Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chicago_animal

Lollapalooza 2016

38 posts in this topic

Consequence of Sound announced RADIOHEAD, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS and LCD SOUNDSYTEM as official, not official, Headliners for 3 nights. They have 2 headliners each night and this year Its 4 nights this year for the 25th Anniversary so hopefully they got some good ones to come. Kayne West, M83 and the Killers are three names that have been rumored. If RHCP and Kayne are on the same night I would love that as I can leave early that day.

Rumored undercard bands are Deftones, The 1975, St Lucia, Chvrches, Foals, SilverSun Pickups, Wolf Alice, Mike Snow, Grimes

Just now, DarkDragon said:

Third Eye Blind, really ?

Oh hey, It's DD complaining about a 90s band still existing because they make good music and they have fans.

1 hour ago, DarkDragon said:

No, I more surprised that they were invited to play this. They were never a "hip" or "cool" thing. Thats what these alternafests usually go for.

In recent years, Third Eye Blind has found a lot more favor from the alternative crowd than from anywhere else.

22 hours ago, xeph said:

I caved and bought a Thursday ticket. Hiatus Kaiyote + City and Colour + The 1975 is too good to pass up

Thanks,  as I checked out and liked City and Colour. If they don't have a schedule conflict I will check them out. Any other Rock bands on the lineup worth checking out? 

They released the schedule and what's interesting is that GHOST is headlining a night on a smaller stage. It's only an hour but good for them. 

1 hour ago, DarkDragon said:

"Critical darlings" get higher billings on these festivals.

Ghost is a critical darling?

Higher Billings are all the ones who play the bigger venues. Radiohead and RHCP are two headliners that play Arenas. 

10 minutes ago, chicago_animal said:

Ghost is a critical darling?

Actually, yes, I would also consider Ghost to be a critical darling. Did you not see all the praise that Meliora got last year?

I've already got my Thursday all planned out. Pinegrove from 12:15-1, Hiatus Kaiyote from 2-3, City and Colour from 5-6, The 1975 from 7-8.

Ghost get coverage and press in both metal and non metal publications. One of the fewer newish hard rock/metal bands to get that. Non metal sites dispise hard rock/metal but they give a pass to a few select bands and Ghost is one of them. Hence why they get on a festival like this one and also get on the rock festivals.

1 minute ago, chicago_animal said:

I need more bands for Thursday. Any suggestions? 

20160512_113015.jpg

Yeah. Post the picture right side up. That's my suggestion.

On 3/18/2016 at 7:57 AM, chicago_animal said:

Consequence of Sound announced RADIOHEAD, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS and LCD SOUNDSYTEM as official, not official, Headliners for 3 nights. They have 2 headliners each night and this year Its 4 nights this year for the 25th Anniversary so hopefully they got some good ones to come. Kayne West, M83 and the Killers are three names that have been rumored. If RHCP and Kayne are on the same night I would love that as I can leave early that day.

Rumored undercard bands are Deftones, The 1975, St Lucia, Chvrches, Foals, SilverSun Pickups, Wolf Alice, Mike Snow, Grimes

Why would you leave before RHCP?