Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Music Madness 2016 Official Thread - READ BEFORE VOTING

176 posts in this topic

So today I finished collecting all the info for the tournament. All that's left is to run the list through the Random List Generator gods and determine the first round match order, and then we'll be ready to begin.

Therefore, first matches will begin Sunday evening, March 20th. Probably around 12:30-1AM EST depending on when I get home from work. Then the next matches will run Wednesday evening, and alternate between Sunday and Wednesday until we are finished with the tournament, with the only exception being toward the end of each round where we will take a break to allow all the results to be calculated.

For each contender, I have collected their album art, tracklist, and two Youtube videos that typically will be singles but otherwise will be whatever the artist has provided and in some minor cases, whatever I can find. As before, the album art will link to their Facebook page so you can go there and harass them and/or their fans if you so choose.

Because this came up last year, i will say this: in order to participate in this tournament you must be an active and contributing member. Now, I know life takes some of us by surprise sometime so if you haven't posted in like a month, I can let that slide. If you're unsure if you qualify, ask me first and we can figure it out. If you haven't posted for a year or more, don't expect your votes to count until you've proven you're ready to be an active community member again.

This will be the official thread for the tournament where we can discuss results as they come in and whatnot. Feel free to also use this thread to discuss any concerns and ask any questions about the tournament.

With that said, looking forward to kicking this off on Sunday. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 1

Set 1: Fall Out Boy, Alesana, Finger Eleven, Falling Up, We Are The Ocean, Coldrain, Good Riddance, Tesseract

Set 2: Wavves, 10 Years, The Dear Hunter, Dead Letter Circus, Mutemath, Kutless, Blur, Saint Asonia

Set 3: Trivium, Twenty One Pilots, Shinedown, City And Colour, Mewithoutyou, Atreyu, Sleeping With Sirens, Red Line Tragedy

Set 4: Man Overboard, Halsey, Meg Myers, Iron Maiden, Art Of Dying, Bullet For My Valentine, Make Do And Mend, Walk Off The Earth

Set 5: Chris Cornell, The Early November, Metric, Like Moths To Flames, Sevendust, Puscifer, Emery, Florence + The Machine

Set 6: Silversun Pickups, Foals, Tremonti, Coheed And Cambria, Veil Of Maya, The Bloodline, Mumford And Sons, Four Year Strong

Set 7: Senses Fail, Collective Soul, Muse, Enter Shikari, Red, All Time Low, Anti-Flag, Scars Of Amber

Set 8: Boy Sets Fire, Frank Turner, Aranda, Hit The Lights, Dead Sara, Edisun, Buckcherry, Vital Silence

Set 9: Soilwork, I The Mighty, Marilyn Manson, Zac Brown Band, Disturbed, Young Guns, New Years Day, Ian Fletcher Thornley

Set 10: Courage My Love, Bring Me The Horizon, Breaking Benjamin, Death Cab For Cutie, Future Leaders Of The World, Awaken The Empire, Sleater-Kinney, Third Eye Blind

Set 11: Best Coast, A Skylit Drive, Highly Suspect, Halestorm, The Story So Far, Baroness, Dance Gavin Dance, Counterparts

Set 12: Being As An Ocean, Everclear, Papa Roach, Awolnation, Imagine Dragons, 36 Crazyfists, Sons Of Texas, Adele

Set 13: Tilian, Veruca Salt, Like A Storm, Knuckle Puck, Spoken, Poynte, Wolf Alice, Wilson

Set 14: Hawk Nelson, Fightstar, The Wonder Years, Devil You Know, Nightwish, Marianas Trench, Red Sun Rising, The Maine

Set 15: Soulidium, In Hearts Wake, Northlane, Ghost, Silverstein, Superheaven, Mayday Parade, Strung Out

Set 16: Three Days Grace, Faith No More, XXI, Seasons After, P.O.D., Earthside, The Dreaming, Lifehouse

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 2

Set 1: Breaking Benjamin, Muse, The Dear Hunter, I The Mighty, 36 Crazyfists, Nightwish, Like A Storm, Tilian

Set 2: Red Sun Rising, The Wonder Years, Art Of Dying, Wolf Alice, Twenty One Pilots, Boy Sets Fire, Awolnation, Sons Of Texas

