Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xeph

2016 NBA Playoffs

171 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jamie said:

Love and Kyrie were godawful yesterday. Lebron better hope they each got their dud out of their system, or he'd be better off with them both injured/out in avenging last year's final against the west. He was a better match single-handedly trying to go up against a Golden State juggernaut than he would be if Love/Kyrie combine to miss 24 of 28 shots. Might as well have Lebron just attempt 40 shots and hope for the best.

Just an off night. They were overdue for one. LeBron would get demolished if he takes on OKC or GS without them. Channing Frye is the one who would scare the crap out of me if I'm playing the Cavs though. Perfect role player. 

Need to have some adversity, LeBron has been saying that in all of his post game interviews. They will be fine, everyone has an off night and they both unfortunately had one on the same night.

Good grief. Warriors are playing like overrated piles of garbage tonight. This is coming from a 73-9 team??? :wacko:

I hope Steve Kerr gives this team a verbal lashing in the locker room.

Draymond was a disaster last night. Worst +/- in a playoff game in the last 20 years, and he stupidly very possibly got himself suspended for a must win game because the guy he was trying to annoy ended up getting in his head. 

Not only that, it seems like Curry can't create his own shot anymore. He dribbles his ass off but created zero space. The only guys consistently getting his own shot is Klay, and that's one of his biggest flaws. And the free throw discrepancy is tremendous, OKC seems to live at the line while GS is scared as shit to go down in the paint. They're falling apart and they're donezo if they don't fix it pronto.

I handily had the Warriors in 5 before the season started but clearly that's out the window. This might be the best I've seen the Thunder play since the Harden trade. They're switching cleanly and effectively, Steven Adams has been a fucking beast (I think he's better than Ibaka right now fight me), and guys I thought were scrubs like Waiters, Roberson, and Kanter (who I thought would be unplayable against GSW defensively) are stepping up. Warriors can still win obviously but the first step towards that is Steph being Steph. He's clearly still feeling the effects of that knee injury as he's not getting separation off the dribble as Omar said.

4 minutes ago, xeph said:

I handily had the Warriors in 5 before the season started but clearly that's out the window. This might be the best I've seen the Thunder play since the Harden trade. They're switching cleanly and effectively, Steven Adams has been a fucking beast (I think he's better than Ibaka right now fight me), and guys I thought were scrubs like Waiters, Roberson, and Kanter (who I thought would be unplayable against GSW defensively) are stepping up. Warriors can still win obviously but the first step towards that is Steph being Steph. He's clearly still feeling the effects of that knee injury as he's not getting separation off the dribble as Omar said.

I think Adams is the reason. No one expected THiS. He's a monster right now. And I agree, he's better than Ibaka right now, but then again it seems like a lot of people are better than Ibaka right now. He's been pretty irrelevant this season. 

Just now, Omar said:

I think Adams is the reason. No one expected THiS. He's a monster right now. And I agree, he's better than Ibaka right now, but then again it seems like a lot of people are better than Ibaka right now. He's been pretty irrelevant this season. 

have you seen the rumor floating around that Ibaka is actually like in his 30s and that's the reason he's declined? Birth certification in Africa is shady and it's happened in soccer before. Same with Bismack Biymobo. It started as kind of a "oh yeah that would be funny" but maybe it's true

Just now, xeph said:

have you seen the rumor floating around that Ibaka is actually like in his 30s and that's the reason he's declined? Birth certification in Africa is shady and it's happened in soccer before. Same with Bismack Biymobo. It started as kind of a "oh yeah that would be funny" but maybe it's true

Yeah the dudes on the Le Batard Show have been pushing this theory for a couple years now. He plays a lot older than his age would be. He was a freak of nature not that long ago and now he hardly makes plays. 

Maybe the possible suspension will shut him up for good. Thunder can probably win this series, but I have a sinking feeling the Cavs will get the title. I have low confidence in the Thunder when it comes to facing King James.

10 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Maybe the possible suspension will shut him up for good. Thunder can probably win this series, but I have a sinking feeling the Cavs will get the title. I have low confidence in the Thunder when it comes to facing King James.

Agreed, not too confident on a Durant team vs a LeBron team. 2012 has scarred me. 

I think Billy Donovan deserves more credit for this than people give him credit for. He has made a lot of changes in the line up to frustrate the warriors, and it's obviouslly working.

This is pathetic, can't drive the damn ball to the basket. Settling way to much on jumpers and not coming close. I think the hot streak of shooting is getting to their head.. As well as good defense from Toronto

2 hours ago, xeph said:

No suspension for Draymond, as expected. Rules are different for the Warriors.

Or because it wasn't intentional

2 hours ago, xeph said:

No suspension for Draymond, as expected. Rules are different for the Warriors.

Business decision by the NBA. They weren't gonna outright eliminate their cash cows. 

Too little too late for the Cavs, with Lowry and Derozan playing like that you have to be on point the entire game.. and Biyombo killed us. He looks like the one who should of got the max deal, not Tristan Thompson. He was pretty much invisible tonight.

31 minutes ago, Omar said:

Warriors very lucky they didn't blow the game in the first quarter. Draymond did his best to almost blow the series. He is so bad right now

Might be happening here in the second haha