Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jman3000

What happened to Janus?

36 posts in this topic

I was listening to a random list of music today and Janus came up and I was like, wow where have they been? Anybody know? They haven't posted anything since 2 years ago and it still says they are together on the sites, but they are outdated.

I feel like I asked this question in a thread somewhere but I can't seem to find it right now.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, maybe it was during a podcast? Cause I remember mentioning Janus to Jay and him saying that the band was done, but I can't find a thread anywhere, and now that I think about it, it might've just been something we talked about to each other. But I could be hallucinating this, my memory is weird.

Last time I've heard from them, they were getting started on some new material...two years ago. Hoping somewhere this year, we'll finally get some news from them.

I'm glad I got to see them a few times but I wish it wasn't at a festival each time. Their music did not translate well to that atmosphere. 

They're not together at the moment. Drummer and last bassist are in their own projects, and I'm not sure what the singer and guitarist are up to these days.

I was just listening to 'Eye Sore' the other day and thought about this same thing. It's too bad. I'm glad I got to meet them all here in ME a few years ago. 

I actually helped them park there tour van for the new york show with chevelle.also my buddy and i just walked in woth them when the venue wasnt open. Also met chvelle that night. 

Amazing show.

i really wish they would put out another album.

On April 29, 2016 at 0:56 PM, EchoX860 said:

Spent the better part an hour looking up their vocalist and found nothing

I have done that very thing in the past my friend.

with no luck...

I was listening to them earlier today. :)

I'm old enough now to just assume a band has parted ways if they're not active on social media.

8 hours ago, Kalt said:

I'm old enough now to just assume a band has parted ways if they're not active on social media.

Haha yup, that's pretty damn accurate. 

Unfortunately, I've gotta go with Kalt's theory. Although, I have seen some bands abandon social media for awhile and come back randomly. So, I wouldn't count them out completely. It's really weird that they made no announcement, but I've seen other bands do this as well.  

Same thing happened with awaken the empire. They were really active on Facebook,  released an album opened for breaking Benjamin and then boom nothing for 6 months

I just found an official article published recently...

apparently david scorney (lead singer) retired from music to focus on life with his wife. Something about loving pizza and opening up a restaurant or something.

i actually became upset reading the article because I love fucking Janus and was hoping to hear scotneys voice again in another project...

Thanks for the info. Either way, they're not around, but it's cool to have some sort of 'closure' with a band I really liked. Red Right Return and Nox Aeris are still awesome to go back to to this day, they hold up well! 

That was a shitty move Relic. Digging up a thread that hadn't been posted in in 2 years, making me thinking that there was finally an update. A part of me got so excited before I opened the thread, and then that part of me died once I read it.