Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

WWE Extreme Rules

38 posts in this topic

Way too lazy to post all of the matches. I'll just get to my picks...

- WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Going with Reigns in this one. Hopefully we can see some straight up wrestling but I doubt it. After the Usos are killed in their match, it'll be interesting to see if Mr. Spoiler is going to come out and help Reigns win.

- Anderson and Gallows vs. The Usos: Going with Anderson and Gallows in what is hopefully a squash.

- Steel cage Asylum match: Ambrose won last PPV so I'm expecting Jericho gets a win this time.

- WWE Intercontinental Championship: Owens is doing great work. I'd like to see him with the win here and then he loses to Zayn in a few months.

- WWE Women's Championship: Charlotte will be winning this clean. Easiest match to pick on the card. And speaking of this match, I hate how Natalya is always smiling during her matches.

- WWE Tag Team Championship: I'm expecting the New Day to win this and then Enzo returns and him and Cass beat up the Vaudevillains and start a feud with them after the match.

- WWE United States Championship: Rusev already had a long and boring U.S. title reign. Hopefully Kalisto wins here. I'll pick Kalisto.

AJ has been such a godsend for Reigns' title reign and setting the direction he's going to take as defending champ. He looks like an absolute fucking monster and it's awesome. 

2 minutes ago, nixon said:

FTFY

Granted. Sami Zayn may be the actual best, but it's the raw feeling that counts. 

The majority of the fans tonight despised Reigns and It seemed like every fan treated Rollins like a returning hero. So naturally Reigns will be the babyface and Rollins will be the heel. Wait, does that make any sense to anyone who doesn’t work for WWE?

I fucking hated the booking of that main event. AJ got like two moves in. It was a 20-minute squash. They might as well have had AJ go through the third table as well. On a funny note, I yelled out "FUCKING ASSHOLE!" when random Uso #2 broke up the pin after the second Styles clash. I haven't gotten that angry watching wrestling in a while. And then Rollins comes back and it's great but then wait it's not Rollins, it's Triple H Jr. doing the pedigree still.

I was pretty disappointed with the opening match. It's hard to believe Gallows and Anderson were a team before cause they didn't have much chemistry with each other out there. I was happy to see the Usos get booed. I saw ninja Ambrose at the beginning of that match and right there I knew what kind of match it was going to be so I skipped through until the tacks came out. It didn't look like I missed much. Jericho's bloody arm was the only thing worth seeing.

I skipped through most of the U.S. title match, only briefly stopping to see a good flurry of moves by Kalisto. As if Rusev's first title run wasn't boring enough, we now get to see it again. I'm not sure why WWE continues to push him. I think they confuse Lana's popularity with his. He's like Marc Mero and she's like Sable.

That I.C. title match probably passes Zayn/Nakamura as my MOTY. Fucking amazing. These four guys have so much chemistry together in and out of the ring and this feud has been awesome to see. I doubt we'll see it again with the big ladder match next month and some of those guys will probably be in that but I'd love to see a rematch at the next PPV. I liked the ending too. Miz sneaking in there to get the win. Adds credibility to the title that it's not changing hands every month.

1 hour ago, nixon said:

I don't see how anyone in their right mind can deny AJ as the best wrestler in the world, but here we are.

I feel like Ruiner just said that to get a reaction out of us. Obviously everyone knew you were rightfully talking about AJ.

1. AJ Styles
2. Sami Zayn
3. Seth Rollins

I'll give Zayn the #2 spot cause Rollins has been out but Rollins might be the rightful #2.

AJ has spent four months working with people who aren't as good as him in the ring. It's time he feuds with someone who is close to an equal to his in the ring. I just have no clue who that is as long as he's still with the Club. I'm assuming they'll turn on him tomorrow night maybe.

I'm with Mike, didn't really like seeing Styles get dominated all match. They have treated them as pretty much equals the entire fued, including the PPV match last month, but tonight it looked like a Lesnar vs ____ match. They saved face a little by letting AJ go crazy with a chair at the end but still, would have liked more offense from him. And while Rollins being back makes me happy, it does suck that he is indeed Triple H Jr. using that stupid pedigree and I also got a feeling he's gonna be a face, which is meh. But overall the ending makes me sad because I realize Rollins being back essentially pushes AJ back to the mid card ranks. I hope he showed Vince enough to let him win the briefcase and get a little transitional title run at least before he retires. 

