Andrew

2016 Election Season

2,646 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Mike said:

I mean is this a bad thing? People want to welcome everyone in with open arms out of fear of looking racist if they don't but securing borders so drugs don't get in the south can only be a good thing. And TEMPORARILY (like Trump has always said) restricting admittance into the country for Muslims could potentially prevent terrorists from entering the U.S. and could prevent another 9/11. Everyone just exaggerates and throws around the overused bigot word instead of actually stopping to wonder if Trump has some good ideas.

Look, I'm someone who gets extremely annoyed with bleeding hearts who quickly jump to the "Not all Muslims!" argument when an attack happens or when someone criticizes Islam, but allowing 10-13,000 Muslims into the US will not in any way change things dramatically. This will hardly be a Germany situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dylan said:

And also the whole thing where restricting access to the country based on religion is fuckin' stupid to begin with.

It's not stupid because it's a violent religion that causes these people to do terrible things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's not stupid because it's a violent religion that causes these people to do terrible things.

Like Christianity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Like Christianity?

To be fair, Christianity went through a reform. The Bible certainly has texts that can be perceived as violent or intolerant, but thankfully, there isn't a large portion of Christians with 7th Century thinking in the west.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Salem.

That had less to do with religion and more to do with gullible people who were living in a foreign land and living scared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Salem.

So we shouldn't worry about very common Muslim terrorists because Christians burned women 300 years ago and it's only fair to treat all religions as equally dangerous? Gotcha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike said:

So we shouldn't worry about very common Muslim terrorists because Christians burned women 100 years ago and it's only fair to treat all religions as equally dangerous? Gotcha.

"Very common"? Do you have any idea how many Muslims there are in the world? Blocking over a 6th of the world's population people from entering the country because a small town's worth of them are terrorists. And that their text promotes violence is a bullshit reason because so does the bible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're gonna ban Muslims from entering the country, I guess we gotta ban adult white males from movie theaters and college campuses too. Only fair, you know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dylan said:

"Very common"? Do you have any idea how many Muslims there are in the world? Blocking over a 6th of the world's population people from entering the country because a small town's worth of them are terrorists. And that their text promotes violence is a bullshit reason because so does the bible.

Blocking people due to their religious beliefs is idiotic, I agree. But if you look at Pew Research results on Muslims who agree with backward laws, it's alarming. Turkey alone has more than half it's population agree with the laws.

But again, this simply isn't a problem for America. It's a Europe problem with the large amount of welfare immigrants  and the small percentage of Syrian refugees.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care if the bible encourages you to detonate a nuke because people who read the bible aren't shooting up concerts and crashing planes into buildings so the bible isn't the problem. In everyone's desperate attempt to be politically correct, they act the Quran isn't the problem, like a few bad seeds want to blow everything up just for the hell of it.

And there shouldn't be a ban on Muslims. No one ever said a permanent ban but that is what everyone chooses to say because it fits their narrative that Trump is a racist. Simply a temporary ban until better background checks are in place.

As for white people shooting things up, as far as I'm concerned these schizophrenic people should be locked away where they can't do any harm to society. It seems like every instance of a public shooting is caused by someone who is on meds. They should all be locked away instead of being ticking time bombs that can go off at any moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Blocking people due to their religious beliefs is idiotic, I agree. But if you look at Pew Research results on Muslims who agree with backward laws, it's alarming. Turkey alone has more than half it's population agree with the laws.

But again, this simply isn't a problem for America. It's a Europe problem with the large amount of welfare immigrants  and the small percentage of Syrian refugees.

 

Yeah I'm not debating that Islam is a whack-ass religion. Just that blocking entry to the country is dumb as hell and not something any politician you could take serious would suggest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't care if the bible encourages you to detonate a nuke because people who read the bible aren't shooting up concerts and crashing planes into buildings so the bible isn't the problem. In everyone's desperate attempt to be politically correct, they act the Quran isn't the problem, like a few bad seeds want to blow everything up just for the hell of it.

And there shouldn't be a ban on Muslims. No one ever said a permanent ban but that is what everyone chooses to say because it fits their narrative that Trump is a racist. Simply a temporary ban until better background checks are in place.

As for white people shooting things up, as far as I'm concerned these schizophrenic people should be locked away where they can't do any harm to society. It seems like every instance of a public shooting is caused by someone who is on meds. They should all be locked away instead of being ticking time bombs that can go off at any moment.

I'm curious, Mike, what is your position on the terrorists in Oregon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I'm curious, Mike, what is your position on the terrorists in Oregon?

I barely pay attention to the news so I'm not sure what you're talking about. After googling for a second that was where that protestor guy got shot. Is that what you're talking about? Also, don't change the subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'd welcome any examples you can come up with that aren't 500 years old.

The Planned Parenthood shooter was motivated in part by his radical Christian views.  That was two months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mike said:

I'd welcome any examples you can come up with that aren't 500 years old.

Google christian terrorism or attacks. There's plenty of examples from the US, and tons more worldwide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brad said:

And you can do the same for atheism and probably any other religion outside of Buddhism 

Pretty sure that's not an attack on Christianity so much as pointing out that terrorism is not a phenomenon exclusive unto Islam, which what you're saying reinforces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.