NinjaNick101

Super Bowl 50

Super Bowl 50   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

• Broncos
    • Panthers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

119 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Cam just walked out of his press conference after criticizing Denver.

What a baby.

Haven't seen this yet but I'm not too surprised, we kinda saw the old bad body language Cam today. He's gonna be great for a long time but he's gonna have to learn to not be a frontrunner. Keep his cool even when things are dim.

Yeah, I gotta admit I didn't like what I saw from Cam towards the end of the game. He had no look of determination when there was still a chance to win it -- he looked defeated already. He wasn't willing to dive for that ball when the Super Bowl was on the line. Then he threw that little mini tantrum when he didn't get a flag right before the two minute warning. Starting off the game he seemed really nervous. I think he just needs some more time to grow up a bit and he's gonna be a force.

1 minute ago, Omar said:

Oh geez, I can already see the media running with this story pointing out the "boy" he used there. Oh boy. 

And the media will display nuance is lost on them.

1 hour ago, DarkDragon said:

Dont worry Andrew has a good excuse for him. We're all waiting...

I'm not some Cam Newton apologist, I'm just a guy who's tired of dumbass sports criticisms.

And frankly I don't blame him for being upset at his press conference, but he should have acted more maturely, sure.  He'll get there, I imagine.  He's not quite used to the bright lights, I think, and that showed at the end of that game.

I was 7 and 8 years old when we won the last two...and I have some memory of both games but didn't quite understand the magnitude. 

This feeling right now though is amazing. So happy. 

1 hour ago, DarkDragon said:

Not really because running QB's get banged up and dont last long.

Yep. I don't get why people act like Newton is going to be the next Manning/Brees/Rodgers/etc. He's going to be the next Michael Vick. He runs too much and he's going to get hurt. He'll be scooped up #1 in every fantasy league next season. I'm not touching the guy.

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

What a great time to live in Colorado. The energy is electric!!!

Exactly. Go Avs!

*crickets*

- So I was so excited to see Manning win it. Sure he had almost nothing to do with the win but this is a team game and he managed it good enough. He carried some shitty Indy defenses to a bunch of wins in his heyday and there's nothing wrong with a defense carrying him to a championship now. This doesn't in anyway taint his second Super Bowl victory and I'm so happy the Sheriff (awesome new nickname BTW) can ride off into the sunset to end his career.

- Didn't watch any of the halftime show. I went upstairs and sat with my dogs until it was over and then returned downstairs with everyone else to watch the game. Just once in my life I want a halftime show with bands I like and then I'll be happy.

- I thought the commercials sucked for the most part. Too many boring car commercials. The Doritos baby popping out was funny, Ant-Man and Hulk was good and there were a couple of others but nothing too memorable. I thought the PayPal is better than evil cracker honky white people bills commercial was fucking retarded.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

So let's see here...

3-2 vs. Brady in playoffs

First QB to win the Super Bowl with two different teams

Most wins all-time

5 MVPs

Yep...Manning > Brady

Ha

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

- So I was so excited to see Manning win it. Sure he had almost nothing to do with the win but this is a team game and he managed it good enough. He carried some shitty Indy defenses to a bunch of wins in his heyday and there's nothing wrong with a defense carrying him to a championship now. This doesn't in anyway taint his second Super Bowl victory and I'm so happy the Sheriff (awesome new nickname BTW) can ride off into the sunset to end his career.

- Didn't watch any of the halftime show. I went upstairs and sat with my dogs until it was over and then returned downstairs with everyone else to watch the game. Just once in my life I want a halftime show with bands I like and then I'll be happy.

- I thought the commercials sucked for the most part. Too many boring car commercials. The Doritos baby popping out was funny, Ant-Man and Hulk was good and there were a couple of others but nothing too memorable. I thought the PayPal is better than evil cracker honky white people bills commercial was fucking retarded.

I want you to look at Manning's other super bowl run and tell me how he carried his defense. He played worse than this year. He's had very little to do with his team's postseason runs.

1 minute ago, Omar said:

I want you to look at Manning's other super bowl run and tell me how he carried his defense. He played worse than this year. He's had very little to do with his team's postseason runs.

I said he carried some shitty Indy defenses to a bunch of wins. I never said he carried them to their Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I said he carried some shitty Indy defenses to a bunch of wins. I never said he carried them to their Super Bowl.

Well then given he's rarely been terribly good in the clutch, against a guy who's been to six Super Bowls and won four, why is Manning better?  Cause he can put up some stats in the regular season?  Gimme the guy who can win the playoff games, please.