Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Music Madness 2016 Official Thread - READ BEFORE VOTING

176 posts in this topic

Set 4 is closed. May I say that while it pains me to lose Chvrches and Slaves, the only surprise for me was that people voted Art Of Dying over Crossfaith. I love Art Of Dying and I actually really like their newest but I thought most people here were unimpressed. Crossfaith really impressed me with this new album, as I had been uninterested in them previously. I just thought Crossfaith would've been the band that would resonate more at this time. Apparently I was wrong.

Disappointed Coldplay lost as well. I felt they deserved a few rounds at least. Not as upset about Blessthefall as F&tM is pretty solid.

I didn't get to vote for Anti-Flag vs. Civil Twilight on time, but I was just going to end up voting for the winner anyhow, so no biggie there! Both are really solid albums in their respective genres.

Only somewhat sad for Eidola as they had a great album.

Serious question for you pen. Do you find it disheartening that certain people who post a lot here dont really participate that much in this thing or do you not care ?

8 hours ago, DarkDragon said:

Serious question for you pen. Do you find it disheartening that certain people who post a lot here dont really participate that much in this thing or do you not care ?

There aren't that many people who don't participate, so no? It's not something I think about.

Set 9 is closed except for the two matches that are tied, cause we need people to break dem ties.

Alas, poor Parkway Drive, you lost way too soon.

Meanwhile, I spent too much time watching Game Of Thrones and I actually have to get up a bit earlier tomorrow than usual so I don't have time to stay up longer and do the matches for the next set.

I'll put them out tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

The ties are broken. We move on.

Nick, I appreciate this but people are gonna think you're my alter ego.

Unless you are... oh my god, am I like Edward Norton in Fight Club?

10 hours ago, pen said:

Alas, poor Parkway Drive, you lost way too soon.

I find it somewhat hilarious that you usually describe most bands of Parkway Drive's ilk as being too non-descript and boring, but when Parkway Drive faces I The Mighty, a catchy band who should (in theory) be right up your alley, here you are lamenting their defeat

3 minutes ago, pen said:

Nick, I appreciate this but people are gonna think you're my alter ego.

Unless you are... oh my god, am I like Edward Norton in Fight Club?

Not if you're going to break the first rule like that.

2 minutes ago, xeph said:

I find it somewhat hilarious that you usually describe most bands of Parkway Drive's ilk as being too non-descript and boring, but when Parkway Drive faces I The Mighty, a catchy band who should (in theory) be right up your alley, here you are lamenting their defeat

I found I The Mighty to be okay, but I have gone on record as saying that Parkway Drive is a rare example of a band with all unclean vocals doing it right. I should also point out though that Ire is the only album of theirs I care for.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0