Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Linkin Park Update On Album #7

142 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, pen said:

That only one man is asking.

I'm not the only one to make the comparison. Read the comments below FATN's videos.

Just now, jman3000 said:

I'm not the only one to make the comparison. Read the comments below FATN's videos.

Oh I'm not questioning the comparison. I'm questioning the thought that Linkin Park wouldn't put out a superior album.

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

All Linkin Park has ever done is put out better albums than FATN.

The Hunting Party being the exception, I suppose.

Depends on who you are, I suppose. I still love The Hunting Party.

I love THP as well, I'm just a big fan of all their stuff. I didn't care for 'War' too much because I didn't like the punk vibe, but that's about it.

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

And perhaps most importantly, Kiiara is going to feature on it.  I hope this indicates the kind of quality we can expect.

I have to compliment Linkin Park on left-turning on the guest stars they have on their albums.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I bet the album is going to get poppy, which I'm unsure about. If anyone can pull it off, though, they can.

To be honest I really hope it is.

To be honest I really don't know what I want from Linkin Park anymore. Sometimes I don't think they are sure what direction they wanted to go. Not saying its bad, but a lot of their songs on each album are hit or miss for the past few ones. I'll check out the teaser once I get home from work.

Cool info, potentially the album title:

The final clip has continued the pattern of letters being added to the URL with every new video, now showing "onemorelight". Will 'One More Light' be the potential album title?

Linkin Park Clip #1 - 'Piano' | linkinpark.com/o
Linkin Park Clip #2 - 'Honesty' | linkinpark.com/on
Linkin Park Clip #3 - 'Lyrics' | linkinpark.com/one
Linkin Park Clip #4 - 'Risks' | linkinpark.com/onem
Linkin Park Clip #5 - 'Drum Idea' | linkinpark.com/onemo
Linkin Park Clip #6 'Female Vocal Idea' | linkinpark.com/onemor
Linkin Park Clip #7 'Chester Vocals' | linkinpark.com/onemore
Linkin Park Clip #8 'Heavy Teaser featuring Kiiara' | linkinpark.com/onemorelight

'One More Light' out May 19.

Amazon Pre-Order

Track List:
1. Nobody Can Save Me
2. Good Goodbye
3. Talking to Myself
4. Battle Symphony
5. Invisible
6. Heavy (feat. Kiiara)
7. Sorry for Now
8. Halfway Right
9. One More Light
10. Sharp Edges

I really don't know how I feel about this one.  I've generally liked every direction that LP has gone but this one is too poppy even for me.

I like it. It's a little too short for my liking, but loved the dual vocals w/ Kiiara in there. Simple first single and I hope they mix it up w/ the rest of the album. Only 10 songs, but I suppose that's pretty typical these days.

My biggest problem is with the Kiiara collab, she has WAYYYYY to much vocals on this song.  This is supposed  to be Linkin Park featuring Kiiara, not the other way around.

My fiancee and I both agree, if this was a brand new band putting out their debut single, I could understand this song.  In fact I'd probably eat it up.

However, we're talking about Linkin Park here.  I know the phrase "Selling Out" gets thrown around a lot, especially with Linkin Park, but this really feels like a simple money making song.

5 minutes ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

My biggest problem is with the Kiiara collab, she has WAYYYYY to much vocals on this song.  This is supposed  to be Linkin Park featuring Kiiara, not the other way around.

You know there are 5 other members of Linkin Park, besides Chester, right? They made all the music, too.