Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Linkin Park Update On Album #7

100 posts in this topic

I could listen to this, even though it's not "traditional" Linkin Park, if there ever was such a thing as traditional LP. If I had to compare it to anything it reminds me of something similar to Hands Held High off MTM. 

Even after repeated listens to this I just don't think that Kiiara adds anything to the song.  

You could have had Ellie Goulding, Pink, Gwen Stefani, Elize from Amaranthe, Rhianna or any number of other female pop vocalists sing on this track who would have added their own unique flair to it.

4 hours ago, Omar said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spin.com/2017/02/linkin-park-kiiara-song-bad%3Famp%3D1

So I guess this was co-written by a huge pop songwriting duo. Spin, while not saying the song is bad, accuses them of basically selling out for the charts. 

I saw that. It is still just 1 person's opinion. Didnt sound like she was a fan to begin with.

5 hours ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

Even after repeated listens to this I just don't think that Kiiara adds anything to the song.  

You could have had Ellie Goulding, Pink, Gwen Stefani, Elize from Amaranthe, Rhianna or any number of other female pop vocalists sing on this track who would have added their own unique flair to it.

Maybe Kiiara's a friend of theirs and they just wanted her on the track.  I personally think her vocals mesh really well with Chester's and is a rather appealing sound.

2 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Have you read any of the Facebook comments yet ? Could be fun.

I don't read the Facebook comments on anything.  The world is full of stupid.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Maybe Kiiara's a friend of theirs and they just wanted her on the track.  I personally think her vocals mesh really well with Chester's and is a rather appealing sound.

Actually, the track was going to be just Chester and then Zane Lowe interviewed Kiiara, found out Linkin Park is one of her favorite bands, recommended to Mike he meet with her, and the rest is history. 

6 minutes ago, pen said:

Actually, the track was going to be just Chester and then Zane Lowe interviewed Kiiara, found out Linkin Park is one of her favorite bands, recommended to Mike he meet with her, and the rest is history. 

So what you're saying is that instead of blaming Linkin Park for this piece of shit song, we need to redirect the angry mob to Zane Lowe's house.  I'm on it!!!

Lemme rephrase my statement that Kiiara is the best part of this song; she doesn't really add anything that other artists could not, but I love her voice and especially more on this kind of song than say, Chester.

I still think it's funny how outraged their fans get over a song like this. All they want is Hybrid Theory/Meteora. They haven't put out anything like that in years, but they still expect it.

2 hours ago, xeph said:

Lemme rephrase my statement that Kiiara is the best part of this song; she doesn't really add anything that other artists could not, but I love her voice and especially more on this kind of song than say, Chester.

I actually really enjoyed every album that LP  has released and never was in the "Need a Hybrid Theory Part 2" fan club.

I would have been more than okay with something along the lines of M2M or 1K Suns...I didn't expect them to go full pop though.  

2 hours ago, xeph said:

Samesies.  Kiiara is the tits.

13 hours ago, 2ndkrueger said:

Much better :P

Seriously?  That's fucking junk.  There's like no rhyme or reason to any of the changes they made.  The chorus is so fucking bad and the hook is not the "problem" with the original.

Call me when Our Last Night does one.

1 hour ago, EchoInside said:

This is it! ;)

Wow....

What that tells me is that Linkin Park doesn't care about their fans.  

If they just want to make whatever music they feel like it, why not just be a touring jam band.  

12 minutes ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

Wow....

What that tells me is that Linkin Park doesn't care about their fans.  

If they just want to make whatever music they feel like it, why not just be a touring jam band.  

lol

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Unfortunately I think Linkin Park's problem is that a lot of their "fans" don't care about THEM

Actually a lot of fans of their first two albums have continued to buy their music even if they don't necessarily love it.  

It's like a boyfriend not giving his GF flowers on Valentine's Day because he knows she will still put out.

10 minutes ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

Actually a lot of fans of their first two albums have continued to buy their music even if they don't necessarily love it.  

It's like a boyfriend not giving his GF flowers on Valentine's Day because he knows she will still put out.

The sense of entitlement is disgusting.  Do you think Linkin Park should just be forced to make the music over and over for 20 years because it's what their fans want and anything less is a betrayal of their trust?

The band does what the band wants because they're fortunate enough to have worked hard and made their dreams come true, and the entitlement of some asshole fans to bitch about how the band betrayed or turned their back on them is sickening.  If you don't like it, then don't support it, but don't make LP the villains for making music they're passionate about instead of just making the same bland shit for the rest of their lives.

If anything that video up there proves their adoration for their fans.  They don't have to answer to anyone but they gave all you nerds a bit of fan service and you turned it into some sort of negative bullshit.

53 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Totally could've called Break would be one of "those" types of fans. 

Actually I think that Living Things is their best album, and wished they would have continued the direction the were going with The Hunting Party.

But clearly I must be wrong since you have me pegged so perfectly.