Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xeph

2016 NBA Playoffs

171 posts in this topic

Draymond Green is such an overrated POS the past two games. I hope Kerr doesn't start him in Game 5 or they're bound for the exit. 

Curry sucks, too. Westbrook's killing it. I think he wants his MVP trophy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Putting the WCF series into perspective, maybe Doc Rivers was right. The Warriors did get lucky winning it all last year. The Thunder barely missed the playoffs last season and the Dubs didn't face the Clippers and Spurs. They also defeated a Cavs team without Love and mostly without Irving in the 2015 Finals. If there's one thing to take away from the whole series so far, the Warriors shouldn't have wasted a double-digit lead in Game 1. They now have to face the consequences. 73 wins will soon become nothing but a fluke unless something miraculous happens. If the Thunder win the series, they really deserve it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the Warriors are flukes or frauds. They just happened to run into a buzzsaw that is probably the best team to exploit their weaknesses at exactly the wrong time. And I can still see the Warriors winning this series, Steph will just have to be better than he's been, which isn't that hard to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if anything, this suggests that we have to re-evaluate the "the Spurs got old" talk and realize that the Thunder may have just finally played up to their potential as a team that's right up in the Warriors'/Spurs' stratosphere rather than down in the next tier with the Cavaliers, Clippers, and Raptors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Putting the WCF series into perspective, maybe Doc Rivers was right. The Warriors did get lucky winning it all last year. The Thunder barely missed the playoffs last season and the Dubs didn't face the Clippers and Spurs. They also defeated a Cavs team without Love and mostly without Irving in the 2015 Finals. If there's one thing to take away from the whole series so far, the Warriors shouldn't have wasted a double-digit lead in Game 1. They now have to face the consequences. 73 wins will soon become nothing but a fluke unless something miraculous happens. If the Thunder win the series, they really deserve it. 

This is just stupid.

 

Werent you rooting for them all year and you come out with this garbage? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jamie said:

I think if anything, this suggests that we have to re-evaluate the "the Spurs got old" talk and realize that the Thunder may have just finally played up to their potential as a team that's right up in the Warriors'/Spurs' stratosphere rather than down in the next tier with the Cavaliers, Clippers, and Raptors.

I wouldn't put the cavs in that group. Not at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Brad said:

I wouldn't put the cavs in that group. Not at all

I'm talking about what people thought at the conclusion of the regular season meaning before the playoffs began. Cleveland's record wasn't even close to Golden State's or San Antonio's...and that was while playing in the in the inferior Eastern Conference which means an easier schedule. So if you look at the standings, Cleveland, Toronto, OkC, and LAC were all right in the same range...a huge order of magnitude below where Golden State and San Antonio were. Lumping Cleveland with those other teams wasn't a knock on Cleveland so much as an acknowledgement that Golden State and San Antonio looked to be the class of the NBA with Golden State being an all-time great team and San Antonio not being at all far behind that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I'm talking about what people thought at the conclusion of the regular season meaning before the playoffs began. Cleveland's record wasn't even close to Golden State's or San Antonio's...and that was while playing in the in the inferior Eastern Conference which means an easier schedule. So if you look at the standings, Cleveland, Toronto, OkC, and LAC were all right in the same range...a huge order of magnitude below where Golden State and San Antonio were. Lumping Cleveland with those other teams wasn't a knock on Cleveland so much as an acknowledgement that Golden State and San Antonio looked to be the class of the NBA with Golden State being an all-time great team and San Antonio not being at all far behind that.

While I agree with you that regular season wise Cleveland wasn't on GS or SA's tier, I think their record is a lot worse that how good they really are. They really really took it easy on the last part of the season because they had everything wrapped up seeding wise in the East. I'd put them with OKC in the next tier, and Toronto and LA on the one below that. If Bosh would have stayed healthy Miami would have been an extremely tough out too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Omar said:

While I agree with you that regular season wise Cleveland wasn't on GS or SA's tier, I think their record is a lot worse that how good they really are. They really really took it easy on the last part of the season because they had everything wrapped up seeding wise in the East. I'd put them with OKC in the next tier, and Toronto and LA on the one below that. If Bosh would have stayed healthy Miami would have been an extremely tough out too.

If I were ranking that tier, I'd absolutely have Cleveland and OkC as the teams with the highest upside. But just based on performance and what we thought we knew one month ago, the main reason to rank Cleveland above everyone else was that they had the best chance of any team in basketball of reaching the NBA finals because Golden State and San Antonio each had to deal with each other. Little did we know that OkC would have a very good shot at unseating both of them. 

My tiering was more that there were two historically great teams in the regular season, and then 4 other teams that very clearly were good and won a significant majority of their games. There's a fairly large chasm between those 4 and the next team (being Miami, who are dangerous because as you said, and if healthy would probably have been picked over Toronto to do damage in the playoffs just because of their championship pedigree). But Miami's win percentage doesn't really put them in that tier. Granted, I won't scoff at their inclusion because if we were doing playoff brackets at the beginning of the postseason, I think many people would have had them ousting Toronto in the conference semis and giving Cleveland a run for their money in the conference finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate Draymond Green and he probably should have been tossed or suspended like 5 times in this series. I hate how Steph is always jawin' and taunting on the floor but then talking to the media is all "aw shucks idk both teams played hard man". And I hate smug ass Warriors fans most of all.

 

But I will never root for Lebron. Go Dubs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck that. People like Draymond make the insanely boring nba somewhat fun to watch. Curry too. He gets pumped up and gets the fans going. I can't stand players like Durant who have the personality of a piece of plywood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocked that Harty loves the guy that Adam Silver's Barnacle Boy lookin ass has given carte blanche to try and injure whoever he wants free of consequence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be the best Conference Finals I've ever seen. Won't be surprised to see a 7-game series in the Finals. Sure hope no one in Warriors uniform gets hurt or suspended. #strengthinnumbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the Warriors in 5 in the finals. Realistically, the same thing will happen to them that happened to the Thunder. They will scheme and strategize well, play hard, and Lebron will keep them in every game. It will all be undone, however, when the Warriors throw up some bullshit (their best offense) and it goes in. Like the Thunder, the Cavs will find themselves flustered that they're somehow down despite better execution, and as a result, will stop executing. I'm giving them 5 games instead of 7 because Kyrie and Kevin Love blow ass on defense, compared to Russ and Steven Adams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Draymond is one of those players that you love the crap out of him if he's on your team but you can totally see why everyone else hates him. And yeah, Curry is sneakily very very cocky, I'm surprised it hasn't caught on her. Usually people don't tolerate that shit.

 

As for the finals, I think it goes to 7, every team wins at home, thus making the Warriors back to back champs. People love to point out Kyrie and Love playing as if they're not a huge liability on defense. Only difference they would have made last year is the scores would have been 120-117 instead of 93-90. I was rooting for the Warriors but Westbrook is my favorite player so I'm very sad he didn't get to embarrass Kyrie on a huge stage. Can't believe Kyrie has all these damn shoe deals and endorsements and he's soooo dull, yet Westbrook is a freak of nature and has to get by on Mountain Dew commercials. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going with Cavs in 6 as well. People talk about how spotty the Cavs defense can be but I think the Warriors have that problem at times too. I see Ty Lou mixing it up on Curry a lot defensively this series. He can throw so many people at him.. Kyrie, Shumpert, Lebron... he's going to try to make him uncomfortable but we'll see if it works. Channing Frye is a huge key in this series too. He is a match up nightmare for everyone. I expect to see him with K Love out there a lot this series to stretch the floor and try and open up lanes for Lebron and Kyrie, as well as open shots for JR. Should be a great series!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.