So I was just looking through the roster on WWE.com to try to figure out where AJ goes from here. And outside of him facing one of the boring League of Nations people, there's only one feud I can see happening coming up soon and I think you people are gonna like it...

Spoiler

Untitled.png

8 hours ago, Mike said:

So I was just looking through the roster on WWE.com to try to figure out where AJ goes from here. And outside of him facing one of the boring League of Nations people, there's only one feud I can see happening coming up soon and I think you people are gonna like it...

Hide contents

Untitled.png

While there is a level of intrigue there, it'd be pretty stupid to bring Wyatt back as a heel after he just caught fire as a face. I think there's three better possibilities:

John_Cena_bio.png

Bullet-CLub-NXT-Finn-BAlor-e145348587290

randy-orton.jpg

8 hours ago, Mike said:

I feel like Ruiner just said that to get a reaction out of us. Obviously everyone knew you were rightfully talking about AJ.

I was, but I don't feel like my initial comment was out of line because I didn't say "best wrestler" and both Rollins and especially Zayn are much much better at talking and character work. 

I don't like any of those options, even my own. I don't want Wyatt dragging down AJ like he does with everyone he feuds with. A Cena feud will only end up with multiple losses. Only the mighty Alberto Del Rio can beat Cena clean. Orton would get cheered over AJ so that would only work if they're making AJ heel. And AJ isn't over enough yet to be feuding with someone else new like Balor. I feel like the crowd wouldn't really be into it.

I've got it figured out. AJ vs. Miz. AJ wins the I.C. title and there's a solid mid-card title picture right now so it would hopefully lead to a bunch of great matches and feuds. I'd rather AJ win as a mid-carder for a while then continue to lose every month as a main eventer. He can slowly build himself up and then become a legit main eventer instead of turning into Dean Ambrose 2.0 and lose to everyone relevant.

Orton wouldn't get cheered over him if he came back as a heel, which he should absolutely do because there's a shortage of heels and he's a horrible face. 

I don't think it's crazy to assume they'd let Styles get a win on Cena. They're clearly high on him and Cena's now fully moved out of his top spot now that Roman's big title reign has started. Just last year he lost two matches clean and nearly lost two others before interference to Adrian Neville and Cesaro. 

Styles v. Cena would be insaaaaaneeeee.  Even more if they actually let Styles get some wins, which I think they have to given he's lost three straight PPVs.

So I thought it was a pretty decent PPV. 

- BC/Usos was pretty underwhelming, if only because of the length. It seemed like they went to the finish just as it got going. But still, okay match. 

- Rusev/Kalisto was pretty good. Rusev deserves to be built back up so I'm not unhappy to see him win but it is unfortunate that Kalisto's title reign wasn't more than it was, given how over he was at the start. They do need to get Rusev away from Lana and eventually turn him face. Maybe bringing back the open challenge would be a start in that direction... 

- New Day/VV was a standard uneventful New Day title defense. I think the Vaudevillains have shown enough to warrant a more prominent role and maybe a longer, more serious rematch next month. They could've given some of the extra time to this instead of the Asylum match. 

- I need to watch it again with a clearer mind, but I love love loved the IC title match the first time I saw it. I'm glad they got so much time, I don't think I've ever bought so many false finishes in a fatal four way before. Definitely best main roster match of the year, possibly the best company-wide. 

- the Asylum match was way too long and kind of plodding early on, but it did get good near the end when the more extreme weapons were actually used--I was shocked they actually paid off the thumbtacks as well as they did, and it made the tameness of the lame-ass street fight at Wrestlemania more confusing. I could do without the blatantly gimmicked barbwire that magically doesn't tear fabric or skin, though. Just leave it out and use something more realistic looking like a fake crowbar or lead pipe. And I'm very very happy Ambrose didn't go under Jericho. 

- missed the women's match, but I heard it was mediocre so I won't be going back to see it. 

- I thought the main event was terrific until the final act when the questionable booking started. Roman has never looked better than he did in that match. He actually got "you still suck" chants, which is a good-spirited acknowledgement that you did something really cool. But the pointless interference that ultimately accomplished nothing in the match other than the Uso preventing Styles from getting a clean win in a move that explicitly paints Roman as a heel who lucked out of losing the title. 

- I haven't missed anyone's presence in WWE more than Seth Rollins, and I don't even watch Raw. Praise be unto the returning Lord Rollins, and may he find a prosperous new finisher ASAP.