Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Linkin Park Update On Album #7

142 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, NinjaNick101 said:

All three of the songs aren't too bad and are distinctive pop songs ("Heavy" is the song that stuck with me more.), but the lack of guitar is concerning. It sounds like an incomplete effort thus far. Hoping the other 7 songs have some guitar riffs. I still have faith in LP.

Mike already stressed earlier in the year not to expect heavy guitars on this album.

4 hours ago, pen said:

Mike already stressed earlier in the year not to expect heavy guitars on this album.

I'd be okay with acoustic guitar riffs at this point.

IDK if anybody watched any of the live versions of Heavy.  Brad and "Phoenix" are standing around for like 85% of the song....doing absolutely nothing!

If I was a guitarist in a band, no way would I be willing to do that.  What's the point of having them if they don't play?  

Not a fan of this newer one at all. Not an "anti-Pop" thing for me, just don't think it's any good. The chorus is really bland. 

I'm with Omar, really. These three songs overall are pretty yeeesh. Poppy Linkin Park is fine, they're just not particularly good pop songs (except for "Heavy", which I still kinda enjoy). Can't say my hopes are too high for this release unfortunately. I'm not really sure Chester has a great voice for this type of music.

1 hour ago, xeph said:

I'm with Omar, really. These three songs overall are pretty yeeesh. Poppy Linkin Park is fine, they're just not particularly good pop songs (except for "Heavy", which I still kinda enjoy). Can't say my hopes are too high for this release unfortunately. I'm not really sure Chester has a great voice for this type of music.

Odd, cause I like Battle Symphony more than Heavy. As always with Linkin Park, your mileage may vary.

The three songs are obviously way different than anything else Linkin Park has done before and I'd prefer everything else they've done, but I can see the reason of why they wanted to experiment with this new release. Unfortunately, I'm thinking that some longtime fans don't take them seriously anymore after hearing these.

I'm still eager to hear the rest of the album as it's different. Out of the three, I'd prefer "Battle Symphony" too compared to the other two. Although, "Heavy" has been in my head a lot lately.

On 4/14/2017 at 11:28 PM, BreakTheAgony87 said:

I'd be okay with acoustic guitar riffs at this point.

IDK if anybody watched any of the live versions of Heavy.  Brad and "Phoenix" are standing around for like 85% of the song....doing absolutely nothing!

That's odd because I was just reading today quotes from Brad about how he's proud of the guitarwork he's done on this album and that's it's a lot more subtle and complimentary to everything else than being heavy and in the foreground. Sounds like a lot of acoustic work and texturing. So I guess what I'm saying is that Brad at least seems happy with the album.

6 minutes ago, pen said:

That's odd because I was just reading today quotes from Brad about how he's proud of the guitarwork he's done on this album and that's it's a lot more subtle and complimentary to everything else than being heavy and in the foreground. Sounds like a lot of acoustic work and texturing. So I guess what I'm saying is that Brad at least seems happy with the album.

*Re-listens to the LP catalog*.....*shrugs to Pen's comment"

I seriously couldn't care less because I feel that LP has been more focused on synths and beats than guitarwork, I just hate seeing members of a "band" standing around.

2 hours ago, American_Idiot said:

The three songs are obviously way different than anything else Linkin Park has done before and I'd prefer everything else they've done, but I can see the reason of why they wanted to experiment with this new release. Unfortunately, I'm thinking that some longtime fans don't take them seriously anymore after hearing these.

I'm still eager to hear the rest of the album as it's different. Out of the three, I'd prefer "Battle Symphony" too compared to the other two. Although, "Heavy" has been in my head a lot lately.

"Battle Symphony" is awesome!!!

To be totally honest, like with all other Linkin Park, all 3 songs have grown on me.  It takes me a little time to get used to the direction they're going, but once I do, I usually dig it.  I still abso-fucking-lutely HATE the Kiiara part of "Heavy"

2 hours ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

I seriously couldn't care less because I feel that LP has been more focused on synths and beats than guitarwork, I just hate seeing members of a "band" standing around.

I do get where you're coming from, but to be fair they only appear to be standing around for the first part of the song, before things build up.

9 hours ago, NinjaNick101 said:

This is the best out of the four I've heard. 

I really like Mike's vocals on this. Is it just me or do his vocals get stronger with each album? 

I was just gonna come back and mention that, Pen. I think I'm liking Mike's vocals more than Chester's so far (for this album). That may sound blasphemous, but I feel like Mike's softer tones work better w/ this music style they're going for while Chester sounds too grating at times.

Easily my favorite track that they've released so far. Mike really does much better than anything I've heard Chester sing so far in the previous songs. I could picture this belonging somewhere on "A Thousand Suns" or "Living Things."