Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chicago_animal

Arguably The Biggest Concert Lineup Ever

15 posts in this topic

The company that stages the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is planning a three-night event featuring Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Neil Young and Pink Floyd's Roger Waters — allRock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees — Oct. 7-9 at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, California. 

Well a lot of them weren't spread out over multiple days but there were a lot of these monster concerts back in the day. When I went to Rock on the Range I flew back and sat next to one of the guys who ran it and we talked about them. One that immediately came to mind were the monsters of rock shows. I know there was one at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando that had Ted Nugent, Cheap Trick, Aerosmith and more. There was another that my dad went to but I can't remember who was there. They didn't have multiple festivals all over the place all summer back in the day so they used to have massive shows with all the top bands whenever they could. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I know there was one at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando that had Ted Nugent, Cheap Trick, Aerosmith and more. 

lol that's not even close to this lineup.

Woodstock would definitely be in the conversation but that's definitely a hell of a group.

I get that there have been big concerts with big bands but these are some of the biggest names in rock history all at one event. Ted Nugent, Cheap Trick and Aerosmith would the the openers for these 3 days. 

On 4/17/2016 at 4:19 PM, chicago_animal said:

The company that stages the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is planning a three-night event featuring Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Neil Young and Pink Floyd's Roger Waters — allRock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees — Oct. 7-9 at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, California. 

I've never even listened to a Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney (solo stuff), or Neil Young song. A bunch of old fogies if you ask me.

But Roger Waters alone would probably be worth the price of admission.

The new festival, called Desert Trip, will be taking place at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, CA, on October 7th, 8th and 9th with two of the legendary acts sharing the bill each night. This is the same location as the Coachella and Stagecoach festivals.

The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan will kick things off on Friday night, followed by Paul McCartney and Neil Young on the second night. Roger Waters and The Who will close out the festival. 

Reserved seats and general admission passes go on sale Monday, May 9 at 10am Pacific Time at DesertTrip.com (site was not available at press time)
Ticket prices 3 day passes:
General admission - $399:
Reserved floor - $699, $999, $1,599:
Reserved grandstand - $999, $1599:
Standing pit - $1,599 :

Single day passes: :
General admission - $199

That's insanely expensive compared to other rock festivals. I understand that there are legends, but still, way too much money. It will probably cost 6 bucks for water too.

To add to how expensive it is. Take a look at the pictures of what it's supposed to look like. The cheap tickets aren't going a long way that's for sure

?format=500w

?format=1500w

A new report claims that Led Zeppelin turned down a $14 million offer to reunited for a performance at the first Desert Trip Festival in Indio, CA this fall.

According to Showbiz411 columnist Roger Friedman, sources say that Jimmy Page was all for it but Robert Plant wouldn't agree to any kind of reunion. "Jimmy went crazy," one source told Friedman. "He really wanted to do it."

Friendman adds that Zeppelin's payday was equal to what all of the acts are being paid - $7 million per weekend - which doesn't include merchandise cuts that are expected to be huge.