Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

NFL Divisional Round

124 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I am so fucking bored of the AFC.  Someone new needs to win that shit.

I know, it's either the Pats, Broncos, or Steelers. Every now and then the Ravens get there. 

2 minutes ago, TaNbULL said:

I know, it's either the Pats, Broncos, or Steelers. Every now and then the Ravens get there. 

Or Colts. Basically Ben/Brady/Peyton with a sprinkle of Gannon and Flacco the last 16 years.

11 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I am so fucking bored of the AFC.  Someone new needs to win that shit.

It's like Rock vs. Austin, it can happen at 15 WrestleMania's and it'll never get old.

Boring Pittsburgh is gone which guarantees that I'll be interested in the Super Bowl no matter which team is in it. And I'm rooting for Fitzgerald too so 3 out of the 4 teams winning would be fine by me. And I have nothing against Carolina so I'm okay with them winning even though I'm not rooting for them. Two best teams in each conference going at it. Good Super Bowl for me as a fan without my favorite team participating.

Just now, Mike said:

It's like Rock vs. Austin, it can happen at 15 WrestleMania's and it'll never get old.

Boring Pittsburgh is gone which guarantees that I'll be interested in the Super Bowl no matter which team is in it. And I'm rooting for Fitzgerald so 3 out of the 4 teams winning would be fine by me. And I have nothing against Carolina so I'm okay with them winning. Two best teams in each conference going at it. Good Super Bowl for me as a fan without my favorite team participating.

Still don't understand why you call the Steelers boring and have nothing to say about the Broncos. I saw only one team throw deep today, and it sure as hell wasn't Peyton.

Just now, Omar said:

Or Colts. Basically Ben/Brady/Peyton with a sprinkle of Gannon and Flacco the last 16 years.

It's like that eight-year stretch or however long it was where Cena, Orton and Edge were in every PPV main event.

Pats and Cards for me. And before you Panthers fans get mad at me for always picking against them, they've proved me wrong every single time so enjoy the win.

I'm still confused how Mike thinks the team with the 3rd best offense in the league (which included multiple weeks without their QB and basically the whole season without the best RB in the game) is boring

Just now, Brad said:

I'm still confused how Mike thinks the team with the 3rd best offense in the league (which included multiple weeks without their QB and basically the whole season without the best RB in the game) is boring

I mean they might be kinda boring now with Bell and Brown out, but when that team is healthy they are definitely one of the most entertaining teams in the league.  It's like he still thinks the Steelers are their usual defensive juggernaut and doesn't realize how explosive they are now.

8 minutes ago, Omar said:

Pats and Cards for me. And before you Panthers fans get mad at me for always picking against them, they've proved me wrong every single time so enjoy the win.

I'll take you picking against us and being wrong. Keep doing your thing haha. 

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

The only time I watch the Steelers is in the playoffs and outside of the Super Bowl vs. Arizona, they're always in forgettable, boring games.

So... You didn't really watch them this year... Their offense was INCREDIBLE until all of their starters started getting hurt. 

I'm rooting for Broncos-Cardinals, the more likely is Pats-Cardinals, and I'm fine with the Broncos, Cardinals, or Panthers winning it all.

Just now, tljay said:

I'm rooting for Broncos-Cardinals, the more likely is Pats-Cardinals, and I'm fine with the Broncos, Cardinals, or Panthers winning it all.

Let's go Pats!

So I know it will never happen because people want manning v brady one last time but if I was the coach I'd think about benching manning. The pats have mannings number and osweiler beat them the pats when they were still the team to beat

49 minutes ago, Brad said:

So I know it will never happen because people want manning v brady one last time but if I was the coach I'd think about benching manning. The pats have mannings number and osweiler beat them the pats when they were still the team to beat

I might agree. But if I were the coach and didn't care about NFL culture or how players and media might react, I might start Manning for the first drive in each half and then have Peyton run two-minute drills and no-huddle offenses when you need his brains. But as far as throwing the ball downfield more consistently, I would lean towards Osweiler. Still 0 turnovers for Peyton for the first time all year does have me feeling a bit more optimistic than I'd otherwise feel. He still looked nowhere near as good as Big Ben or Brady.

Unbelievable how fast a decline can happen in the NFL. In 2013, Manning was breaking records. Fast forward to the second half of 2014, and he was struggling hitting a 25-30 yard pass. 

8 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

I'm predicting a rematch of the SB XXXVIII. Do the math.

Would be awesome if the Panthers kept up this revenge tour they seem to be on from past postseasons.