff, this would've probably been the worst Microsoft press conference I've ever seen. They focused entirely on whoring out Xbox Live to a million different platforms in order to cater to a bunch of gamers who don't care about Xbox enough to actually own an Xbox. It was an onslaught of games I didn't care about and the games I do care about weren't shown enough. And the worst offender of all was this "beyond generations" Project Scorpio nonsense. So if Xbox One S is the typical mid-generation console upgrade, then Project Scorpio seems like it's more than that and is the successor to Xbox One. So it appears that consoles are going to be on a shorter, almost cellphone-like upgrade path. $400 every four years now instead of every eight. With the exception of Halo Wars 2, Xbox is so dead to me right now.

Disagree with you. I thought the conference was very good. I like that I can now buy a game once and play on Xbox or PC depending on which room I'm in. 

Scorpio isn't a successor. It's an upgraded system. Every game that comes out will still work on the original Xbox One, from what I gathered. Expanding the player base is a good thing. 

Also, 8 years was an exception. Console cycles were usually 4-5 years. PS1-PS2 was 5 years. Xbox-Xbox 360 was 4 years. Nintendo 64-Gamecube was 5 years. 

Other thoughts...

- Gears 4 looks like the same old Gears. I'm over this series. I'll play it, blow through the achievements and then trade it in. I don't get excited for Gears anymore. It was a boring trailer, only made somewhat interesting by seeing Marcus at the end. The blade gun looks cool.

- So ReCore is coming in September and outside of the BS CG we got like 10 seconds of gameplay in that trailer. Two straight E3s and we know nothing about this game. Meanwhile we get yet another yearly demo of all the Forza games that are exactly the same.

- Custom controllers are a really cool idea

- That game from the creators of Limbo had the most pointless "trailer" I've ever seen. I have no clue why it even aired on the show.

- We Happy Few looks cool (I've known about this game for a while). I'm looking forward to trying it out.

- Dead Rising 4 looks fun but I won't play it cause I know after trying some of these games that it's not for me with some of the stuff they do. But taking an in-game selfie with a zombie looks hilarious.

- Pretty disappointed there wasn't more of Sea of Thieves. I'm more interested in sailing to and exploring islands than doing sea battles but the sea battles did look good with all the teamwork that will be required. I'm hope you're not forced to do PvP stuff. I just want to PvE with friends. And I hope you aren't forced to team up with strangers.

6 minutes ago, TaNbULL said:

1. Expanding the player base is a good thing. 

2. Also, 8 years was an exception. Console cycles were usually 4-5 years. PS1-PS2 was 5 years. Xbox-Xbox 360 was 4 years. Nintendo 64-Gamecube was 5 years.

1. People say this as if you're going to somehow run out of people to play with. Halo Wars came out seven years ago and I still instantly find enough people online to play with every night.

2. Console cycles were quicker when the graphics were rapidly expanding. Graphics are getting noticeable upgrades less frequently which is why there was so much time between the last gen and this one. I feel like the same would've been the case this time as well.

And I am happy that Halo Wars 2 was the last game shown. Finally the forgotten little Halo game that I love so much gets some time in the spotlight. It sucks I have to wait till February to get the full game but it's probably for the best so it doesn't get overshadowed by the heavy hitters of gaming. The trailer was good and I'm downloading the beta now.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

1. People say this as if you're going to somehow run out of people to play with. Halo Wars came out seven years ago and I still instantly find enough people online to play with every night.

2. Console cycles were quicker when the graphics were rapidly expanding. Graphics are getting noticeable upgrades less frequently which is why there was so much time between the last gen and this one. I feel like the same would've been the case this time as well.

They're trying not to split the player bases at all. A larger player base doesn't hurt at all. 

They are upgrading for the 4K/VR revolution that is coming. An upgraded system is needed for that. I'm not saying I'm excited they're releasing an upgraded system, but I can appreciate why they're doing it. 

Still, being able to play on PC and Xbox One with only buying a game once is fucking incredible. Sony has been doing crossbuy for years and I love it. 

Holy crap Mike. How is playing an XBOX and playing with/against people on PC a bad thing? That is something that makes XBOX better to me than PS is doing things that help gamers.