Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris.

Chicago Open Air Festival

10 posts in this topic

Sunday is metaltacular but with Nothing More and Korn on the Saturday bill that is the day to go.  If only Chevelle and BFMV were on Saturday that would be like 6 of my top 20 bands all in one day.

Good to see Through Fire on there, even though they seem a little out of place. Surprised to see City of the Weak who is even more out of place to me. Always happy to see Minnesota bands succeed though.

2 minutes ago, breanna. said:

Good to see Through Fire on there, even though they seem a little out of place. Surprised to see City of the Weak who is even more out of place to me. Always happy to see Minnesota bands succeed though.

They're not that out of place. Chevelle, Drowning Pool, and Of Mice And Men will keep them safe.

12 minutes ago, pen said:

They're not that out of place. Chevelle, Drowning Pool, and Of Mice And Men will keep them safe.

I feel like Of Mice & Men is too heavy to group them in with. I think they only had one song with about little bit of screaming in the background. 

Drowning Pool is a good match, considering how unlucky both bands seem to be. 

26 minutes ago, breanna. said:

I feel like Of Mice & Men is too heavy to group them in with. I think they only had one song with about little bit of screaming in the background. 

Drowning Pool is a good match, considering how unlucky both bands seem to be. 

I mean, we've only heard one song from Through Fire to my knowledge, so they could have screaming we don't know about. Personally, I think Carcass is the band that's more out of place.

4 hours ago, pen said:

I mean, we've only heard one song from Through Fire to my knowledge, so they could have screaming we don't know about. Personally, I think Carcass is the band that's more out of place.

Yeah, Stronger is the only thing they've released and, going off the rest of the songs they played live (I saw them 4 times last week, probably should have made that clear), it's a song that shows off their sound pretty well (even though it's easily the weakest).