Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chicago_animal

Lollapalooza 2016

38 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, chicago_animal said:

I need more bands for Thursday. Any suggestions? 

See Pinegrove, they're fantastic. Also Hiatus Kaiyote are amazing, but they're more of a soul band than rock so I dunno if you'd enjoy them

9 minutes ago, xeph said:

See Pinegrove, they're fantastic. Also Hiatus Kaiyote are amazing, but they're more of a soul band than rock so I dunno if you'd enjoy them

You got me to see City and Color after Bastille as they sounded good. Pinegrove didn't sound too bad either. I wasn't crazy on Hiatus upon first listening but might give a second chance. 

58 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Kurt Vile.

He had a unique sound that I might be interested in hearing more. 

43 minutes ago, breanna. said:

I'd say Melanie Martinez but I know she's not for everyone. I enjoyed seeing her a lot, though. 

There is no one playing at this time and she didn't sound too bad. I think I might go see her. 

THANKS FOR THE HELP SO FAR EVERYONE. MAYBE I'LL SHARE THE OTHERDAY THAT NEEDS SUGGESTION

23 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Why would you leave before RHCP? 

Not a huge RHCP fan. If I want to stay later that day I might stay for a few songs. It depends on the train schedule. 

I think seeing rhcp at a festival like that would be great. I'm not a big fan of them either but I saw them a few years ago in an arena. I think they are much more suited for large festival crowds

27 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think seeing rhcp at a festival like that would be great. I'm not a big fan of them either but I saw them a few years ago in an arena. I think they are much more suited for large festival crowds

If they play singles then I would stay for some. Last tone they played Lolla they did a lot of songs people didn't know asas the crowd was looking for a greatest hits set. So the lastthe last time they played they "made it up" and it was a pure greatest hits set. 

13 minutes ago, chicago_animal said:

If they play singles then I would stay for some. Last tone they played Lolla they did a lot of songs people didn't know asas the crowd was looking for a greatest hits set. So the lastthe last time they played they "made it up" and it was a pure greatest hits set. 

God forbid an artist try to play their music instead of just being a singles factory.

19 minutes ago, pen said:

God forbid an artist try to play their music instead of just being a singles factory.

At a festival? No way. Save that for your own tour. 

I'll check out Auto lox tonight. 

2 hours ago, chicago_animal said:

Kind of agree here. Most festivals are shorter sets. Even when I really like a band or have seen them a bunch of times, I hate when they play a bunch of songs no one knows during a short festival set. The crowd knowing the songs and getting into it is what makes it fun. 

18 hours ago, chicago_animal said:

Nah I'm with pen. Just because you're playing a festival, if you're a headliner, doesn't mean you should have a super boring set that your fans won't enjoy. I remember the NIN tour a few years ago and the only place they came near me was playing at Voodoo Fest. That already meant giving up the three huge LED screens from the stage show that every other stop got, I can't imagine how disappointed I would've been if they had played some boring greatest hits hour-and-a-half set. 

And it's not like you don't have time for singles in a headlining set anyway. Pretty sure every big hit other than "Closer" (whose absence felt deliberate) got played over the two and a half hours, in addition to deep cuts and nearly the entire new album. I get it if it's a band getting an hour before the headliner, but you're THE band, with the most time, that most of the people are here to see. RHCP has a deep, deep catalog, and if I was a huge fan who knew it and shelled out an assload of money to see them, I'd be pretty gutted if they only played the popular songs. 

My day was excellent. Hiatus Kaiyote were easily the highlight of my day, maybe the tightest live band I've ever seen. Could listen to them do their thing all fuckin day. City and Colour were excellent as expected, even as it rained through most of their set. The 1975 were also great. Wish I could have stuck around for Lana Del Rey's whole set because she sounded really really good and I was way into it.