Set 3: Papa Roach, XXI, City And Colour, Metric, Kutless, Shinedown, We Are The Ocean, Tremonti

Set 4: Earthside, Disturbed, Bring Me The Horizon, Mayday Parade, Emery, Superheaven, Sevendust, Fightstar

Set 5: Sleeping With Sirens, Knuckle Puck, 10 Years, Saint Asonia, Atreyu, Red, Dead Sara, The Story So Far

Set 6: Fall Out Boy, Four Year Strong, Silverstein, Trivium, Everclear, Finger Eleven, Mewithoutyou, Silversun Pickups

Set 7: Coldrain, The Bloodline, Veil Of Maya, Tesseract, Marianas Trench, Meg Myers, Halestorm, Bullet For My Valentine

Set 8: Anti-Flag, Hit The Lights, Northlane, Faith No More, Collective Soul, Poynte, Ghost, Aranda

ROUND 3

Set 1: Like A Storm, Sevendust, Faith No More, The Wonder Years, Emery, Disturbed, Poynte, Mayday Parade

Set 2: Art Of Dying, Tremonti, Fall Out Boy, We Are The Ocean, Saint Asonia, Muse, Papa Roach, Meg Myers

Set 3: Red, Veil Of Maya, Superheaven, Nightwish, Boy Sets Fire, Bullet For My Valentine, XXI, Coldrain

Set 4: Breaking Benjamin, 10 Years, Earthside, Trivium, Anti-Flag, Twenty One Pilots, I The Mighty, Northlane

ROUND 4

Set 1: Coldrain, Bullet For My Valentine, 10 Years, Muse, Like A Storm, Poynte, Red, Art Of Dying

Set 2: Trivium, Earthside, Meg Myers, The Wonder Years, Nightwish, Sevendust, Breaking Benjamin, Twenty One Pilots

SWEET SIXTEEN

Sevendust, The Wonder Years, Like A Storm, Earthside, 10 Years, Breaking Benjamin, Red, Meg Myers

ELITE EIGHT

10 Years, Meg Myers, Breaking Benjamin, Red

FINAL FOUR

Meg Myers, Red

WINNER

Red

4 hours ago, Green Baron said:

I can't seem to tell whether or not you're being sarcastic right now.

Nope! Totally serious. Seemed like a pretty random song lyric to make a pun about, if that's what you were doing.

10 hours ago, pen said:

Nope! Totally serious. Seemed like a pretty random song lyric to make a pun about, if that's what you were doing.

that's exactly what I was doing, seemed like a pun a lot of people would have gotten

1 hour ago, Green Baron said:

that's exactly what I was doing, seemed like a pun a lot of people would have gotten

I guess I got the pun. I was more like "why".

Set 1 is now closed. Fall Out Boy, Finger Eleven, Falling Up, We Are The Ocean, Coldrain, Good Riddance, and Tesseract all progress. Still waiting for a verdict on While She Sleeps vs. Alesana.

So far 10 Years, Wavves, Dead Letter Circus, The Dear Hunter, Saint Asonia, and Kutless are moving forward.

Waiting for the results from Refused vs. Blur and Plain White Ts vs. Mutemath.

Huh. Well bad shit happens when I haven't been on the forum in like a month. I miss the first few rounds of MM. Ooops.

Pen, can you sticky a post or edit your original post for the winners for each round and set? It's going to get crazy w/ reactions (I imagine, if remembering previous years) to find the winners each round. Just throwing it out there.

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

Pen, can you sticky a post or edit your original post for the winners for each round and set? It's going to get crazy w/ reactions (I imagine, if remembering previous years) to find the winners each round. Just throwing it out there.

Only if you can promise me you'll use this thread to discuss closed matches instead of bumping the threads.

1 hour ago, pen said:

Only if you can promise me you'll use this thread to discuss closed matches instead of bumping the threads.

You bet. I'll stay up to speed now that I know about this lol

As promised I've updated the first post with the winners. Set 3 is closed.

I'm a bit disappointed that Rob Thomas and New Politics lost as I found Red Line Tragedy to be pretty generic compared to New Politics' upbeat power pop and while I enjoy Sleeping With Sirens, I just feel Rob Thomas is a much stronger songwriter.

But alas, we all can't get what we want.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0