Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

NFL Divisional Round

124 posts in this topic

Picked Seattle. Honestly couldn't be any happier to be wrong about this game. Cam playing the QB position today better than ANYONE has played it all year. That includes Brady and my boy Palmer. And this is coming from someone who has always doubted Cam.

21 minutes ago, nixon said:

Picked Seattle. Honestly couldn't be any happier to be wrong about this game. Cam playing the QB position today better than ANYONE has played it all year. That includes Brady and my boy Palmer. And this is coming from someone who has always doubted Cam.

Agreed. I should've left my picks alone. They're legit. And/or Seattle is just over their lucky streak. Nobody has come back from 31 down.

I guess Carolina is trying to let the game be interesting here. They're going to if this keeps up. I guess the Hawks luck has come in the second half lately. Hmm. 

2 minutes ago, Omar said:

Because going for two makes it a two score game. 

Oh yeah didn't think about that. Highly unlikely to convert three in a row so might as well take the sure thing to get it within a FG if they can make up the other two scores? That's all I can figure. 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Oh yeah didn't think about that. Highly unlikely to convert three in a row so might as well take the sure thing to get it within a FG if they can make up the other two scores? That's all I can figure. 

Nah there's no good reasoning for it. Just a dumb decision. If you don't get it this time, it's still gonna be a 3 score game regardless. Now it's gonna be a 3 score game no matter what. Low key awful decision.

extra points are no longer a sure thing anymore also

1 hour ago, nixon said:

I must have missed something. What has he done that is so special? He is 11-17 and 131 yards. Brady was 28-42 and 302 yards against probably the best defense in the league. And who knows what his stats were if Edleman and LaFell didn't drop so many passes

I'm relieving myself in the bathroom of some Plaza with a sports grill and a father and son just walked in, and that son was saying "do you think we can win?" and the dad was going "I don't know, son, it's gonna be close". It was adorable. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Manning's arm strength is so bad. Haha

That's why a lot of people said they should play Osweiler. With Manning they just need to play close and shut him down. Osweilet at least an throw it down the field and opens up the defense

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

That's why a lot of people said they should play Osweiler. With Manning they just need to play close and shut him down. Osweilet at least an throw it down the field and opens up the defense

Too bad he's about as mediocre as Manning. Go with the one with experience. 

Why were the football pre-game shows acting like the drug dealing criminal mother of Demaryius Thomas watching him play for the first time is some feel-good story? They were all acting like she just recovered from a disease or returned from a tour of duty or something and her seeing him play was some happy story worth mentioning.

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Eh. Experience can't overcome lack of ability. Osweiler may have less experience but he has more ability

Debatable. He's hasn't looked any good either.

Kubiak has to save his job too, he can't go out and lose with Osweiler and have Peyton sitting on the bench. People wouldn't let him live it down.

lol Harty just can't admit that Cam has actually outplayed everyone this year. 

Game related: I knew that Seattle was going to make a comeback. This has happened all year. Big leads and blowing them. Up 27-7 on the Packers, let them back in. Up 35-7 on the Giants, let them back in. Up 23-6 on the Colts, let them back in. This is the life of a Panthers fan. They don't have the Cardiac Cats nickname for nothing. Russell Wilson went OFF in the second half. 

Peyton's throws haven't looked great today, but compared to how he's looked since the 2nd half of last year and the weather today, I'd say he actually looks better than I expected. His receivers are fucking dropping EVERYTHING!!! AHHHH

I thought that the Broncos should have started Osweiler and had Peyton come in for situations where you need his cerebral style like two-minute offense and other times you might wanna run a no-huddle.

Kinda like John Smoltz who switched from being a starting pitcher to a closer at the end of his career. I just don't know how Peyton can hold up over 60 minutes of football or if he has to play 60 more minutes next week if they're fortunate enough to come away with a win here.